Author Topic: Candida Cleanse Without Supplements  (Read 21748 times)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Candida Cleanse Without Supplements
« on: July 01, 2006, 03:26:30 PM »
I have been reading some yeast free diet posts and I just don't know how anyone can do this!!  I can't swallow piills, so the yeast assasin is out of the question.  I can't do it in pudding, applesause, cutting it up , or letting it disolve, either.  Believe me, I have tried.  I read your post on what foods to avoid and I realize that there is nothing left to eat!!  :)   What is the minimum amount of days one needs to do this diet to kill all of the yeast?  Also, I did a raw diet fast last year.  It consisted of all raw veggies and fruits.  No yeast, bread, dairy, etc.  I did this for about three days and had to go to the doctors for symptoms of hypoglycemia.  What is the easiest way to do this diet and how do you find the recipes and time to do it.  I think I have a yeast issue and really want to take care of it.  Any advice?  Thanks

This IS a tough one, but I don't think it's impossible.  Beka may have some input on this, but I'll go ahead and tell you what I think I would do.

I would get The Yeast Connection Cookbook.  If you happen to have a copy of Protein Power or one of Atkins books lying around, they would work in a pinch.  Follow the diet plans in this book.  Also, these books don't tell you this, but you need to supplement and switch your fats to healthy ones (nothing hydrogenized or partially hydrogenized).  Make sure you're getting butter, olive oil, sesame oil, cod liver oil, fish oil, flax seed (whole crushed), or some other good source of Omega 3 fats and plenty of protein.

Then get lots of kefir and/or yogurt to supplement your probiotics.  Drink lots of water while sugar fasting to cleanse your body of toxins.  My guess on the hypoglycemia is you weren't getting enough B12 and/or protein.  These two things are missing in most fruits and veggies and they both help to regulate blood sugar (low blood sugar runs in family) and maintain muscle tissue.

It will probably take a bit longer without the help of supplements, but you can still get there.  I had amazing results by just cutting out the sugars, starches and refined grains.  After about 2 weeks, you'll actually feel the difference. 

I don't know much about oregano oil but it's one of the ingredients in Yeast Assassin and I'm guessing it's an essential oil that you could mix in a salad dressing or something. 

Also, Gabe mentioned that Yeast Assassin tastes a bit like Italian food, so maybe you could try sprinkling it on something that you would normally eat with garlic or Italian seasoning.  This might be tough because most Italian foods are not allowed in a sugar free diet, but maybe you could eat it on a salad with Italian dressing ???
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
Re: Candida Cleanse Without Supplements
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 06:03:29 PM »
Caprillyc Acid, found in coconut oil is also one of the ingredients in Yeast Assassin.  Garlic is also anti-fungal.  I would up your intake of these as well.

Also, I looked up yeast in The Green Pharmacy and this book recommends you increase your intake of garlic, onions, echinacea, cranberries, goldenseal tincture or tea, purslane(in salad or steamed), goldenrod tea, ivy leaf tea, licorice, sage or sage tea, spicebush bark extract, and vitamins A, C and E.

Candidicidal Soup

If you're dealing with the aggravation of recurring yeast infections, one of the best things you can do for yourself is to develop a taste for garlic and onions.   Here's a tasty soup that might help.

4 cups water
2 onions, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
sage
thyme
ground cloves
salt
groundblack pepper
acidophilus yogurt

Place the water, garlic and onions in a medium saucepan.  Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.  Season to taste with the sage, thyme, cloves, salt and pepper, but use the spices somewhat sparingly.  Top each serving with a dollop of yogurt.

MAKES 4 SERVINGS
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 02:18:45 AM »
The Fungus Link has a good diet to follow.  Lot of foods have antifungal properties.  Even carrots do and the garlic is comparable to nystatin.  Doug Kaufmann is the author of that book.  He also has a recipe book I believe.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 02:22:08 AM by Pennie »

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 03:28:50 PM »
Okay, I made up my own diet plan.  It is a partial yeast diet and partial maker's diet, and I am also doing the water cure.  I have been on it for two days now...AND I HAVE GAINED 3 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o  Please, tell me that it is the gain before the loss.  Am I doing something wrong?  I really don't want to be any fatter than I have to be.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 03:45:08 PM »
Okay, I made up my own diet plan.  It is a partial yeast diet and partial maker's diet, and I am also doing the water cure.  I have been on it for two days now...AND I HAVE GAINED 3 POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o  Please, tell me that it is the gain before the loss.  Am I doing something wrong?  I really don't want to be any fatter than I have to be.

