Author Topic: supermoms verses NOW special two brand  (Read 7349 times)

Offline twitterpated4hubby

• Adept
supermoms verses NOW special two brand
« on: October 09, 2008, 08:53:55 AM »
I heard that NOW special two vitamins are the exact same as SUPERMOM vitamins. Is this true? I actually started getting the NOW brand at my health food store because they cost less but i am wondering if they really are the same. I don't have a supermom bottle to check for the ingredients so i cant compare the two. Does anyone else know? This person who told me says they are the EXACT same thing. I do have to agree that they look the same.
http://keepyourcloveson.blogspot.com/2008_10_01_archive.html

"...I found the one my heart loves. I held him and would not let him go..." -Song of Songs 3:4

Offline homeschooling madre

• Adept
Re: supermoms verses NOW special two brand
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 09:34:07 AM »
Click on this link and start with reply #12:  http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,421.0.html

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 11:31:48 AM »
Thank you so much.  searched and didnt find this. Thanks. Im so excited. ;D

"...I found the one my heart loves. I held him and would not let him go..." -Song of Songs 3:4

Offline Ruby

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 03:51:01 AM »
I'm a little disappointed to find out they are the same.  I scrimped and save to buy the Beeyoutiful products thinking they were better.  I think about the money I could've saved.  I want to support a good family, but our family struggles and I'm disappointed their products cost so much more even though I understand their reasoning behind it.

Offline hi_itsgwen

• Master
    • Gwen's Nest
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 06:41:39 AM »
how about doing backflips that you don't have to pay so much now? :)  I just vote with my dollars on the site that gives me the best deal on the best product. 

Thanks so much to chrissyjoy for all of the great frugal sleuthing on her post.  I'm passing the info along to friends and family members.  ;D

Come see me at www.gwens-nest.com
♥ Check out our family favorite recipes, funny kid stories, natural remedies and other creative and fun stuff.

Offline lotsagirls

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 06:58:50 AM »
If you want your NOW products fast, buy them here...

http://www.allstarhealth.com/li_b/NOW.htm

I ordered on a Friday and received them Monday.

The only product that I noticed was different was the liquid Cal/Mag.   Beeyoutiful's Bone Ami is WAY better tasting!
Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.  Psalm 127:3

Offline StephTallent

• Adept
    • Beeyoutiful
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 08:54:50 AM »
I'm a little disappointed to find out they are the same.  I scrimped and save to buy the Beeyoutiful products thinking they were better.  I think about the money I could've saved.  I want to support a good family, but our family struggles and I'm disappointed their products cost so much more even though I understand their reasoning behind it.

So sorry that you are disappointed.  :(  I would like to point out that the reason that you are disappointed, the reason that we have been villainized, and/or cast in a poor light by many on this site, is because we have been exceedingly open and honest with our full disclosure policies about who manufactures our products and exactly what is in them.  Most of the time, with most companies you just don't know, and not knowing, you can't be disappointed.  It's just pretty ironic, that reason so many are disappointed and upset at us as a company, is because we told the truth, on a public forum, accessible by every search engine out there on the Internet. 

It has never been Beeyoutiful's intention as a business to run a slash rate, bargain bin, discount internet store.  If that was what we wanted to do we could.  There would be no catalogs.  There would be no informational articles.  There would be no 100% satisfaction guarantee, and there would be little to no customer service.  Also our staff would be minimum wage employees barely able to feed and support THEIR families.  This is not how we have chosen to run our business and as a result our overhead is higher.  We are not making a fortune off of this business.  We are pretty much just paying bills and using extra to add new products.  We have chosen to operate our business differently, offering services and staff that a discount site cannot afford. 

We do not begrudge, or resent anyone who chooses to spend their money with these other businesses. We don't try to make them feel bad for doing so.  But we do have a problem when folks insinuate that we charge more than we need to, or more than fair price/fair market value for the products.

We greatly appreciate those who are able to be understanding and appreciate the services we provide, even if they choose not to partake of them, and to those that choose to give us their business.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 08:58:27 AM by StephTallent »
Do not become so focused on where you are, and the destination you forget from whence you came. Concentrate not on what is to be attained so that you forget to extend encouragement, love and help to those behind.

Offline amazonmama2five

• Adept
    • Amazonmamasadventures
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 10:25:55 AM »
VERY graciously and well said, Steph!

We appreciate all you do and have done towards enlightening and informing us!  I, for one, am really thankful to be able to come here and learn and then go WHEREVER and buy my products.  I do use Beeyoutiful and a mixture of other places together! 

Thank you!
He is no fool that gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.~Jim Elliot
My Intro
Visit our site!

• Adept
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 11:24:08 AM »
I for one am buying the NOW brand right now because i cant afford anything else and supermoms are what have kept me going for a LONG time.

I still love beeyoutiful though and will continue to buy things when money gets better. DH works two jobs and i was getting really scared that we wouldn't be able to take good vitamins anymore so this has been a blessing finding out that i still can get us the good stuff. I still gotta have my miracle salve and love the honey face wash soaps and lots of other things. Just so ya know....we aren't tossing your catalog in the trash. I still LOVE you guys and your products and if i had the extra cash i would still be spending it with y'all just to support a good christian family. ;)

Offline Ruby

• Adept
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 02:07:50 PM »
I'm not upset with the company and I'll still buy from Beeyoutiful when I can as I appreciate their honestly, I really do.  I like the catalogs and information they pass on so I'll continue to support that as I'm able.  I just wish I'd known they were the same at times when we were really struggling to buy the herbs we needed.  That's all.  I'm sorry I didn't word things right and if I've caused any hurt feelings.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 08:36:30 AM »
I heard that NOW special two vitamins are the exact same as SUPERMOM vitamins. Is this true? I actually started getting the NOW brand at my health food store because they cost less but i am wondering if they really are the same. I don't have a supermom bottle to check for the ingredients so i cant compare the two. Does anyone else know? This person who told me says they are the EXACT same thing. I do have to agree that they look the same.
You can view the ingredients of both online.

Beeyoutiful.com & iHerb.com carrys the NOW brand.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 08:43:28 AM »
WTM encourages reviews of products, comparisons of prices and reporting on what you've learned; however, we do not encourage personal attacks on any one individual or even a company as a whole.

If you have had a bad experience in dealing with a company (ie, refunds were not made, information was not disclosed, your product was damaged or caused a problem, etc), please share and allow others to make their own judgments and conclusions based on the information presented. 

Keep in mind, NOW has a suggested retail price listed on their own website to use as a guide for retailers.  Retailers depending on their overhead, the amount of product moved and other such expenses now have a guideline between cost and suggested retail to work within to keep their products at a competitive price and still make a profit ($$ to live on).  This is good business practice and the nice thing about Capitalism is that you as the customer have the right to choose not to buy from them for whatever reason you can come up with whether it be fictional or fact.  It's also your responsibility as a consumer to know what you're buying before you spend the money. 

Beeyoutiful.com (as any other company would) attempts to provide a product in exchange for a price that covers their costs and expenses.

As an added note, Beeyoutiful is not the only company who retails and relabels some NOW products.  They are probably only one of the few who didn't mind telling you that they do.  ;)

« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 08:56:29 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2008, 08:51:34 AM »
Good research comes in handy when trying to budget.
  My favorite herb book!!