† † † † † † †

Author Topic: Anti-Candida Diets...Daily Log for Encouragement  (Read 267654 times)

Offline Jemima

• Adept
Re: Anti-Candida Diets...Daily Log for Encouragement
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2008, 01:13:44 PM »
Thanks for the encouraging words, InEverything!! And Yooper! Sourdough would be a good thing to look into... I love trying new things.  Wonder if Nourishing Traditions talks about it?

Yeah, your baby boy sounds like he's flourishing, Yooper! :) My girl is about 15 or so.  They're such sweeties at this age!! (Well, maybe all ages!)

If I go dairy-free, I'll let you know how it goes!

:-*

YoopreMama

« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2008, 03:50:21 PM »
Jemima...we liked sour dough bread...mmm...a LONG time ago.  :D  Yeah, babies are darling at this age...so charming with their shrieks and cooing and cuddles and delight in simple things...and those cheeks...so smooth!  Did I really have skin like a baby at one point in life?!

I think being GF for almost a year and a half has really helping me along w/ this thing.  I think I'm going to try some dessert teas for some forgotten flavors (chocolate, caramel, fruit, etc.)...I also found a Chocolate Decadence recipe in my Mom's low carb cookbook yesterday.  Very intriguing.   :D  Not sure how game [desperate] I am but...here's the original recipe:

16 oz bittersweet chocolate square (or unsweetened baking chocolate and double the sweeteners)
2 packets Sweet and Low (yuck)
1 packet Equal (double yuck)
1 T. powdered Greek coffee (or instant)
1/2 lb. butter, unsalted
8 eggs

Essentially, you melt the chocolate, butter and coffee...separate the eggs, beat in the yolks and then whip the whites.  Fold in, pour in loaf pan and freeze.  Slice thin and serve w/ whipped cream.

Hmmm.... ::)

AM25, where are you?  Hope you and Jenny are doing well...How was your 1st day, Dixie?  4myhoonie--you doing OK?  You like that Dr. Schulze stuff, 'eh?  ;)

Good night.   :)

Offline InEverything

• Adept
« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2008, 06:17:09 PM »
Just reading this on garlic....interesting!

At lower doses, garlic does not kill invaders but simply stops their multiplication, affording the body an opportunity to marshal its own defences. Garlic is the only antibiotic, which at the same time as fighting microbial invaders, also protects the body against poisons produced by infection. (Stephen Fulder, PhD, Garlic: Nature’s Original Remedy, Healing Arts Press, 1991)

Garlic is a unique antibiotic because it also nourishes beneficial bacteria, since oligosaccharides found in foods such as garlic and onions are prebiotics which selectively stimulate the growth activities of both good lactobacilli, Acidophilus and Bifidobacteria, in the colon, thereby improving health (Gibson G, et al, Aspects of Health and Disease Involving the Human Colonic Microbiotica, Summary Report of a First Plenary Meeting on Functional Food Science in Europe, Intl Life Sci Inst, 2-4 Apr, 1996); (Macfarlane G, Cummings J, BMJ, 318(999), 1999); (Roberfroid M, Am J Clin Nutr, 71(6), 2000).

I like the part about "marshal its own defenses"  I believe my body can fight this with a little help.
Garlic also stablilizes blood sugars! YEAH! :) :) :)
One website said Garlic was the number one superfood to combat candida.  I have just been dicing one garlic clove per day and taking with water...how about you?  I have heard that nursing babies love the taste of garlic.

Are you using apple cider vinegar?  I had to stop the kombucha because the sugars were affecting me, even after brewing for fifteen + days.
"in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thes. 5:18

Offline mommie

• Master
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2008, 06:51:29 PM »
I've been taking 2 garlic tabs one or two times a day and than trying to eat 2-3 cloves of freshly minced garlic in my brown rice/salsa/or something of that nature that I can get it down in. That was good to read that it helps the good stuff. Cuase I always ead it kills everything, therefore I was taking garlic at separate times than my probiotics. That is interesting. i would like ot do a little more study on that. Thanks for the info!

Offline Dixiemom

• Adept
« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2008, 03:28:36 AM »
Good morning!

I am really missing sugar and bread.  I am drinking coffee with a splash of milk.  I am not ready to give milk up yet, but I am cutting back a lot on my dairy anyway.  I woke up with a headache this morning--die off??  I have been waking up with headaches anyway, so I am still hoping that in the long run, these changes are going to help.  We'll see.

