Author Topic: Fighting Candida w/o Sugar [Carb] Restrictions  (Read 18940 times)

Offline jjswan

• Learning
Fighting Candida w/o Sugar [Carb] Restrictions
« on: August 17, 2006, 11:17:50 AM »
you are still eating yeasty type foods?
I plan to start changing the way we eat by trying to elminate sugar, white flour, etc.  but it's going to take awhile to make the change.
So will taking Yeast Assassin still help if we're still eating those bad kinds of foods?

I'm so overwhelmed.  I used to think we ate fairly healthily.  I cook from scratch most all the time.  But we eat alot of potaotes, white pasta, white rice, etc.

Also...once you get rid of the yeast growing in you.....is it bad to eat even a little bit?

I'm still so confused on alot of things.
Jaci

Offline MQM

• Adept
Re: Fighting Candida w/o Sugar [Carb] Restrictions
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 02:51:09 AM »
Also...once you get rid of the yeast growing in you.....is it bad to eat even a little bit?

I was wondering this, as well.  We generally use honey for sweetener and in baking, but on occasion we do consume sugar, although I have had no white sugar in my home for a long time. 

Does moderation count for anything? ;D

Has this been answered in another thread? (I'm tired of searching, because I get too distracted reading everything else while I can't find what I started out looking for. Yes, I'll search out ADHD next. ;D  ... Shoot me!)

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 06:39:43 PM »

I was wondering this, as well.  We generally use honey for sweetener and in baking, but on occasion we do consume sugar, although I have had no white sugar in my home for a long time. 

Does moderation count for anything? ;D

Has this been answered in another thread? (I'm tired of searching, because I get too distracted reading everything else while I can't find what I started out looking for. Yes, I'll search out ADHD next. ;D  ... Shoot me!)

it's ok, MQM you are not alone!   ;D  me too!   ::) 
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline SteveTallent

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 10:16:40 AM »
For many, yeast overgrowth is a constant problem and dealing with it is a war. So let's look at this as a war. On the one side you've got the army of yeast, and on the other the good intestinal bacteria. If you've got a tremendous yeast overgrowth, that means lots of troops amassed on one side, and a few lonely holdouts on the other side. Additional yeast coming down the pipe doesn't affect anything because the ranks are full. There is no more room for them to put down roots, and no food for them to eat. Probiotics coming into the fray also are denied food or place to setup as the yeast are pillaging everything. So initially, the reinforcements getting sent down are pretty much cannon fodder in this war. (They do benefit the body by breaking down food, etc., so sometimes the effects felt are immediate and very wonderful, but they are not lasting, because they are not rooted and just pass out.)

Yeast Assassin is the secret weapon, coming in and napalming a bunch of yeast. Acidophilus comes in and inhibits reproduction and finally we are taking back some ground in this war. Follow it up with a good multistrain probiotic blend, and a foothold is gained. There will be additional troops coming in from both sides. Send more yeast down and the battle is prolonged. Send sugar down and you are primarily feeding the yeast. Keep sending down the Yeast Assassin, and the yeast are pushed back millimeter by millimeter. Keep sending down the acidophilus and they have a harder time counter attacking. Keep sending down the multistrain probiotics, and that captured ground is fortified and put to good use.

It is a war. Overthrowing the opportunistic government of the gut and restoring the rightful rulers is a long process. Figure 6-12 months of battle. Strict diet and use of the proper tools can shorten the time, and the opposite is also true. Sugars (including fruits) and yeast, and not using anti-yeast supplements and probiotics will also prolong the battle, and perhaps reverse any progress made. Antibiotics will almost assuredly cause reverses. They kill indiscriminately and with our diets, yeast repopulates the fastest. Figure 6 months to fight back the yeast and repopulate the gut after a course of antibiotics. (Also know that the immune system is especially weak right after a course of antibiotics and a regular regimen of bee propolis, vitamin C and a good multi will fight away a lot of potential problems.) This will restore order in the body, the immune system will be strong (it is amazing how much or our immunity is based in our gut), many hormone imbalances will be corrected, and all sorts of yeast related symptoms will disappear along the way. As they disappear, just remember that you're not done. You're recovering ground that was lost, some of it many, many years ago, but keep up the good fight and pursue it to the end. You will never kill off all the yeast. A small amount is normal and good. It just tends to get our of hand with our American diets and the oft uses of antibiotics.

Once you have restored order, just about anything can be eaten, in moderation. Wheat bread is great. Deserts are fine. Fresh fruits are yummy and good for you. Adding fermented foods to the diet as regular fare will help to maintain the health of your gut, and from there, your whole body. I use the book "The Yeast Syndrome" for much of my info, but we are also starting to get into "Nourishing Traditions". Both are quite good.

