Author Topic: Children's Vitamins  (Read 34393 times)

Offline konk

• Learning
Children's Vitamins
« on: May 11, 2006, 05:16:15 AM »
What brand can anyone recommend for vitamins for children?  They eat pretty healthy and I've often given them just a multi-vi from a health food store but I'd like to give my daughters a better vitamin now that they're approaching maturity.  They seem too old for little kid vitamins and too young for adult ones. 

What supplements do you feel are important, especially for young adolescents?

Offline Helen

• Adept
    • personal blog
Re: Children's Vitamins
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 05:35:37 AM »
I give my son melaluca koala pals iron free multivitamin.  but you have to be signed up to get them.

Offline brandicarolina

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 02:20:03 AM »
Hi my name is Brandi and I have just joined.  I've already learned a lot!!  I have 5 children, one of which is a newborn, and I homeschool.  I'm looking for vitamins for my children.  Does anyone have any suggestions on a good all natual children's vitamin?

Thank you,

Offline abbilynn

• Master
    • Visit my blog!
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 03:28:27 AM »
We use "Body by God" children's vitamins.  You have to order them online, but they only cost $18.00 per bottle and it has alot in it.  They don't have any dyes, sugars, or bad stuff.  My kids love them!  They also have minerals that you can't find in other kids vitamins.  You can check it out at thebodybygod.com    Hope this helps ;D
Wife for 11 years, Mommy to 3 rambunctious boys!!  :)  Lover of Jesus, my hubby, my kids, and learning!
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://glutenfreegoose.blogspot.com/

Offline AgainstTheGrain

• Adept
  • John & Me
    • My Blog: For Such A Time As This
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 06:46:51 PM »
I have to second the Body by God Children's vitamins!! 
My 4 boys luv' em
Vanessa in Iowa
Mom to 5 boys and 1 baby girl ages Newborn to 12

Offline naelund

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 04:12:06 PM »
We use dino pals by free life. In addition to a balanced list of vitamins and minerals, they also have a fruit blend, a veggie blend and a superfood blend(green food). It's around $17.00 a bottle (including shipping). I'm waiting for the beeyoutiful version to come out though. I use the supermom vits for me and they're great! When I'm out of vits for the kids, I use the superfood blend by Garden of Life and put about half a scoop in their water with a bit of juice to sweeten it  up a bit. They love it and always ask for their superfood juice!

Offline CinCapri

• Adept
    • Knights and Maidens Gathering
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 07:07:40 PM »
For our little guys  (2yo - 7yo) we use Vita Squares by Neo Life.  A long time ago when my son was 2yo he couldn't even walk around the block without being totally worn out, often times we had to carry him. Then we started giving him Vita Squares and not only could he walk around the block he could "run" around the block. They are a whole foods vitamin and we've had amazing results with all there stuff.

For the older kiddos we use Formula IV and it keeps them fed as a multi and they focus better, have more sustained energy and get a great vitamin!

That's just our 2 cents :-)

~Cinnamon

Offline russiabear

• Learning
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 08:47:21 PM »
do you happen to know if the vits. from Body by God are whole foods or synthetic??  I looked on their website and couldn't really tell - except that the vit. A is from Cod liver oil, which is great.  $18 for a year supply is the cheapest I've ever seen!

I'm presently using Standard Process Cyrofood for my kids - they're whole food and I like them but they're a bit expensive.  I would also like to get something that has more fruit based nutrients in them - has anyone our there used Juice Plus??? I was thinking of trying them for a month.

thanks - this was very helpful information!  I had never heard of Neo Life

Offline abbilynn

• Master
    • Visit my blog!
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2006, 03:47:25 PM »
I would assume it's from whole foods.  If you've ever read Dr. Ben's book "The Body by God" he is all about NOTHING unatural.  So using synthetic would probably go totally against what he believes.  It's a great book, if you ever what to check it out.  Anyway, I've heard of Juice Plus and it seems great, but very expensive.  With three kids, I just couldn't afford it.  The vits from Body by God have alot of great stuff in them anyway.  You can email them and ask them about the whole foods thing and they will let you know.  Just go to "contact us" on their website.  I know they are GFCF b/c I did ask that.  Let me know what they say about your question. ;D
Wife for 11 years, Mommy to 3 rambunctious boys!!  :)  Lover of Jesus, my hubby, my kids, and learning!