I wasn't able to make my yummy salad yesterday because the chicken was frozen.  I put it in the fridge, but it is still frozen this morning. . . I may have to wait until tomorrow to start having good salads.  Something to look forward to.  8)

I hope that you all have a great day!!!

Offline amazonmama2five

• Adept
    • Amazonmamasadventures
« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2008, 06:02:52 AM »
Hey Guys!
I am doing well over all, Praise the LORD.  I was AWOL for a few days because we were at the hospital.  My FIL was admitted with a urinary tract infection and pneumonia.....  :'(  He has been discharged now and we are all "helping" him keep to a better diet!  ;) :) 
I lost a total of 4#'s in the first week!  Yehaw!  I am hoping for some very steady loss over the next few weeks.
I am running out of supplements!  I really hope that the yeast is dying and will continue w/o all the supps.
Hopefully my life will be on an even keel for a few days and I can report more often.............  ;)
Have a great day!

He is no fool that gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.~Jim Elliot
My Intro
Visit our site!

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2008, 06:19:03 AM »
Hey everybody, I just remembered a recipe that Melie AKA 'hhmom' posted before that would be a great way of taking garlic daily. It calls for straining out the vinegar after it steeps but I figure if you keep it in the fridge you wouldn't need to strain it & it would be usuable immed w/out steeping if you needed to. Just thought this might help for everyone taking garlic daily.

Blessings ~herbalmom

I know this thread is about roasting garlic but my kids love garlic in a different form.  I started making garlic vinegar.

You soak 4 bulbs of garlic in Apple Cider vinegar for 2 weeks then blend it as smooth as you can and strain it.  It lasts for years in the fridge.  We've gone through 2 batches this year and we've had several colds start to come on in different family members but no one has passed a cold on and no one has been very sick or sick for more than 3 days.  That is simply amazing for us.  Usually we just pass things around all winter.  It's been a nice change.

I would like to make this but I have a couple of questions. Is it 4 bulbs or 4 cloves? How much vinegar? Do you chop the garlic at all before steeping? Does the garlic soften at all while it's steeping? If it doesn't soften, I wonder if it could be blended first, steeped for a few days, blended again & then strained? Or if you don't chop it at all maybe it could be finely chopped, steeped for a shorter time, blended & then strained? What do you think? I bet my crew would take it even unstrained. OK, so that was more than a few question. ::) I would say that I'm just thinking out loud but of course I'm typing instead. ;D Since apple cider vinegar & garlic are both anti-fungal, this would be great for yeast/fungus. Thanks for taking the time to answer. You should post this on the thread about how do you take garlic. Blessings ~herbalmom
Hi Herbalmom,
Here is the recipe, it is from the book Herbs for Health and Healing by Kathi Keville - GREAT BOOK!

Garlic Vinegar:
4 garlic heads, divided into individual cloves (I don't peel them)
1 Pint Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tbs Honey or glycerin (I leave this out)

Using a blender, (my Vitamix works GREAT!), blend the unpeeled garlic cloves and vinegar thoroughly.  Transfer the mixture to a covered container and let sit at room temperature for at least 2 weeks.  Strain and discard the garlic.  if you wish to sweeten the vinegar, add honey, glycerin or the sweetener of your choice.  (Remember that honey should not be given to children under 2 yrs old).  To treat parasites for a 50 lb child, give at least 3 tsp daily.  You can also use this formula now and then as a preventative measure.  This versatile preparation is good to have around to treat many different conditions.  Stored in a cool place, it will keep for many years."

Here's a funny thing.  I mentioned my kids like it.  My husband takes it alot but kind of gags on it.  He had a sinus infection today and I made him something I found on WTM.  6oz warm H2O, Garlic steeped 10 min, some ACV, Honey and Cayenne.  He took it and asked for more!!!  He liked it.  I am now positive that most people must be able to acquire a taste for it.  I just don't know when I will be desperate enough to get there!

Here's a funny thing.  I mentioned my kids like it.  My husband takes it alot but kind of gags on it.  He had a sinus infection today and I made him something I found on WTM.  6oz warm H2O, Garlic steeped 10 min, some ACV, Honey and Cayenne.  He took it and asked for more!!!  He liked it.  I am now positive that most people must be able to acquire a taste for it.  I just don't know when I will be desperate enough to get there!

