† † † † † † †

Author Topic: Colon Cleansers, speak up!  (Read 5496 times)

Offline lovinmy4

• Adept
Colon Cleansers, speak up!
« on: September 20, 2006, 11:58:56 AM »
Hi there,
I have been researching colon cleansing and am surprised  :o at the number of products out there. I would really appreciate some feedback on which ones are the best and most effective. I know this is something I really need to do (among other things!) but I don't want to waste my money on something that won't give me good results. What has your experience been? Any suggestions would be great!  :)
Thanks,
Tara

Offline mishy

• Master
Re: Colon Cleansers, speak up!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 12:02:19 PM »
Epson salts are really cheap! :)  I did the gallbladder cleanse and it pretty well cleaned out my colon too!!!!   ;)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 01:18:43 PM »
Coffee enemas are kinda gross, but cheap and effective.  Clean you out from your liver down. :o :o
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline mexmarr

• Master
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 01:28:24 PM »
Coffee enemas are kinda gross, but cheap and effective.  Clean you out from your liver down. :o :o

Are coffee enemas an exact art, or do you just make up any kind of coffee, and just do it?  How strong?  Would instant be okay?

Offline lovinmy4

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 02:10:31 PM »
How do you do a coffee enema? That does sound gross.

Offline Texas Girl.

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 03:45:02 PM »
How do you do a coffee enema? That does sound gross.
And how do you get up the nerve to actually do it????  That's what I'd like to know.  Is it REALLY necessary?
Better/worse than annual exam?

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 03:49:27 PM »
Hello!  My name is healthyinOhio and I am a coffee enema addict!! :)
The first time I had read about an enema was in the HOW TO HERB BOOK.  I laughed it off for two years before I decided to try one.  A coffee enema was my first and I have been doing them(2-3x) a year.  You must buy organic coffee grounds(not instant, nor whole beans) and while you are already spending an arm and a leg for the organic, you might as well spend a little more for fair trade.  It is kind of like a union for south American farmers.  They get better pay and don't get bought out by the big business coffee producers that encroach on their property and such.  Okay, that was my little social push.
Get 6 tablespoons of your coffee grounds and put it in two quarts of water(must be a filtered water!).  Put on the stove and boil for 15 min.  Let cool, strain, and use two cups worth at a time.  Put in an enema bag and insert and hold for 15 min(this is called a retention enema) or as long as your little cheeks can hold it in!! ;)
I have also done a garlic enema(this pulls out a lot of mucous build up in the colon, but always causes a little cramping when I do it), a lemon juice enema, and have given catnip enemas to the kids when they have a fever that won't go down.
If giving yourself an enema freaks you out, try to search for someone who is a certified colonic therapist.
And if you just can't do an enema, there is the master cleanse, liver flush, or the water cure.  Happy cleansing!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 04:34:32 AM »
Hello!  My name is healthyinOhio and I am a coffee enema addict!! :)
The first time I had read about an enema was in the HOW TO HERB BOOK.  I laughed it off for two years before I decided to try one.  A coffee enema was my first and I have been doing them(2-3x) a year.  You must buy organic coffee grounds(not instant, nor whole beans)
Although, I am sure that organic is always best.  I had good results with Folgers for drip coffee makers.   :o  I also used tap water.  When you boil it, all the chlorine goes bye bye.  Also the site that I got my directions from, recommends two 15 minute sessions in a row.  The first one maybe be difficult to hold, but the second one, I found was much easier.  If you manage to hold it for the full 15 minutes, you'll feel/hear your gallbladder and liver gurgle.   :o  Very weird.   ;D

http://www.cleanse.net/newsite/articles/coffee_enema.html
http://www.diagnose-me.com/treat/T98568.html
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 04:39:15 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline mexmarr

• Master
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2006, 04:42:29 AM »
I've done lots of enemas, although never used coffee.  I usually do either 3 or 4 enemas each time.  The first two get most of the "stuff" out, and I can never hold those very long.  The 3rd and 4th are easier to hold, and I have added garlic or vinager to those.  My dh says it makes my breath smell like garlic!  :o