I don't know, but I personally recommend against weighing daily.  There are too many up's and down's in between eating, drinking, wasting, etc.  I wouldn't weigh any more often than once a week, but this is just me. 
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 02:54:43 PM »
This makers diet is really not working.  I have been doing it for three days and I feel absolutely no change.  My usual cleanses I can feel right away.  I detox and everything.  This water cure thing is not working, either.  I just can't believe it!  There have been so many wonderful posts, and I have done much research on it and I am not feeling anything.   ???
I am not taking a fiber supplement like J. Rubin suggests, so perhaps I am having a hard time digesting all that protein.  My stomach cramps after I eat a meal and I have indigestion.  Something that I have never had before.  Has anyone else had any problems on the Maker's Diet?  I guess the diet is more like a way of life than a cleanse.  I just figured that I would feel a little bit of detox being off of all sugar, carbs, and dairy.  Any suggestions?

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2006, 03:15:15 PM »
healthyinOhio,

I would give it two weeks before you start worrying.  It takes about 2 to 3 weeks to adjust to eating more proteins and less carbs.  The dairy may have more indirect results that may take a bit longer to notice.  The Maker's Diet (you're right) is not a cleanse, but a way of life that will lead you back to health and keep you there if you stick with it.

Good luck and God Bless

~hb
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline jamie

• Learning
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2006, 02:16:39 PM »
I had a food allergy test done once and they said i was allergic to garlic among other things. Garlic does seem to bother my stomach. Any suggestion on making my stomach digestion stronger. I know it is weak do to all the things i did unknowingly.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2006, 03:45:34 PM »
I had a food allergy test done once and they said i was allergic to garlic among other things. Garlic does seem to bother my stomach. Any suggestion on making my stomach digestion stronger. I know it is weak do to all the things i did unknowingly.

Check the other threads for treating Candida and Leaky Gut.  There is a lot of useful information in both threads for healing the gut.  Also try reading The Maker's Diet and/or Nourishing Traditions.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 03:49:22 PM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline mrsnoah

• Adept
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2006, 08:10:15 PM »
hey guys- how do i get rid of candida with only pills and no weird stuff like enemas? i will order tummy tune up and yeast assassin. what else? I am starting the master cleanse on 7/8/o6 and already take a supermom rab.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2006, 06:35:48 AM »
hey guys- how do i get rid of candida with only pills and no weird stuff like enemas? i will order tummy tune up and yeast assassin. what else? I am starting the master cleanse on 7/8/o6 and already take a supermom rab.

No enemas necessary ;)  You might want to up your intake of Omega 3 fats in foods or supplemental form.  This helps to heal the lining of the gut that candida causes.  CLICK HERE for more information on Leaky Gut and how to heal it.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline 3boysmyjoys

• Adept
  • My Three Boys And My Joy
    • Contenders for the Faith
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2006, 04:55:19 AM »
2.  My boys are 5, 3, and 6 mo. (I am nursing him).  Will this affect them in a negative way?

A healthy diet won't hurt anyone.  If you begin to experience detox or the nursing baby begins to experience it from his milk, try eating a healthy sugar to slow the detox, like a grain cereal or a fruit.  Otherwise, drink lots of water to flush toxins and detox quickly.  Tough cravings should subside in a few days and the more lingering cravings should be gone in a couple of weeks.
3.  Each time I have tried the Water Cure it has decreased my milk supply within 24 hrs.  And believe me, I was drinking the required amount!  Should I do something different?

If I understand this process correctly, drinking salt signals to your body that you are dehydrated which makes your body retain fluids instead of wasting or passing them.  Losing milk supply would be another defense at saving fluids.

4.  Can we eat fruit while trying to cleanse our systems of yeast?

In the first couple of weeks, fruit is definately not recommended.  Too much sugar.  I would recommend you read "The Yeast Connection" and possibly "Protein Power" so you can have a better understanding of what's in your food that will feed candida.

5.  How long should we stay on this diet?

Indefinately would be the best, except that after the yeast is under control, you could begin to reincorporate things like raw milk, healthy grains and fruits.

Our symptoms:

We all have stomach trouble on and off.  The runs, gas, bloating, etc.  We all get seasonal allergies.  Sneezing, itchy eyes,nose, and throat.

