Author Topic: Low Carb Recipes [Atkins, Anti-Candida, High Protein, etc.]  (Read 46353 times)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Low Carb Recipes [Atkins, Anti-Candida, High Protein, etc.]
« on: January 29, 2008, 08:22:59 AM »
We already have a thread for foods to eat, but I wanted to give you all a thread for recipes and meal ideas, because I remember how difficult it was to maintain this sort of diet for more than a couple of weeks for weight loss or what have you without a bit of variety.

Here are a few, off the top of my head.  I'll add more as I remember them.  Keep in mind, I made these up out of desperation for variety, so I don't have any exact measurements.  I just winged it.

I remember I bought alot of chicken breasts because they are so versatile and I love chicken.

Also keep in mind, if you need a bit of variety, breaded is okay.  There's only a few carbs in a Tablespoon of flour, so as long as you keep it light, it won't hurt if you toss your chicken, steak or chops in a bit of flour before you fry them.  Gravy isn't too bad as long as you're not mixing it in a meal with something else that has carbs.  Gravy is only 2 T of flour for several servings, so this is probably okay too as long as you watch what you eat it on.  Also keep in mind, milk has sugar in it, so water gravy is best, whole milk is next, and skim is the worst if you're trying to watch your carbs.  Skim milk has more carbs per serving, because all of the fat has been removed.)  ;)

One of my absolute favorite salads is Chicken Ceasar, and it's one I often forget to make for myself.

Iceburg or Green Leaf lettuce
Fresh Spinach
Grilled, baked or fried chicken (seasoned a variety of ways), cut in strips (breasts are best).
Lots of Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
Most people use Caesar dressing.  I like Caesar and Ranch mixed together.  Your creamy dressings usually have sugar, so just try to keep your dressings to a minimum and look for carb healthy (sugar free) dressings whenever possible.

Cut up chicken breasts into strips or chunks
Diced onions
Minced garlic
Mushrooms
Green beans
Season as desired (I usually use salt, both black and red pepper, and Italian seasoning) and grill all of this up in a fry pan with a touch of olive oil.

Snack for sugar cravings.  A few (maybe a Tablespoon) semi-sweet chocolate chips are low in carbs, mixed with a dollop of real peanut butter (no sugar added) and some crushed flax seeds.  Mix and eat with a spoon.  Yum!

can of spinach drained
2 cans of mushrooms drained
Parmesean cheese
browned/drained ground beef (this would be good with chicken too, I think)
shredded cheese of choice

mix everything except the cheese and put in baking dish.  sprinkle over with cheese and bake until cheese begins to brown.  This is also good with pasta (which you can't have) so you can make a big batch and eat it alone and serve it with pasta for your family.

in 8X8 glass pan layer

Chopped frozen brocolli about 1/2-1 inch thick
     (drizzle broccoli with olive oil, salt, pepper & onion powder and mix well and spread evenly over bottom of pan)

4 pollack fillets (or cod, or any other white fish)
     (season fillets with toasted sesame seeds, wheat germ, crushed flax seed, crushed red pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper)

Optional:  sprinkle with Parmesan or layer with white cheese of choice (I used Monterey Jack)

Bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes until fish is flakey and brocolli is hot.

This is fantastic.  Have had it twice now.  Big hit. (I just made this one up recently, but realized, it's a low carb meal, so I added it here too.)

You can serve this with rice or potatoes for your family.

Garden Omlette

2-3 eggs beaten in a bowl (no milk)
cook omelete as normal.

In another pan, grill/saute chopped onions, carrots, garlic, mushrooms, peppers and any other low carb veggie you like in some butter or olive oil.  You can just throw this on your omelette or you can add cheese or gravy.

The gravy my hubby likes:  I removed the grilled veggies from the pan and set aside.  I use this pan for the gravy.  I add enough fat to the fat left in  the pan to make about 1/2-1 T.  Then add the same amount of flour.  Season as desired.  Mix with a fork over heat until roux begins to brown.  Add 1/2-1 cup of water and some cheese (I always used a slice of American but the equivalent of shredded cheddar would be healthier and lower in carbs).  Stir until gravy thickens and cheese melts.  Pour over omelette and serve.