Offline MomOf6Girls

• Learning
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2006, 05:15:15 PM »
We give our girls the Melaleuca Vita-Bears multi-vitamin.   They have a patented delivery system on them that gives up to a 90% absorption rate.   They taste good, too! 
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 03:05:41 PM by MomOf6Girls »
Todd's Help Meet and
Mom to Courtney, Casey, Christin, Carrie, Caylee, Carly, and Camryn (ages 2 months, 4, 6, 8, 10, 14, and 17)

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2006, 05:45:42 PM »
For our little guys  (2yo - 7yo) we use Vita Squares by Neo Life.  A long time ago when my son was 2yo he couldn't even walk around the block without being totally worn out, often times we had to carry him. Then we started giving him Vita Squares and not only could he walk around the block he could "run" around the block. They are a whole foods vitamin and we've had amazing results with all there stuff.

For the older kiddos we use Formula IV and it keeps them fed as a multi and they focus better, have more sustained energy and get a great vitamin!

That's just our 2 cents :-)

~Cinnamon

so where do you get either?  is the Formula IV from GNLD?  i have never tried it, but always wondered about it.  have you known any adults that use it?
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2006, 06:04:32 PM »
do you happen to know if the vits. from Body by God are whole foods or synthetic??  I looked on their website and couldn't really tell - except that the vit. A is from Cod liver oil, which is great.  $18 for a year supply is the cheapest I've ever seen!

here's a quote from their site--looks to me like they are all natural!!!  great stuff!

"Body By God Children’s Chewable’s were developed by our team of pediatricians, biochemists and a pharmacist with years of experience in this field.
We have challenged everyone to look in any drug store or health food store and try to find one that even comes close to Body By God’s Children’s Chewables. None can be found. All other children's multiples contain Vitamins A, C, D and a small amount of B Complex.
For all practical purposes, most all other chewable products available are made in a base of regular table sugar and flavored with synthetic substances so they will taste like candy. They are all loaded with different synthetic food coloring agents. (Studies have been done in several public school systems proving that the various food additives, including coloring agents, cause hyperkinetic children). These so called "nutritional products" usually gain their appeal by widespread intensive TV advertising, not because of their nutritional value.
Body By God Chewables is flavored with a blend of natural extracts from citrus, pineapple, grape and cherry. It is sweetened with fructose, a natural fruit sugar that does not stimulate the insulin response by the pancreas like regular table sugar. Body By God Chewables does not contain any artificial coloring, flavoring agents or preservatives. Natural Beta-Carotene, which is totally safe even in large amounts, is used as the source of Vitamin A. As in all Life Plus products, the Vitamin D found in our chewables is natural Vitamin D-3 from fish liver oil. Also included is oil soluble Vitamins E and Vitamin K.

Body By God is the only children's product that we have seen that contains all of the trace minerals, Manganese, Copper, Zinc, Iodine, Selenium, Molybdenum, Chromium and Vanadium, in addition to the two standard important minerals, Calcium and Magnesium."

http://www.bbgshopping.com/bbg-childrens.html

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline sarajane

• Adept
    • www.herbsareeasy.com
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2006, 04:25:23 AM »
I was wondering, when should a child start taking vitamins? As soon as they wean if they are old enough to chew it? Neveah is still nursing so I feel she gets plenty from me right now.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 04:51:36 AM by healthybratt »
Mommy to Neveah, 2 year old who lives with Jesus, Larissa 4, Gavin 2. Help meet to Jason for 9 years.

Offline ByHisGrace

• Learning
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2006, 02:24:50 AM »
Wal-Mart has a brand called Lil' Critters.  They are wonderful chewy bears.  They have a good multi-vit. with minerals. and a vit. C with echanacia (sp?).  About $5/ bottle. They are all nat. and are only colored with fruit.  Kirkmanlabs.com is another good resourse for vitamins.  They are natural, too, and espeically good for children with food sensitvites.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 02:28:27 AM by ByHisGrace »

Offline CinCapri

• Adept
    • Knights and Maidens Gathering
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2006, 07:13:12 PM »
so where do you get either?  is the Formula IV from GNLD?  i have never tried it, but always wondered about it.  have you known any adults that use it?
You can check out prices on line I suppose. Just type in GNLD, there are many distributors. Probably one right in your town.

For our family, they are awesome. They work everytime and with fantastic results. 

I use FIV (called Formula Four) for my multi and prenatal and as soon as my kids can swallow them, some as soon as 4 or 5  yrs old, I give them FIV. 

I became sold on using Formula IV when I was nursing my second son and I was not making enough milk. So my friend suggested I take FIV and WHAM! in came more than enough milk. I've been taking them ever since. My husband tried them but they didn't "work" for him. My friend said he needed more minerals so she gave him the Sports 30 pack and WHAM! he was a new man. More energy and the biggie was......."he" remembered to take the vitamins which had never happened before 'cause nothing ever made him feel better.