My 5yob gets severe seasonal allergies.  He is lactose intolerant and even though we don't eat a lot of sugar he has already had three fillings and needs three more.

My 3yob has a gluten allergy.  He is very small and thin.  He always complains of tummy aches and is a bedwetter.

My 6mo.ob has eczema.  It seems to be getting better now that I am avoiding dairy.

I have extreme sugar cravings at times! ;D  I'll eat healthy for awhile and then go on binges.   :-[  I have trouble when I eat dairy and sometimes have trouble with being lethargic.

My DH has a lack of energy, and addiction to sugar, stomach troubles, and often complains of leg/back aches.

Sounds like LGS (leaky gut) to me.  You need to make sure everyone is getting enough protein (contains amino acid gluatmine), omega 3 fats and probiotics (yogurt, kefir, etc) as these are needed requirement for healing the gut.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 08:45:00 AM by healthybratt »

Offline SHERRI REEL

• Adept
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2006, 05:22:32 AM »
why is yeast assasin bad while nursing?
Just learn'n but pioneer at heart.
Sherri

Offline blessedmamadp

• Adept
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2006, 05:49:11 AM »
Just wanted to post my thoughts on this!

During my last pregnancy, I was dealing with yeast and sugar problems.  I would be useless after breakfast until lunch.  I had zero energy.  So I developed this diet plan for myself:
Small meals every 3 hours (some of these meals were simply a handful of nuts - great protein)
Modified Atkins diet that I found for yeast killing.  I think it was like South Beach, but I'm not too familiar with it.  We liked it because we added fruit after 2 weeks and we could eat corn and we added SOME potatoes after 2 weeks - I think.  The corn and fruit made it more tolerable.  It think we could have oatmeal too after the 2 weeks.
I even got up in the middle of the night (it was really hard to lose sleep over this, but that was the main thing that helped me feel better in mornings) to eat a hand full of nuts or I'd make a duplicate plate at dinner so all I had to do was put it in the microwave a minute and then chow-but after a while I started eating things cold.

That's it and I LOST weight during my last 2 months pregnant!  I wish I could get us back on it, but without some major health problem pushing us we can't seem to get in gear.  And, by the way, my midwife wasn't in the slightest concerned about the weight loss.  I'd put on about 30 pounds during the end of the first and to the middle of the second trimester anyway.  I just about lost down to where I'd been at the beginning.  It was nice.  Now, if I hadn't put on 40-50 lbs SINCE my pregnancy, I'd be doing okay.  ::sigh::

Gotta get up and get moving!

PMESguy

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2006, 06:42:15 AM »
Carrot juice with as much garlic and ginger as you can stand.

Coconut oil and lots of it. Fat does NOT make you fat!!!

In-Liven Probiotic Superfood 3x's per day. Especially right before bed with cold water on an empty stomach. www.onegroup.com

Offline SteveTallent

• Adept
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2006, 07:19:12 AM »
why is yeast assasin bad while nursing?

The ingredient black walnut can dry up milk supply.
Any health info, or dosage recommendations are strictly my opinion and are not to be construed as the opinion or recommendation of Beeyoutiful.com unless otherwise stated.

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2006, 04:53:18 AM »

In-Liven Probiotic Superfood 3x's per day. Especially right before bed with cold water on an empty stomach. www.onegroup.com

is this for killing yeast??  wasn't sure which post you were replying to.  thanks!
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2006, 05:32:28 AM »

is this for killing yeast??  wasn't sure which post you were replying to.  thanks!  I don't know about the carot juice or ginger, but garlic, coconut oil and probiotics are both anti-fungals - good for killing yeast.   ;D
  My favorite herb book!!

PMESguy

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2006, 06:19:36 AM »

is this for killing yeast??  wasn't sure which post you were replying to.  thanks!

Essentially, yes. But I don't think it is wise to make the bad bacteria your enemy. The militaristic and medical approach is not very successful in eliminating parasites (candida is a fungus, which is a parasite). Instead, you are trying to increase the hosts resistance to infestation/overpopulation. Remember that candida is supposed to be in your body. Killing is not a good idea. Many people get parasites and fungal infestions and/or find that they GET WORSE after medical treatment (ie antibotics).

Since you cannot clean out until you have the nutrition on board to do so, you want to look for the nutrients that suport the good bacteria and, in the process, allow the good guys to have their orgies in your gut on all that good food. :) That's what the foods I mentioned really do. And yes, they all have anit-fungal properties to them as well.