When you get REALLY sick w/something & will do ANYTHING to get rid of it. ;) ;)

BTW, I don't know for sure, this is just a wild guess, but peeling the cloves might make it taste better. I don't know what the skins taste like steeped in vinegar but it's a thought. If you decide to peel, you can make it easier by cracking the garlic w/the flat side of a large knife, just hit the side of the knife w/the side of your fist or you can hit the garlic w/a can, skillet, etc., the skins then pick right off. Just my .02. HTH Blessings ~herbalmom

YoopreMama

« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2008, 01:59:46 PM »
I am wondering how well I'm killing these yeasties...my detox seems so mild--I feel GREAT...sometimes tired, but I love the more stable moods, clearer mind, and energy...baby has resumed his long naps (3 hours in the afternoon) and earlier bedtime (6 or 7) for 12 hours.   :o  I think it was the lack of fat I was getting for awhile...I think the quinoa and millet (and now garlic, it appears) are making some good milk, too.  ;)

I'm enjoying some soupy quinoa...I added butter, cinnamon, French Vanilla Stevia, & coconut milk and it reminds me of a tapioca pudding.  Even my 7 y.o. boy likes it--guess what's for breakfast tomorrow... :D

I'm so glad you shared this, IE!  I find this so motivating to keep taking it...
...Garlic is the only antibiotic, which at the same time as fighting microbial invaders, also protects the body against poisons produced by infection...

Garlic is a unique antibiotic because it also nourishes beneficial bacteria, since oligosaccharides found in foods such as garlic and onions are prebiotics which selectively stimulate the growth activities of both good lactobacilli, Acidophilus and Bifidobacteria, in the colon, thereby improving health

Garlic also stablilizes blood sugars! YEAH! :) :) :)

One website said Garlic was the number one superfood to combat candida.  I have just been dicing one garlic clove per day and taking with water...how about you?  I have heard that nursing babies love the taste of garlic.

Are you using apple cider vinegar?  I had to stop the kombucha because the sugars were affecting me, even after brewing for fifteen + days.
I am using ACV w/ the mother...no kombucha, per Bea's discussion on it.

I just went up to about 4 cloves/day...I crush them and separate them into swallowable chunks and take it w/ water.  I do let them sit 10 minutes before swallowing...apparently that maximizes some good things being released.  ;)

I am really missing sugar and bread.  I am drinking coffee with a splash of milk.  I am not ready to give milk up yet, but I am cutting back a lot on my dairy anyway.  I woke up with a headache this morning--die off??  I have been waking up with headaches anyway, so I am still hoping that in the long run, these changes are going to help.  We'll see.

I wasn't able to make my yummy salad yesterday because the chicken was frozen.  I put it in the fridge, but it is still frozen this morning. . . I may have to wait until tomorrow to start having good salads.  Something to look forward to.  8)
Hi, Dixie!  I just enjoyed some sprouted grain bread w/ lots of butter and bonus garlic.  Mmm...I rarely have bread anymore and thought I would since I'm foregoing dairy.  I'll still drop it Friday when Week 3 starts.  I'll still eat buckwheat, millet and quinoa, though, in moderate amounts.   That and dairy are hard to give up simultaneously.   :(  I'm hoping your headaches are a result of getting "healthier" and subside soon.  Yes, looking forward to salads, LOL, oh, how I have changed!  :D

... My FIL was admitted with a urinary tract infection and pneumonia.....  :'(  He has been discharged now and we are all "helping" him keep to a better diet!  ;) :) 

I lost a total of 4#'s in the first week!  Yehaw!  I am hoping for some very steady loss over the next few weeks.  I am running out of supplements!  I really hope that the yeast is dying and will continue w/o all the supps.
It's good to hear from you, as always, AM25!  What an opportunity to help your FIL eat better, as you're doing the same.  :)  I'm so happy for your weight loss...will you still have garlic?  Any fatty supplements?  Those seem to be the basic ones for now...