Many meals can be made as usual for the family, but the person dieting, can just avoid the corn, peas, potatoes, rice or bread that goes with the meal.

Enjoy.

My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
Re: Low Carb Recipes [Atkins, Anti-Candida, High Protein, etc.]
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 08:36:11 AM »
Diced carrots  (carrots are higher in carbs, so you may want to leave them out).
Chopped Brocolli
Chopped Cauliflour
Chopped onions
minced garlic
salt and pepper
(mushrooms - optional)

Saute the above in a small amount butter or olive oil starting with the carrots because they take longer than everything else.  When all the veggies are all tender, sprinkle with generous amounts of shredded cheese of choice (I like sharp cheddar) and cover until melted.

Very good stuff eaten alone or served with meats.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 08:40:41 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 08:36:58 AM »
Lots of vegetarian recipes are low carb if you're looking for other ideas.

the Yeast Connection
Atkins Diet
& Protein Power

all have recipes in them that are low carb.

If you need carb counts for individual foods, there are books available and here's a list with some of the more common foods.

http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,995.msg6960.html#msg6960
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 08:39:56 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 08:43:03 AM »
Another idea for you carb counters.  If you're counting carbs, you get to subtract any fiber grams you eat.  This means if your dish has 25 carbs and 6 grams of fiber, you only have to count 19 carbs towards your daily total.

A good way to get a lower count from your foods, would be to sprinkle crushed flax seed over the top of your dishes.  It has a nice nutty/oily flavor and would be tasty on most any of the recipes I listed below.  :)
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline mhoward1999

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 09:41:15 AM »
Thank you so much for this thread. THIS is what I need!  ;D

Offline Gigi

• Master
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 12:00:26 PM »
There are quite a few VERY low-carb ideas/recipes that I had posted in the Type 1 Diabetes thread a while back.  Maybe it'll inspire even more creativity in the low-carb kitchen?

http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,475.90.html

(If this isn't a helpful link, feel free to remove my post, HB.)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 12:28:57 PM »
There are quite a few VERY low-carb ideas/recipes that I had posted in the Type 1 Diabetes thread a while back.  Maybe it'll inspire even more creativity in the low-carb kitchen?

http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,475.90.html

(If this isn't a helpful link, feel free to remove my post, HB.)
Actually, I'm not sure why I didn't think of that.  ;D  I know that these diets are very similar.  Good thinking.   ;)
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Leilani

• Adept
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 01:21:57 PM »
Hey I have quite a few low carb recipes I can post some if anyone is interested I haven't read the other threads so don't know what kind of recipes are there. I mostly focused on getting some sweets when I was being creative on low carb. Some recipes that come to mind are,
a great pizza recipe (the toppings are already low this is a good crust) it uses canned Parmesan so not exactly the most healthy thing in the world but really does the job to get rid of that pizza craving.
cheese cake
smoothies
some kind of cheese cake balls rolled in nuts I remember liking those.
blueberry muffins. these were nice when you couldn't stand to look at another egg for brk but they use soy flour
pumpkin muffins with cream cheese frosting
mock mashed potato's/potato salad (made with cauliflower WEIRDLY just like potato's)

Cream is a good substitute for milk in anything. heavy cream is best then half and half next as far as carb count goes. So whipped cream is a go too! I used to buy low carb ice cream by blue bunny that was sooo yummy but I think it would be pretty easy to make your own lowcarb ice cream with an ice cream maker.

most sweet recipes call for splenda but I think something like stevia or xylitol could be substituted just fine.
Leilani married to my Mr Visionary (now that I think about it he is really more of a Command man :D ) for 12 years!
my sweet boys 10, 8,4 and our baby girl is 2

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 03:51:37 PM »
I'm interested.  I'm low carbing it right now.  Need to lose a few pounds and get my energy back and I just know those fighting yeast would love to know they can eat ice cream.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 03:53:10 PM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline skelliott2