Oh and just a note. I used to struggle with sinus infections regularly - several times a year I'd be on antibiotic. I learned about this antibiotic/yeast/probiotic stuff about 10 years ago. I still have to battle sometimes, but I haven't been on antibiotic in 10 years, I get sick rarely, and it is much less severe and of shorter duration than in times past. Vitamin C, propolis, and saline solution will knock out a sinus infection in me before it really gets going. 
Any health info, or dosage recommendations are strictly my opinion and are not to be construed as the opinion or recommendation of Beeyoutiful.com unless otherwise stated.

Offline DawnsEarlyBirds

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 02:30:34 PM »
Very good, very helpful, very encouraging.  Thanks!!

Offline ~esposita~

• Master
    • Family Fotos
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 03:21:43 PM »
Very good, very helpful, very encouraging.  Thanks!!

Amen! 

My only problems are (1) I'm nursing, and (2) Fresh fruits....*sigh*
My attempt at blogging:  The Carpenter's Wife

Offline Christal

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 03:30:58 AM »
We eat oatmeal maybe 3 times a week for breakfast and whole wheat bread everyday for lunch.  My wheat bread is homemade from hard white wheat I grind myself and I use 1.5 T of honey pure loaf.  It is sourdough that I made from my own starter of just water and the wheat.  I don't use sugar at all anymore and wouldn't have a problem putting fruit and potatoes aside for a while but the bread.  :o 

I like veggies for the evening meal but like quick meals at lunch.  Sandwiches and toast are quick and filling.  I have little to spend on groceries so we use are own homecanned veggies.  Green beans, peas, carrots, white and sweet potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, summer squash, tomatoes, cabbage.  We also eat only deer, squirrel, rabbit, wild turkey, home grown chickens and eggs, and fresh water stream fish. 

Any ideas on how to replace my bread for awhile without buying groceries and getting bored or overwhelmed on meal prep?
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through Me."  John 14v6

Offline ~esposita~

• Master
    • Family Fotos
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 06:14:59 AM »
Any ideas on how to replace my bread for awhile without buying groceries and getting bored or overwhelmed on meal prep?

You could make "bread-less sandwiches" aka salads  ;D
My attempt at blogging:  The Carpenter's Wife

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2006, 06:44:50 AM »

Whole wheat tortillas have way less yeast food than bread.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Christal

• Adept
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2006, 11:14:40 AM »

Whole wheat tortillas have way less yeast food than bread.

Do you know of a good recipe to make these myself?  I tried some in the past but the didn't have a good texture, very heavy and chewy.
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through Me."  John 14v6

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2006, 11:20:10 AM »
Do you know of a good recipe to make these myself?  I tried some in the past but the didn't have a good texture, very heavy and chewy.

Homemade Tortillas

I've made this recipe with white and wheat flour.  Works well for both and the kids like them as well as the store bought.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 11:09:45 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline its_me518

• Adept
  • Check out GenuineAid.com for Natural Health info.
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2007, 08:47:07 AM »
Hi everyone! I was hoping to get some feedback. Has anyone gotten rid of candida without doing the sugar/yeast/carb free diet, but just by using Yeast Assasin and Tummy Tune Up? Did it work? How long did it take? What dosage were you doing? Please let me know of your expericences. Thanks a lot!!
http://www.GenuineAid.com is the Natural Health Blog for Nutrients and Benefits of Fruits, Vegetables, Berries, Nuts, Meats, Dairy, Herbs, and other Foods.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2007, 09:37:40 AM »
My husband tried it for several months.  He ate his usual allotment of candy and such.  He didn't begin to show any improvement until he went sugar free for two weeks.  He was highly disappointed. :-\
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline its_me518

• Adept
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2007, 12:27:35 PM »
Hi HB! (me again  ;D) So is that all he stopped was sugar? And did it work? Anyone else tried it without the diet?
http://www.GenuineAid.com is the Natural Health Blog for Nutrients and Benefits of Fruits, Vegetables, Berries, Nuts, Meats, Dairy, Herbs, and other Foods.

Offline MommabyHisgrace

• Adept
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2007, 05:51:23 PM »
My dd has been fighting candida for a long time now and we are trying Artemisia Combination--it is a blend that has wormwood in it--Nature Sunshine is the brand.  She takes 1 capsule at each meal and then an acidophillus at bedtime.  Most of her sugar intake is honey and fruit and I just could not see putting her on the candida diet unless this doesn't work.  She's to do this for 3 weeks then off for 1 week and then finish the bottle.  So far I have seen a great improvement.  But I will keep posting as to whether she truly gets rid of it altogether. 