Thanks, herbalmom!  :-*

Offline InEverything

• Adept
« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2008, 03:13:37 PM »
Hi--- just wrote a long post and then it disappeared. Esentially I was trying to encourage Yooper since she has been so wonderful to encourage the rest of us.  :) :) It sounds like you are maintaining a nice pace for detoxing...great for you and the baby!  Keep up all of the good work.  This could become a nice case study.  I would like to see if candida can become manageable with just managing what we eat.  My husband isn't really on board for much supplements or altered eating habits  ;)

Here is website that lists the varying degrees of candida and what to do
http://www.lourdes.edu/SYLLABI/HTW333_files/CandidaDiet.htm

I would probably fall into a mild case, this is a miracle considering all of the antibiotics I received as a child.  Maybe I have my mom's good food to thank or my grandma's lard, butter and cream YUM!!

Another thing I read was that a person who lacks Vit C is more susceptibe to candida.  Interesting considering that those seeking alternative treatments for cancer cut out all sugar and take extreme doses of Vit C.  Does that make anyone think of yeast or fungus?   :o :o

"in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thes. 5:18

Offline joy b

• Adept
« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2008, 03:25:20 PM »
I want to start, but it seems like a huge mountain!  :-\  If I had internet at our house, I could get support from you all... anyone want to support me over the phone?!   :P 

YoopreMama

« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2008, 04:13:12 PM »
Well, bless your heart, IE.  :-*  Thank you for the support...and the link.  My main symptom is the eczema, but w/ antibiotics...and childhood diet (although, I did eat liver and lots of lard) ;D, I'm sure I'm beyond a mild case.  The copper thing was interesting...copper ABOUNDS here.  Our area is even nicknamed for it.   8)

I think I am managing things well...I don't think they can win the battle w/ the very low carbs I'm doing, plus the CO, garlic, CLO, brew, and Vitamin C (that is interesting). 
...I would like to see if candida can become manageable with just managing what we eat.  My husband isn't really on board for much supplements or altered eating habits  ;)

Here is website that lists the varying degrees of candida and what to do
http://www.lourdes.edu/SYLLABI/HTW333_files/CandidaDiet.htm
Another thing I read was that a person who lacks Vit C is more susceptible to candida.  Interesting considering that those seeking alternative treatments for cancer cut out all sugar and take extreme doses of Vit C.  Does that make anyone think of yeast or fungus?   :o :o
That's about the 3rd or 4th time in the past week that I'm seeing a relationship b/w candida/fungus and cancer.   :o

Joy B--it does seem like a huge mountain.  I don't think I would be doing this as well as I am w/o online support.  PM me, if you'd like.  :)

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2008, 08:36:13 PM »
Another thing I read was that a person who lacks Vit C is more susceptibe to candida.  Interesting considering that those seeking alternative treatments for cancer cut out all sugar and take extreme doses of Vit C. Does that make anyone think of yeast or fungus?   :o :o

We are POSITIVE that the br*st 'cancer' that killed my mom in '07 was a fungal growth. You can read about it here:

http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,5439.0.html

HB is reading a book right now that makes the link between fungus & cancer. Also Doug Kaufmann, www.knowthecause.com makes a compelling case that 'cancer' is actually a fungus in his books, esp the long version of 'The Germ That Causes Cancer'. The long version is out of print but some libraries have it. He now publishes 'The Germ That Causes Cancer Handbook which IMO just really isn't worth much. I MUCH prefer the big book.

Blessings ~herbalmom

Offline InEverything

• Adept
« Reply #102 on: October 22, 2008, 05:19:46 AM »
Another thing I read was that a person who lacks Vit C is more susceptibe to candida.  Interesting considering that those seeking alternative treatments for cancer cut out all sugar and take extreme doses of Vit C. Does that make anyone think of yeast or fungus?   :o :o

We are POSITIVE that the br*st 'cancer' that killed my mom in '07 was a fungal growth. You can read about it here:

http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,5439.0.html

HB is reading a book right now that makes the link between fungus & cancer. Also Doug Kaufmann, www.knowthecause.com makes a compelling case that 'cancer' is actually a fungus in his books, esp the long version of 'The Germ That Causes Cancer'. The long version is out of print but some libraries have it. He now publishes 'The Germ That Causes Cancer Handbook which IMO just really isn't worth much. I MUCH prefer the big book.

Blessings ~herbalmom
I do remember when your mom died Herbalmom.   :(
I really believe that there is a link.  This is why I avoid regular PB as much as possible.  :P :P I think that anyone suffering from wierd symptoms should cut out sugar immediately!  A friend of mine is getting tx for his cancer in Mexico. He was diagnosed with lung and liver cancer. I got really suspicious when he said that antibiotics were the only thing making him feel better . I told him to cut out sugar right away, he said "that upsets me, I just ate two twinkies!"  Ever since he has been very strict with his diet (plus his tx from Mexico) and now his liver is clear and he just has some little spots in his lungs. Lord willing he will make a full recovery!  Moderation with sweets is so important for anyone, but if you are sick that is the first thing that should go!  