• Adept
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2008, 04:29:53 PM »
Yes, you can have ice cream while fighting yeast, if you make it with pure cream, raw is best of course  :), and Xylitol.  The Xylitol is an exact measure for measure substitute for sugar, so you just use a normal ice cream recipe.  Our favorite is:  4 cups cream, 1 cup xylitol, 1 vanilla bean.  Yum, yum!!!  The only problem with xylitol is, it acts like serious fiber in your stomach, so it can cause tummy aches    :o, so, you might want to start with just a little ice cream, and see how you do with it!  We've also made ice cream with Agave nectar, which is low glycemic, but I don't know how well it would work for low carb.

Offline Leilani

• Adept
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2008, 04:47:39 PM »
  The only problem with xylitol is, it acts like serious fiber in your stomach, so it can cause tummy aches    :o, so, you might want to start with just a little ice cream, and see how you do with it! 

OH man that reminds me... I have a browine recipe that is really good but you have to take it easy  :-X xylitol can really ummm clean you out, I also vomit if I eat too much xylitol.  ::) you can't tell a girl on a diet she can have browines!

Edited to add: low carb is my favorite way to lose weight! Its really easy for me to stick to after the first few days.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 05:07:04 PM by Leilani »
Leilani married to my Mr Visionary (now that I think about it he is really more of a Command man :D ) for 12 years!

Offline Leilani

• Adept
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2008, 05:53:06 PM »
MAGIC PIZZA CRUST

8oz grated Parmesan cheese ( kraft in the green can)
2Tbs olive oil
3-4 eggs
2Tbs shredded mozzarella
basil
garlic

mix all ingredients spread on a 14" pan lined with greased (nonstick spray) parchment paper. (this is important so it doesn't stick)  bake at 450 10-12 minutes until golden. add toppings and bake till bubbly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the following two recipes come from http://www.sugarfreesheila.com/ lots of recipes there

Breakfast (like German pancake) 10 total carbs
4 eggs
4 oz cream cheese
2oz heavy cream
1/8tsp nutmeg
1/2tsp melted butter
3-4 packets splenda/xylitol etc
combine and pour into a small greased baking dish (loaf pan works great)
bake 20-30 minutes at 350
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smoothie  (6 total carbs)
3oz cream cheese (I liked a little less like 2 oz)
1 egg
1/4 cup heavy cream
1Tbs sugar free syrup (don't know what you could sub here that would be more healthy maybe like vanilla and stevia?)
Ice
combine in blender and blend.
this recipe always horrified my low fat vegetarian like friends but it tasted great!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this soup is good low carb or not! It comes from George Stella who used to have a show on foodnetwork. he has some books and a website that are good.

MAMMA STELLA'S STRACIATELLA

6 CUPS CHICKEN STOCK
3 LARGE EGGS
1/4 CUP GRATED PARMESAN CHEESE
2TBS FRESH CHOPPED PARSLEY
SALT AND PEPPER

BRING THE STOCK TO A SIMMER
WITH A WHISK MIX THE EGGS AND PARMESAN CHEESE TOGETHER IN A BOWL.
MAKE SURE THE STOCK IS NOT BOILING AND SLOWLY POUR IN THE EGG AND CHEESE MIXTURE.
WAIT A MINUTE FOR ETH EGGS TO JUST SET. GENTLY STIR IN THE PARSLEY SLIGHTLY BREAKING UP
THE COOKED EGG. TURN OFF HEAT AND SEASON WITH  SALT AND PEPPER.

4 SERVINGS
2 CARBS PER SERVING

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline mhoward1999

• Adept
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 01:05:57 PM »
Chocolate Mousse

2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
2 level teaspoons cocoa powder
1 packet Stevia Balance sweetener
1 teaspoon vanilla

I use a wide mouth mason jar and my stick blender. Blend the cream until it starts to get thick, then add all other ingredients. Blend until it will hold stiff peaks. Enjoy!