Offline MommabyHisgrace

• Adept
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2007, 03:34:54 AM »
giving up my bowl of ice cream at night is hard enough. :)
[/quote]

Amen to that!!!! :D  I have had yeast problems all of my life and have just figured it out.  But looks like I could be pregnant or nursing for quite a while--might try the pregnancy yeast kit and see if that helps--just waiting to get up the moula! :)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2007, 04:48:15 AM »
Hi HB! (me again  ;D) So is that all he stopped was sugar? And did it work? Anyone else tried it without the diet?
He was taking yeast assassin & tummy tuneup the whole time.  then he stopped the sugar and the supplements began to do their job.  you don't have to use these types of supplements, but as you will read in the link i gave you earlier, you will need some sort of probiotic to ensure the yeast doesn't return once you kill it.  otherwise, you'll just keep having to kill it over and over and over again.  there are several links about using diet and non-pill supplements to kill yeast.  there is a thread that gives you ideas of what to eat while abstaining from sugar.  he hasn't won his battle against yeast, but he's not nearly as consistent as I was during treatment.  it's been a real struggle for him.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline morningglory

• Adept
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2007, 01:49:04 PM »
I began taking garlic for a cold last week:  first time I've tried it on myself.  I ate 3 or 4 cloves with honey 3 times a day.  I didn't have any refined sugar, but I ate honey and fruit.  By the second day I was having die-off symptoms.  I got a very fungus-y looking rash on my elbows; I've gotten it many times before.  The doctor had told me it was a form of psoriasis and prescribed me a steroid cream that only partially works.  After one appplication of GOOT, it started to go away.  I'm convinced that it is a yeast manifestation. 
We just started my 19 mo. old son on Three-Lac and Oxygen Elements in order to treat for yeast.  His symptoms are worsening eczema and chronic yeast diaper rash.  The instructions say to give him no more than 30-40 grams of refined sugar while we're treating him, but that fruit is okay.  i just couldn't see putting him on a low-carb diet at his age.  He's growing rapidly and needs to eat.  I'll let you all know how he does.  I'm on a tight budget right now, so the only probiotics he's getting besides the Three-Lac are from yogurt and kombucha.  As soon as we can afford it, I want to get him some Tummy Tuneup to help maintain when we're done treating for yeast.

Offline its_me518

• Adept
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2007, 09:11:39 AM »
Thanks to everyone who has replied! My hopes have been risen with what I have read. We are trying to cure my husband from candida, but without the diet. He is taking Yeast Assasin & Tummy Tune up and eating about 7 cloves of garlic per day Should he be eating more?. He is also trying to eat organic plain yogurt. Its only been about 4 days. I can't say that I see a big difference... But I know this takes a while, so we'll keep trying... We can't afford to go only meat & veggies... plus, I don't think thats too healthy either... We are trying to eat more buckwheat not more, just instead of our usual carbs, veggies, no potatoes, less rice... that sort of thing.... I pray this will work. I will keep updating as soon as I see changes!!

I was also wondering, is there a limit to how long one should take the Yeast Assasin? Is there any danger in taking it for too long? What is too long?
Please keep posting your experiences!! Thanks so much!!

Offline its_me518

• Adept
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2007, 12:36:07 PM »
Ok. I have been doing a lot of research today on sarsaparilla. It seems to be a major yeast killer. Now I'm wondering, has anyone else used it to get rid of yeast? Is it ok to use in conjunction with Yeast Assasin & Tummy Tune Up? It's not recommended for a long time use, but what is a long time? How long is too long?
Any one have any experiences? I'd love to hear. I'll be waiting... thanx! ;)

Offline its_me518

• Adept
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2007, 02:02:59 PM »
Experienced die off using sarsaparilla. Still ate wheat/sugar. 

MoreThan Alive has info on it:
http://www.morethanalive.com/SRC

I have also used Now brand acidophillus & candida clear with no reaction.

Hi. I was wondering, how did you take the sarsaparilla? Capsules, tincture, tea, what? And for how long?

Offline DoubleGlick

• Learning
    • DoubleGlick
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2007, 04:30:55 PM »
Has anyone tried Candex to get rid of yeast? Is it safe to use during pregnancy? I have seen it cheaper, but here's the main link: http://www.inspiredliving.com/candida-candex.htm
Thanks!

Offline NotLuckyButBlessed

• Adept
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2007, 06:21:29 PM »

I haven't ever struggled with candida myself. But my friend totally raised her family with diet restrictions due to allergies in herself and a couple of her boys. Now that they are all raised, she and her hubby found a retired chiropractor who knows alot about yeast. They did what he said for her and her one son who tested positive for yeast (he did a test to see who had a candida problem and those are who were treated). Now they eat whatever they want and don't struggle with yeast or allergies at all.

I am going myself to see him when he can see me and am going to see if i have a yeast overgrowth. I don't have any classic symptoms but, since i had a horrid pregnancy again and am now at least 20 pounds overweight, I am wondering as I have read that if you are overweight you probably do have it. Though I am not sure if you gained b/c of pregnancy. When I go I will find out every detail.