YoopreMama

« Reply #103 on: October 22, 2008, 01:02:50 PM »
I really believe that there is a link.  This is why I avoid regular PB as much as possible.  :P :P...
B/c of sugar in it? 

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #104 on: October 22, 2008, 01:08:53 PM »
I really believe that there is a link.  This is why I avoid regular PB as much as possible.  :P :P...
B/c of sugar in it? 

Probably b/c of the sugar but possibly also b/c peanuts almost always have some mold in them. 

Offline InEverything

• Adept
« Reply #105 on: October 22, 2008, 01:38:23 PM »
B/c of sugar in it? 

Probably b/c of the sugar but possibly also b/c peanuts almost always have some mold in them. 

Yes, there was a website that talked about people craving peanut butter, eating large amounts and later finding out they had cancer.  
A good brand of peanut butter is supposed to be arrowhead mill's.  Refrig. after opening to lessen the chance of fungus growing.  This is what horror movie's are made of!! :o :o

Offline mommyjen

• Adept
« Reply #106 on: October 22, 2008, 05:23:18 PM »
AM25, where are you?  Hope you and Jenny are doing well..

I'm here still! We have a new baby and hubby started a new business so we are super busy these days!

Monday I cleared out my cupboard. It was so much fun! I took out all the sugars and refined carbs. I put the honey and rapadura in the garage and gave a girlfriend the half Costco bag of chocolate chips, a few cans of pineapple, some raisins, etc. I do not trust myself with these nearby! I forgot I had some o.j. concentrate and 10 pounds or so of dates in the freezer though. We ate dates with cream cheese after dinner tonight.  :-[  I am planning on bringing them to our weekly Sunday fellowship potluck in a few days. I kept the bit of maple syrup we have for our upcoming final Saturday morning brown rice or buckwheat pancake breakfast (weekly tradition). I am thinking about changing our Sat. morn tradition to eggs, bacon, swiss proccess decafinated coffee, and a half a grapefruit each. I know grapefruit is not allowed but they are one of the lower sugar/carb fruits (along with berries) an I may include them occasionally anyhow. I'm also planning on keeping blueberries in our diet. We went and picked 50+ pounds of blueberries this summer and they are in our freezer. These will come in handy if we are caving in to our sweet toothes or for a planned dessert. I'm thinking blueberries and fake cream every once in a while. :P I canceled our raw milk order yesterday, but we'll finish off the cheddar and cream cheese in the fridge. So basically I cut sugars, refined carbs, and dairy all within a few days of each other. It feels great to begin the process! We will do whole grains for a little while longer yet and I may possibly keep them in permanently. I know Bee says that you can keep 1/4 cup a day of whole grains (cooked?) if you are loosing weight too quickly. I'm not sure if this will be me or not but I may include this in our diet as a preventative measure as I have nursing babe. I am still thinking on this one. I've been writing a list of our favorite meals that would fit into this diet and hope next to get a meal plan together. I've got some shopping to do too! I'm not starting any supplements yet except maybe the HCI. 

I'm loving hearing your praises about getting off sugar! If you don't want all the diseases and health problems of our culture you've got to do something different!

« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 06:24:03 PM by mommyjen »
Billy's wife and mom to John, Charles, Gilbert, and Lewis.

Offline mommyjen

• Adept
« Reply #107 on: October 22, 2008, 05:31:36 PM »
To Whom It May Concern,

Billy is no longer in control of his body. We stand in unison to declare that all talk of need for a special diet is ludicrous! There is no such thing as "candida". Billy says he loves you and everthing is going to be O.K. I hope you can see things our way.

Sincerely,
Candidas, oops

p.s. We need underwear & shirts. Thank you.