In-Liven is the only cultured superfood that I know of. It is cultured with 13 strains of bacteria that have been strengthened over many generations. Good stuff!! Traditional lactofermented foods are excellent as well, but they are not always so easy to come by.

Offline ILoveGodsWisdom

• Adept
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2006, 02:26:43 AM »
Regarding the Maker's Diet.  I did an 80% raw food diet with 20% cooked foods, all vegan for about 5 years.  Then I heard how bad carbohydrates are etc, etc, and switched to a higher protein, meat, cheese and egg diet for a few days and my stomach did sumersaults. 

From what I understand about the Maker's Diet, which I recently read, it is not a cleansing diet, rather, it is a diet particularly aimed at getting people with gut problems such as candida, yeast, Chron's Disease, IBS back to health.  If you have these sorts of problems it is best to almost cut out grains to start with, as the fibre will irritate the lining of digestive track.  They also focus on healthy flora, probiotics and healthy soil micro-organisms.  I found when doing the raw food diet that I didn't have any problems with candida or yeast. 

The Maker's Diet is more a way of life.  I have found the diet quiet usefull in reintroducing heathy animal products back into our diet slowly, such as home made organic yogurts.  We still however, eat a lot of raw salads and fruits on a daily basis, this is what the good bacteria love to feed off.  I also take the probiotic formula enliven and have become a rep for onegroup to get the product cheaper.  You can see their product www.misecret.mionegroup.com

I have found even when we have naughty b'day parties with iced cakes and bought fruit juices that we don't come down with colds like we used to when we are on the enliven product.  Normally the sugar would feed up the bad bacteria putting them out of check and causing a symptom (the cold) but the enliven formula keeps it in check.  I only use 1/4 to 1/2 a teaspoon daily but make sure I take it with my raw juice in the morning which is it's food source to multiply (kind of like brewing your own yogurt but your tummy is the jar  ;) ).  Hope this makes sence.

I would encourage anyone who wants to clean out candida without pill supplements to grow some of your own vegies and so that they have healthy natural micro-organisms in their diet, even if it's only a little bit of spinash.  Also include a lot of raw foods, try and have a side salad each with your main meal.  For snacks b/w meals reach for an apple instead of a cooked slice.  Also try taking a powdered formula like enliven and sprinkle it in your juice in the morning or your breaky cereal with some chopped raw apple if you can.  Never take antibiotics.  Probiotics will naturally help build up your bodies God given deffense system.  Antibiotics will blow it away and make way for something worse to take hold.

Trace
Passport type shot of me and my 4 children

Offline T

• Adept
    • Red Umbrella Cosmetics
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2007, 07:44:13 AM »

Tell me why you say to use carrot juice.  I would think that would have a great deal of sugar in it.  I can understand the garlic and ginger.  Just found this so I know it's an old quote but thought you might be out there still to answere.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2007, 09:09:25 AM »

Tell me why you say to use carrot juice.  I would think that would have a great deal of sugar in it.  I can understand the garlic and ginger.  Just found this so I know it's an old quote but thought you might be out there still to answere.
I'm sure he'd love to answer this for you, but he's left us.   :'(  Just thought I'd let you know.  amazonmama2five was kind enough to let me know that you were asking.  ;)
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline T

• Adept
    • Red Umbrella Cosmetics
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2007, 02:56:26 PM »
Thanks for the info.  Do any of you all know why carrot juice might be good for something like this or if it would have too much natural sugar?

Offline onmyway2natural

• Adept
  • Winter on Galveston Island, TX
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2007, 02:08:30 PM »
I could be wrong, but I'm just guessing the carrot juice was just to have something relatively healthy that could disguise the garlic and ginger flavors as much as possible, which isn't an easy thing! Yes carrots have lots of sugar in them, for a vegetable/fruit.
Blessed wife to my own Prince William.
Grateful SAH&HsMommy to 9yog, 6yob, 5yob, 2yog.

Offline Amey

• Adept
    • Amey's Blog
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2007, 02:51:50 PM »
Thanks for the info.  Do any of you all know why carrot juice might be good for something like this or if it would have too much natural sugar?

Doug Kaufman says that even though carrots are sweet and high in carbs, they contain special anti-fungal properties.

YoopreMama

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2008, 03:17:01 PM »
This seemed like the most relevant candida thread to post this link on...
http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/menu6_2.php
It's about what supplements/interventions to avoid...interesting...