Offline linemansgirl

• Adept
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 06:33:12 PM »
I am low carbing right now and would love some of the other recipes you listed Leilani!  I am going to be trying out some that are already posted!
And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.    Galatians 6:9

Offline Leilani

• Adept
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 07:12:38 PM »
I am low carbing right now and would love some of the other recipes you listed Leilani!  I am going to be trying out some that are already posted!

Here's the blueberry muffin recipe. Thats the only one I have ready to go right now. I will try to get more on tomorrow!  :)

LOW CARB BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
george stella

cooking spray
muffin cup liners
1cup soy flour
1/2 cup sugar substitute
1tsp baking powder
2 eggs
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup club soda
1/2 cup blueberries

preheat oven to 375

Spray muffin liners with cooking spray

In a bowl using a wire whisk, mix all the remaining ingredients, except the blueberries,
until well blended. Then fold in the blueberries and fill the 6 muffin cups evenly with
batter. Place on the centter rack of the oven and bake for 20-25 min, or until the tops
turn golden brown and a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven
and let cool before refrigerating. Serve warm with butter or cold with cream cheese

in place of blueberries you can use raspberries, blackberries,banana extract and walnuts,
lemon or almond extract and poppy seeds, cranberries, pumpkin

yeild 6 muffins
carbs 12 gr
fiber 4 gr

Offline amy3js

• Master
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2008, 07:34:31 PM »
I am doing an anti-candida thing right now, so this thread is great and perfect! For any of you that have done this though, how many carbs did you eat per day? If any....
You get what you get, what matters is what you do with it.

Offline Gigi

• Master
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2008, 06:02:53 AM »
Here's one that I noticed I didn't post in the Type 1 Diabetes thread, but this is absolutely delicious - family members will never know it's low carb because it just feels like it's chock full of potatoes and it's also chock full o' flavor!  This recipe is from a collection of Bernstein Diabetic Solution recipes.

Beef Stew with Pumpkin
serves 8
net carbs per serving, 5g

2lbs beef stew meat
2 Tb lard
1/2 tsp seasoning salt
1 medium sweet onion, chopped
1 clove elephant garlic or 2 cloves garlic, minced
2 bay leaves
4" tops from 1 bunch celery or 2 large stalks celery, chopped
2 small turnips, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
2 carrots, cut into 1/2 inch chunks (optional)
1/2 head cabbage, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
1/2 tsp seasoning salt
1/4 tsp basil
1/4 tsp lemon pepper
1 15 oz can pumpkin puree

Place stew meat and lard into a 5 quart stockpot.  Season it with 1/2 tsp seasoning salt.  Cook over medium heat until the meat loses most of it's redness, about 5 minutes.

Add the onion and garlic and continue to cook until the onion is translucent, about 3-4 minutes.  Add the bay leaves, celery, turnips, carrots, cabbage, 1/2 tsp seasoning salt, basil and lemon pepper.  (If you have beef stew bones, add them here as well - they add a lot of flavor). Cover tightly and allow to simmer on low for 4-6 hours.  Don't chintz on the cooking time, this get VERY flavorful from all this simmering, and it turns into REAL STEW - very thick and chunky, not brothy.

After that time, remove the bay leaves and add the pumpkin to the pot.  Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.  Serve.  Makes GREAT leftovers.

Offline linemansgirl

• Adept
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2008, 04:00:53 PM »
Thank you for the recipes Leilani!  I just had a smoothie, I used stevia and vanilla.  Yum!!!  There are several variations that I want to try.  Pumpkin and cinnamon, peanut butter and cocoa powder, berries.  Looking forward to more recipes!
And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.    Galatians 6:9

Offline Leilani

• Adept
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2008, 06:41:19 PM »
Looking forward to more recipes!