My hubby left this for me the other morning! Sometimes we joke about how "the candida made me do it" when we overdo sugar or eat disgustingly sweet things. I tell my hubby he's possesed at times by them! LOL. Don't worry about us too much...this is about as weird as we get.  :D
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 05:33:15 PM by mommyjen »

Offline RunAmokFarm

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • Naturally-reared, moderately-sized Aussie puppies!
    • RunAmok Farm * Moderately-sized Australian Shepherds
« Reply #108 on: October 22, 2008, 05:50:26 PM »
RE:  Billy is no longer in control of his body. We stand in unison to declare that all talk of need for a special diet is ludicrous! There is no such thing as "candida". Billy says he loves you and everthing is going to be O.K. I hope you can see things our way.
Sincerely,
Candidas, oops

Now THAT was funny!!   ;D
J
NR Australian Shepherds & SARF consultations
www.runamokfarm.com
Custom Pyrography (woodburning)
www.jaquemchenry.com

Offline Dixiemom

• Adept
« Reply #109 on: October 23, 2008, 03:24:18 AM »
Good morning everyone!

I am just on day four, but I am starting to feel a little better.  I do not have a headache today!!!  Hooray!!!!!  I do think that cutting out sugar is a good thing to do.  It is just putting it into practice that is so very hard ::)

I am starving here.  I am eating, but it seems like I just can not get enough food.  Yesterday, I had coffee (I know, but I am waiting to cut that out) and almonds for breakfast.  I made a huge salad for lunch with buffalo chicken, celery, red onion, greens and green pepper.  I felt full for about 10 minutes.  For supper I had more chicken and veggies. 

I also boiled four eggs yesterday morning and ate ALL of them during the day.  Still hungry.

Is this normal???  I usually don't eat this much.  So, I don't understand why I am constantly starving on this plan.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Offline mommie

• Master
« Reply #110 on: October 23, 2008, 04:49:54 AM »
Dixie mom I think this is normal...I couldn't get enough food in me either at first and i'm tot even doing the same thing all of you are doing! Just cutting out sugar alone makes you STARVING it seems like!! I think it will subside after a bit...are you eating plenty of fats?

Offline Dixiemom

• Adept
« Reply #111 on: October 23, 2008, 05:02:26 AM »
Dixie mom I think this is normal...I couldn't get enough food in me either at first and i'm tot even doing the same thing all of you are doing! Just cutting out sugar alone makes you STARVING it seems like!! I think it will subside after a bit...are you eating plenty of fats?

Thanks!  Glad to know that others have been through this too.  I hope that it gets better soon.  I am trying to focus on getting enough good fats in today.  A very strange problem to have--too little fat. :o  This has been an interesting experience so far! :D

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #112 on: October 23, 2008, 06:14:41 AM »
IMO, the extra hunger is actually a die off reaction. The yeasty beasties  ;) are trying to get you to eat CARBS & & if your starving you just might give in & eat carbs. Besides, the starch in good carbs helps you stay full longer- that's the reason for the trick of adding carbs/starch to a meal when you need 'stick to the ribs' food or need to stretch food to feed a crowd.

As far as something that might help, I was just reading an email from Tropical Traditions about their coconut flour being on sale. It mentioned mixing the coconut flour into water for a coconut flavored fiber supplement or adding it to smoothies, etc. How about trying it to help fill you up & stick with you? Because it's high in fiber it should help keep you regular also. Most everyone is taking coconut oil anyways so this would just add a little more coconut oil to your diet but would also add protein (it's 19% NON gluten protein) & fiber as well. It might help.

Adding ground flax to your meals should help also. Good fats, fiber & it expands in the stomach to help fill you up.

Blessings ~herbalmom

YoopreMama

« Reply #113 on: October 23, 2008, 06:32:10 AM »
To Whom It May Concern,

Billy is no longer in control of his body. We stand in unison to declare that all talk of need for a special diet is ludicrous! There is no such thing as "candida". Billy says he loves you and everything is going to be O.K. I hope you can see things our way.

Sincerely,
Candidas, oops

My hubby left this for me the other morning! Sometimes we joke about how "the candida made me do it" when we overdo sugar or eat disgustingly sweet things. I tell my hubby he's possessed at times by them! LOL. Don't worry about us too much...this is about as weird as we get.  :D

Oh, Jenny (and Billy)!  Thanks for the big laughs this morning. 

:D :D :D :D

That is something my hubby would do.  LOL still...