However, I know for a fact that he first treated for leaky gut.Apparently many or all people with yeast probs also have leaky gut which is why you have to pretty much live forever n a candida diet if you don't take care of it.

He had them buy Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera GEL (not juice -- though I am not sure brand matters as long as you are buying a good quality one). They drank 1/2 cup first thing upon awakening and last thing at night. The idea was to have it be sitting in the gut, uninterrupted by food, as long as possible.

Sounds gross. It isn't super yummy but we have done it and it was best mixed with some OJ concentrate then eaten with a spoon. Try to pretend it is pudding.

Anyway, then he gave them some kind of quick, easy and inexpensive yeast treatment but I don't know which one it was yet. Will try to reember to post here if I find out. But I thought the alor vera regime was interesting anyway.
View my blog at www.ButIHadATiara.blogspot.com
(private, request an invite by messaging me:)

"Sometimes we fear that fighting for what is right will kill us. Then it occurs to us that to stand by and do nothing out of self-preservation is to be dead already". ~ Beth Moore

Mom to treasured XXXXYX

kaira

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2007, 06:40:44 AM »
Okay -
This is my 3rd attempt at kicking candida.  I have not been too successful to date - meaning totally unsuccessful at sticking to my plan.  Does anyone have an idea of how to clear candida without using supplements.  It seems logical that our bodies can heal without purchasing stuff to heal it.  Today I have only drank water so far.  I know I can't have yeast or sugar for a period of time but how long?  How do I know when I have fixed it?  I have attempted the MC but I failed at that and I don't really want to spend the money on all that again only to fail.  What, if anything, can one eat to cure candida without using supplements?  What time frame am I looking at?  What about when it is cleared up... what do I do then?  Also, does anyone know what is the purpose of each of the ingredients in the MC?  I can incorporate them to a degree if there are no other options but I am wondering about a process here.  Lists of acceptable foods would be very helpful ;)  Thanks.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2007, 07:08:33 AM »
  My favorite herb book!!

kaira

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2007, 07:23:04 AM »
hmmm,  :-[ :-[ :-[  you are so smart, HB :-[ :-[ :-[  Oh, I hope those aren't big threads ;)

Offline Syrena

• Learning
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2007, 03:38:53 AM »

Well, I've ordered The Yeast Connection, The Maker's Diet, Eat Fat Lose Fat and Nourishing Traditions and I've read half of them and browsed the rest. After absorbing all this information I've come to the conclusion that being on an anti-yeast diet, at this current time, is impossible for me, given my job. I'm am forced to eat in a facility where all foods are pre-packaged before preparation (Chow Hall). The food there is basically greasy-sugary-atrocious. Also, groceries sold over here are mostly processed foods. There are very little organic foods where I live.

Here's my question... Is there anything I can do, for the next several months, to prepare for eliminating yeast, without being on the anti-yeast diet? There are a few things I can cut out of my diet but not everything. Should I take supplements at this time despite not being on the diet, or would that be futile/a waste of money?

I definitely need to do something, and soon as I had a major attack last night and was extremely sick (after being at an Army function eating more bad foods). I wish I could start this entire diet NOW. It is very frustrating being in this situation. Does anyone have any advice for soothing candida symptoms without the diet?  :'(

Many thanks for any help on this...

~Syrena

Offline dara

• Master
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2007, 03:45:14 AM »
I have brothers in the Army who can't eat as healthy as they would like too. Not really knowing what they serve, I just encouraged them to avoid as much sugar as possible, and eat as many fruits and veggies as they can get. If you can limit the carbs in your meals (?) to one third or less, that may help reduce sugars as well. I imagine that suppliments would still help- your body needs all the support it can get!

Hopefully someone who knows more can contribute as well.

Best wishes, and thank you for serving!
"Write your hurts in the sand
and grave your blessings in stone."

Offline Syrena

• Learning
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2007, 02:35:22 PM »
I have brothers in the Army who can't eat as healthy as they would like too. Not really knowing what they serve, I just encouraged them to avoid as much sugar as possible, and eat as many fruits and veggies as they can get. If you can limit the carbs in your meals (?) to one third or less, that may help reduce sugars as well. I imagine that suppliments would still help- your body needs all the support it can get!

Hopefully someone who knows more can contribute as well.

Best wishes, and thank you for serving!

Thanks.  :) Your words are encouraging. I am going to try to cut out some foods though sometimes eating them will be unavoidable (unfortunately). I can't wait until I have some time off so I can really start killing off the yeast...

~Syrena

Offline daisey

• Master
  • Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2007, 03:16:25 PM »
Syrena
thanks for serving our country.   I have a son in the army so I totally understand about the food.   Where are you (if you can tell us?)   Sorry I'm not much help with your diet but I will be praying for you.
Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side