Author Topic: allergies and meal planning  (Read 3663 times)

Offline jamie

• Learning
allergies and meal planning
« on: September 04, 2006, 05:36:47 AM »
I struggle with what to feed my kids to some degree. They have food allergies to dairy, beef, mildly to eggs, almonds, mild soy, mildly to wheat, and garlic. Of course they are like most kids picky and have to force veggies in them. they would as soon live off of junk food. We eat mainly organic, I try my best to stay away from hydronated oils and pre package foods. really searching for what God intends for us to eat and also praying and believing God will deliver us from food allergies. I do not believe that I am destine to be allergic to garlic and almonds that are so good for you. any suggestions on meals and snack I'm beginning to think they might be acquiring some other food allergies. jamie

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
Re: allergies and meal planning
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 06:12:16 AM »
I struggle with what to feed my kids to some degree. They have food allergies to dairy, beef, mildly to eggs, almonds, mild soy, mildly to wheat, and garlic. Of course they are like most kids picky and have to force veggies in them. they would as soon live off of junk food. We eat mainly organic, I try my best to stay away from hydronated oils and pre package foods. really searching for what God intends for us to eat and also praying and believing God will deliver us from food allergies. I do not believe that I am destine to be allergic to garlic and almonds that are so good for you. any suggestions on meals and snack I'm beginning to think they might be acquiring some other food allergies. jamie

hey Jamie--i really feel for you.  i have written a lot of info on my food allergies (beef, eggs, dairy, corn, bananas, and mushrooms) on this site, and rather than type i all out again, you can go to members list and my username and look at my posts.  probably even search for "food allergies" in that section.  also there has been much other info posted on here on the topic by other members.  there are many ways to go about ridding your body of food allergies and i, like you, totally didn't believe i had to be in bodage to them my whole life.  i am still in the process of fixing them, but am feeling 90% better than i did before starting.  i also went through much "misinformation" mostly from a natural dr. i saw.  so be careful and prayerful about what to do.  i could have saved much time and money if i had not done certain things.  it's a bit difficult to figure out what is right for you, as so many different things have worked for other people that may or may not work for you.  i have much work left to do, as my kids have some also.  good luck on your journey--and be encouraged--it is possible to overcome them!   :D 
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline Pennie

• Master
Re: allergies and meal planning
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 06:50:21 AM »
From what i have been learning lately also I would be looking into why they have allergies to so many things.  I personally think it can be "fixed." In fact, I am working on that right now with my son.  I will let you know if we are successful  :)