You are super busy!  :o :o  AND ambitious--you really are setting yourself up to succeed on this plan, with getting rid of those yummy things.  Good for you!  I LOVE dates and cream cheese (bananas and cream cheese are goo, too).  MMMmmm.  I can THINK about eating them, right?  :D

Where did you find the stuff about 1/4 c. grains? The Yahoo! group?  That's a good measure...I'm keeping quinoa, millet, and buckwheat....and some blue corn chips for now.  Sounds like we're on a similar menu.  :)  Glad to have you for a partner!  ;D

I'm not on the HCl...any compelling reason why I should be?

I'm here still! We have a new baby and hubby started a new business so we are super busy these days!

Monday I cleared out my cupboard. It was so much fun! I took out all the sugars and refined carbs. I put the honey and rapadura in the garage and gave a girlfriend the half Costco bag of chocolate chips, a few cans of pineapple, some raisins, etc. I do not trust myself with these nearby! I forgot I had some o.j. concentrate and 10 pounds or so of dates in the freezer though. We ate dates with cream cheese after dinner tonight.  :-[  I am planning on bringing them to our weekly Sunday fellowship potluck in a few days. I kept the bit of maple syrup we have for our upcoming final Saturday morning brown rice or buckwheat pancake breakfast (weekly tradition). I am thinking about changing our Sat. morn tradition to eggs, bacon, swiss proccess decaffeinated coffee, and a half a grapefruit each. I know grapefruit is not allowed but they are one of the lower sugar/carb fruits (along with berries) an I may include them occasionally anyhow. I'm also planning on keeping blueberries in our diet. We went and picked 50+ pounds of blueberries this summer and they are in our freezer. These will come in handy if we are caving in to our sweet toothes or for a planned dessert. I'm thinking blueberries and fake cream every once in a while. :P I canceled our raw milk order yesterday, but we'll finish off the cheddar and cream cheese in the fridge. So basically I cut sugars, refined carbs, and dairy all within a few days of each other. It feels great to begin the process! We will do whole grains for a little while longer yet and I may possibly keep them in permanently. I know Bee says that you can keep 1/4 cup a day of whole grains (cooked?) if you are losing weight too quickly. I'm not sure if this will be me or not but I may include this in our diet as a preventative measure as I have nursing babe. I am still thinking on this one. I've been writing a list of our favorite meals that would fit into this diet and hope next to get a meal plan together. I've got some shopping to do too! I'm not starting any supplements yet except maybe the HCI...

Yea, Dixie!!!!

I was in the starving boat, too.  8)  It seems like it cycles.  I'm not sure how long it takes for our bodies to "switch over" to running on fat, but I suspect it will get easier w/ that happening.  I'm sure we'll keep cravings things, though...I've learned that there is a difference b/w being hungry and craving foods to feed the yeast.   It's nice to crave good foods...like lettuce and meat...I was crabby yesterday...had more carbs than I probably should have (sprouted bread, quinoa), but they're not off the menu until tomorrow, and even then, I'll keep some seed grains in small amounts.
I am just on day four, but I am starting to feel a little better.  I do not have a headache today!!!  Hooray!!!!! ...

I am starving here.  I am eating, but it seems like I just can not get enough food...

I also boiled four eggs yesterday morning and ate ALL of them during the day.  Still hungry.

Is this normal???  I usually don't eat this much.  So, I don't understand why I am constantly starving on this plan.

Oooh...good suggestions (as always), HM!  How are you doing?  That anti-yeast thread on the LC Forum had some coconut "cookies" that people were enjoying. 

Offline InEverything

• Adept
« Reply #114 on: October 23, 2008, 06:58:19 AM »
Mommyjen and Dixiemom--
In the Maker's Diet grapefruit and coffee w/ cream are allowed all of the way through.  So don't feel bad if you indulge a little, just don't go overboard!  :D

YoopreMama

« Reply #115 on: October 23, 2008, 07:16:01 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D
Mommyjen and Dixiemom--In the Maker's Diet grapefruit and coffee w/ cream are allowed all of the way through.  So don't feel bad if you indulge a little, just don't go overboard!  :D
So does that mean a glass of cream w/ dinner would be "overboard"?  :D

I was looking at the site HM posted re: Doug Kaufmann..his diet has some "goodies" in there, too.  ;)  Nice site, BTW, HM--thanks AGAIN.  :-*

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #116 on: October 23, 2008, 07:22:06 AM »
To Whom It May Concern,

Billy is no longer in control of his body. We stand in unison to declare that all talk of need for a special diet is ludicrous! There is no such thing as "candida". Billy says he loves you and everything is going to be O.K. I hope you can see things our way.