We became distributors long ago when I moved away from my friend who sold them so we could get the discount. We've never made a business of it but have used them for over 11 yrs with wonderful results.

~Cinnamon

Offline petrimama

• Master
    • My blog...
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2006, 04:13:38 AM »
So...I thought the Beeyoutiful child vitamin was due in August.  I still can't find it on the site, so I'm wondering if it's coming soon or if I should give up and find a different brand that I like?      ~L

Offline StephTallent

• Adept
    • Beeyoutiful
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2006, 07:10:18 AM »
So...I thought the Beeyoutiful child vitamin was due in August.   ~L

We should know better by now than to post optimistic predictions of when new products will be available.   ;) :D  Something or other invariably comes up and the process is always slower than what the more impatient of us would like.

The vitamin is still a work in progress.  We are now promising it's availability by Spring of next year but hoping and working hard to get it finished in time for Christmas!   ;D  Please pray that the process will be efficient enough to be completed by Christmas because I personally can't wait to see, taste and smell the finished product!  From the basic research I've done it is also going to be one of the very best kids vitamin currently available on the market today. 8)
Do not become so focused on where you are, and the destination you forget from whence you came. Concentrate not on what is to be attained so that you forget to extend encouragement, love and help to those behind.

Offline bendeleboysmama

• Adept
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2006, 09:31:48 AM »
So is it gonna be called "Superkid"?  I was telling my husband that if beeyoutiful called it that, us supermom's are gonna be in for it!  hee-hee...:)  i already have 2 very active (my husband says normal hee-hee)  boys...I love them with all of my heart...I'd still probably give them "superkid" hee-hee...;)

Offline Mom2four

• Adept
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2006, 05:23:17 AM »
We kind of use a variety of things - none of which are really a multi, except for the teenagers.  My little ones take Juice Plus for a whole food supp and they take a digestive enzyme and a fish oil.  My teens take those things, plus a multi from Arbonne International.

Offline petrimama

• Master
    • My blog...
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2006, 03:16:10 AM »
Has anyone heard of Nordic Naturals?  I just ordered them for the first time on the recommendation of my new pediatrician.           ~L

Offline lewisquiverfull

• Adept
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2006, 03:43:41 PM »
I tried to look up the Body By God vitamins, but keep getting an error message, anyone help me out here????

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2006, 03:45:01 PM »
I tried to look up the Body By God vitamins, but keep getting an error message, anyone help me out here????

http://www.thebodybygod.com/, but it appears their Vit & Supp page is down.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline lewisquiverfull

• Adept
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2006, 03:50:11 PM »
Thanks hb.
I'll try again tomorrow.

Offline herbs girl

• Master
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2006, 05:56:36 PM »
I just found a children's multivitamin on the internet,  called Mega-Kid by Irwin Naturals/ Nature's Secret and it even has spirulina in it.  What will the new SuperKid vitamin be like?? Will it have green superfoods in it??  I am really looking forward to trying it out on my kids.

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2006, 06:19:37 PM »
The reg. powders from All One www.all-one.com can be used in smaller amounts for children & they just came out w/a children's formula. These are powders w/no fillers & no sugar or artificial sweeteners that you mix into drinks. HTH~herbalmom

Nickole

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2006, 01:50:12 AM »
I can't seem to find where I can buy that Body By God children's vitamin  ??? ??? ??? ??? Tried all kinds of googlin'!  Also what does GNLD stand for??? 

Thanks!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2006, 06:27:52 AM »
I can't seem to find where I can buy that Body By God children's vitamin  ??? ??? ??? ??? Tried all kinds of googlin'!  Also what does GNLD stand for??? 

Thanks!
When you Google, put Body by God in quotes--"Body by God" vitamins.  Here's at least one link.

http://www.chirolife.com/index.php?file=nutritional_supplements.html
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline abbilynn

• Master
    • Visit my blog!
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2006, 06:59:21 AM »
try thebodybygod.com and look under supplements.  ;D

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2006, 07:04:29 AM »

Thanks!

i have no idea what GNLD stands for.  we tried the kids vitamins years ago and they were so gross!  my kids vetoed the advocare ones also. 

Nickole

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2006, 10:49:08 AM »

Thanks!
When you Google, put Body by God in quotes--"Body by God" vitamins.  Here's at least one link.

http://www.chirolife.com/index.php?file=nutritional_supplements.html

I did that but got nothing!  Nowhere to buy anyway.  That link is to a chiropractor who has them available at his office in Michigan.  No help for me in NC!  I'll keep trying.