Ooops sorry! Forgot about this thread!  :-[

this is from George Stella too, he has a couple of cookbooks but the one I have is called LIVIN' LOW CARB and I bet you could get it from the library. This is really good after I made this I used spaghetti squash with lots of pasta recipes but this was our favorite. Even hub liked it and he is against anything he thinks of as "diet" food  ;D

SPAGHETTI SQUASH ALFREDO

1/2 medium spaghetti squash
4 Tbs butter (unsalted if you have it)
1 cup heavy cream
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 1/2 cups freshly grated parmesan
1/4 cup chopped parsley leaves
fresh basil leaves
grape or cherry tomatoes sliced in half

Slice spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds with a spoon and clean as you would a pumpkin. Completely submerge 1 half at a a time, in a large pot of boiling water and cook for about 20 min until the inside is just tender to a fork and pulls apart in strands. (its better to under cook if you are not sure)  Remove drain and cool with cold water or ice bath to stop the cooking. Or cook the spaghetti squash any way you prefer (oven, microwave)

Scoop out the cooked squash from its skin with a spoon as you would an avocado and discard the skin. Use a fork to fluff and separate the squash into "spaghetti"-like strands. You can also use your hands. Reserve the separated cooked squash and dip with a strainer into boiling water to reheat just before serving. (Personally I just cooked the squash when the sauce was about ready and didn't bother with the reheating)

Melt half the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add cream and reduce for about 2 minutes, then add garlic and cheese and whisk quickly, heating through. Stir in the rest of the butter and parsley. Place spaghetti squash in a large serving bowl, and pour alfredo sauce over  squash. Garnish with basil and tomatoes.

Yield:4 servings
don't have the carb count for this recipe

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2008, 12:47:05 PM »
I feel best when I eat low carb due to yeast/fungus. Anyway, something I find filling, good on the carbs & antifungal to boot is to saute a onion or 2 (sliced into half rings or chopped) in butter, add chopped garlic near the end & season to taste. Onions aren't totally low carb but since they are antifungal it works for me. I eat them instead of pasta, potatoes, etc. Surprisingly it's filling too. I serve it with meat & something green & I have a full plate withough bread, potatoes, etc. I's also easy to make no matter what else the rest are eating. If they are eating a main dish I can't eat I cook up a hamburger patty or something like that. HTH

Ok, Ladies, I need your help. It's about 4:30 PM here, and coming up on supper time. Here's the problem. I AM SO SICK OF SALAD AND CABBAGE!!!!

I really need ideas of something I can eat. I guess I should have prefaced all this by saying I'm trying to get my sugar cravings under control. I've been feeding the family, and fixing myself things on the side. I'm not being like super strict, but I am trying to "do good".

So, I have leftover chicken spaghetti that my neighbor brought over with leftover field peas. Both of these are off limits to me. If I take a bite of that chicken spaghetti, I'll eat the whole thing! I thought I'd fix some baked potatoes to go with it, for Mark & the girls.

If you were me, and you just wanted to eat and feel like you'd actually had dinner, AND stay full for more than 30 minutes, what would you cook?

Sorry about the rambling! I hate dieting! >:(

Thanks!
Emily :)

Offline snickerdoodle

• Master
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2008, 03:08:46 PM »
One of my favorite sweets looks like this:

1/4 cup pecan halves
1/4 cup plain whole yogurt
1/4 cup frozen blueberries (I use organic wild blueberries but any will do)
stevia to taste

6 grams protein
14 grams carbs
5 grams fiber

It's a little higher carb to protein count than I like, but it is so yummy when I'm craving a little something sweet.  It turns out being a bit like frozen yogurt.  You can also substitute the pecans for almonds for a higher protein - lower carb count... but I prefer the pecans.

Offline Gigi

• Master
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2008, 07:27:56 AM »
Have any of you ever tried these noodles?

Glucomannan Noodles or Shirataki Noodles

www.miraclenoodle.com

They are VERY low carb - for those of us who cannot have pasta, they are supposed to be a good replacement.  Supposedly they are not quite the same texture/flavor as pasta, but many folks really like them and they're good for you.

Bad things about these noodles:  1) terrible smell when you open them- they must be rinsed to get this stinky smell out  2) Can bind you up if you eat a bunch of them 3) Expensive!