Sincerely,
Candidas, oops

My hubby left this for me the other morning! Sometimes we joke about how "the candida made me do it" when we overdo sugar or eat disgustingly sweet things. I tell my hubby he's possessed at times by them! LOL. Don't worry about us too much...this is about as weird as we get.  :D

I read this to DH & oldest DS & we all cracked up. Thanks.

Since we have issues with major behaviour changes with certain foods, high carbs, etc I could see it becoming a standing joke that the  'yeasty beasties' made me do it.  ;) 

Oooh...good suggestions (as always), HM!  How are you doing?  That anti-yeast thread on the LC Forum had some coconut "cookies" that people were enjoying. 

I'm doing OK. Not following the diet yet although obviously I am following the threads.

We are still doing work on our downstairs (since we are now renting the whole house instead of just the upstairs- see prayer requests) & I don't have the new kitchen downstairs set up. It's ironic- right now I have 2 kitchens in the same house & one is  being moved out of & the other isn't set up so neither one works very well right now.  ::) ::)

Just as soon as we get it together in the house we will be doing the diet as well. I'll be sure to post when we do. My 'yeasty beasties' are sure going to miss Pepsi.  ;) :D (My poison of choice & my major sugar fix) Actually, DD & youngest DS's 'yeasty beasties' are going to miss it also considering they regularly drink my Pepsi.  ::) ::)   

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #117 on: October 23, 2008, 07:34:42 AM »
;D ;D ;D
Mommyjen and Dixiemom--In the Maker's Diet grapefruit and coffee w/ cream are allowed all of the way through.  So don't feel bad if you indulge a little, just don't go overboard!  :D
So does that mean a glass of cream w/ dinner would be "overboard"?  :D

I was looking at the site HM posted re: Doug Kaufmann..his diet has some "goodies" in there, too.  ;)  Nice site, BTW, HM--thanks AGAIN.  :-*

A glass of cream just might be a bit much.  ;) It would sure get things 'moving' though if you were having problems in that area.  ;)

BTW- a glass of cream reminded me- is anyone using the coconut cream concentrate from Tropical Traditions? It's coconut ground so fine (& b/c it's high fat) it's a paste. You can mix with water to make coconut milk or cream & it's easy to add to smoothies, etc. It can also be spread on crackers, etc if you're eating them. We have had some for a while but we are just starting to use it. Get it on the buy 2 quarts get 2 quarts free special & it works out to a good price compared to canned coconut milk or cream in the store & it's fresher & organic.

As far as Doug Kaufmann, I have his cookbook. Once I find it (I am going to be SO happy to finally have all my books unpacked- my books exceeded my bookcases & room available YEARS ago. I think we might actually have enough room in this house but we will see.  ;) :D) I will post some recipes. 

Offline mommyjen

• Adept
« Reply #118 on: October 23, 2008, 07:13:26 PM »
Where did you find the stuff about 1/4 c. grains?

Here's that quote Yooper...

Some people who are losing weight too rapidly might have to eat small amounts of safe grains to stop their weight loss, but even then they should only consume a maximum of 1/4 cup per day.

This is from the article How to Successfully Overcome Candida. Yes I'll be including the safe grains too like br, bw, millet, and I know there's one more too that I can't remember right now.

Sounds like we're on a similar menu.  :)  Glad to have you for a partner!  ;D

I couldn't do it without you my friend!  :)

I'm not on the HCl...any compelling reason why I should be?

I'll have to get back to you on that one.

HM, the yeasty beasties is a hoot!

Gotta Go seems to be my motto these days. I hope things slow down a bit for me soon!

Offline Lovin'myHoneyinVT

• Adept
« Reply #119 on: October 24, 2008, 01:59:52 AM »
So my husband and I are easing into the diet.  I started three days ago to cut out all candy.  I think it is easier for me to stop some things a little at a time.  I still have hot chocolate. Can't give that up too quick when there are snow flurries.  Is there an acceptable coco drink?  I tried making my own mix but my boys thought it was not too good.  I could do it, but not with them having the real fake thing around. 

We have also stopped bread and pasta as of yesterday.  Do pastries count as bread? ::) ;D  I had a slice of apple pie.   :o

But, considering how i had been eating, this is pretty good.

Oh, are dark chocolate brownies on the diet? ;)