I've never tried them, just curious if anyone else has . . .

Offline Gigi

• Master
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2008, 12:50:43 PM »
Anyone?

Offline mhoward1999

• Adept
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2008, 03:18:19 PM »
I have not tried them, and from what you posted, I don't have any plans to. LOL!  :P

Offline hodgy

• Adept
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2008, 02:00:35 AM »
I have tried the regular spaghetti and the fettucini shaped kind.   Not bad at all. :)   I don't have any rise in blood sugar with them.  I usually rinse and warm these up when my family is having the "real" kind.  I tried to feed them to my family once, but the texture is different enough that they noticed and protested.  I don't usually put tomato sauce on mine, I will usually put butter and parmesan cheese to keep it lower in carbs.  They kinda have a bouncy feel in your mouth :D.   Like you're not really sinking your teeth into them.  As far as the smell, I didn't think it was that bad, but I like seafood.  For the purpose of low carb dieting, I would recommend them.  HTH
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 04:40:32 AM by hodgy »

Offline Gigi

• Master
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2008, 05:50:51 AM »
Thank you, Hodgy!!!  I have been so curious about these noodles as I have read a lot about them on the Bernstein forum (a diabetes forum).  Most of the folks really like them and say that they are well worth paying for them, because they add a nice addition to the low carb way of eating.  Especially if you are someone who likes to experiment with sauces and such, and has a passion for pasta type foods.

I think you can also just buy the glucomannan powder that can be used as a thickening agent in foods too - some folks are making jellos, and thick "white" sauces with it - seems like an interesting product.

Did you order them from the miracle noodle site or somewhere else?

I thought I should bring them up here, since many folks seem to really miss pasta when they are low-carbing.

I think they are a great option for occasional pasta meals, and for broadening the options for low-carb thickeners when cooking.

Offline hodgy

• Adept
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2008, 07:19:16 AM »
Hey Gigi, I have bought mine at a couple of places.  First time I bought them at a HFS(Whole Foods), then I found some at Kroger(reg grocery).    I  need to check out the Bernstein forum, I didn't know there was one.  That is interesting about the glucomannan powder.  You've given me my next quest...glucomannan jello! ;)

Offline Gigi

• Master
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2008, 09:41:28 AM »
  I  need to check out the Bernstein forum, I didn't know there was one. 

Yes!  There is a ton of interesting recipes, news topics, etc. over there.  I am a lurker but I've learned a lot.

If you go there, search for "glucomannan" in the recipes thread and you'll discover at least one HUGE thread about the noodles and ways folks use them.

I didn't know you could get them at the health food stores, so I'm going to check that out next time I'm there! 

Offline hodgy

• Adept
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2008, 11:47:19 AM »
Just wanted to let you know they are in a very strange spot.  They are always in the open refigerator section.  At whole foods they were with the lunch meats and cheeses at the bottom of the case kinda stacked up.  At kroger they were in the natural food section.  Again they were stacked at the bottom of the open refigerator section under the organic milk and yogurts.  Good luck!  :)

Offline LoveSunflowers

• Master
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2008, 02:32:39 PM »
I just didn't my own version of HB's peanut butter mix. Peanut butter, flax seed, coconut oil and little carob powder. Yummy! I had finished the last of my yogurt so I needed something to get my coconut oil down.
Also, I loved having taco salad this week. I fried ground beef with onions and garlic and then added salt, cumin and some chilly powder. I served it over romaine lettuce, spinach and fresh cilantro. Topped it with some sharp cheddar cheese and cayenne pepper! Yum!
I've down low carb before to loose weight, not to kill yeast so I am trying to be more strict with myself for a month. I'm finding it to be much easier this time around.
I also made a great "stew". I threw some carrots, celery, onions, garlic and jalepenos in the crock pot with some water and salt around noon. Before we were ready to eat, around 6:00, I added a can of venison. It was so yummy. I didn't thicken it but served it over quinua for the rest of the family. Everyone loved it. I did too because it didn't mean to separate meals.