Author Topic: Herb Safety [Herbs to Avoid] in Pregnancy and Nursing  (Read 95627 times)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Herb Safety [Herbs to Avoid] in Pregnancy and Nursing
« on: April 20, 2006, 08:41:59 PM »
James A Duke, Phd "The Green Pharmacy"

As a general rule, you shouldn't take herbs while you're pregnant unless you discuss your selections with your obstetrician.

There's a good reason for this.   Quite a few herbs can increase the risk of miscarriage.  Maine herbalist Deb Soule, author of the feminst herbal The Roots of Healing, advises pregnant women to avoid the following herbs:  bayberry root bark, cascara sagrada, feverfew, juniper berries, mugwort, pennyroyal, pokeroot, rue, senna, southernwood, tansy, thuja and wormwood.  That sounds like good advice to me, and I would add a few more to this list:  balsam pear, chervil, Chinesen angelica, hernandia, hyptis, mayapple and mountain mint.  Lately I've also seen caution flags about evening primrose and St.-John's-wort, but I haven't seen the rationale behind these caveats. 

It's also a good idea not to binge on celery or parsley.  Eating a little of these healthy vegetable won't do any harm, but eating a lot could conceivably cause a problem.

You should limit your consumption of caffeine as well.  One study showed what the researchers called a "strong association of caffeine intake during pregnancy and fetal loss"  As little as 163 milligrams of caffeine per day--the amount in one to two cups of brewed coffee--might double the risk of spontaneous abortion.

In addition, here are a few more "don'ts" during pregnancy:  Don't smoke, don't drink alcohol, and again, don't take any drugs, including over-the-counter products, except on the advice of your physician...

Pregnant women should not take feverfew because of a remote possibility that it might trigger miscarriage.  And women who are nursing should not use it because of the possibility of passing the herb to infants via milk...

Aloes (Aloe, various species), buckthorn (Rhamnus catharticus), cascara sagrada (Rhamnus purshianus), frangula (Frangula alnus) and senna (Cassia senna).  These herbs all contain powerful natural laxative chemicals called anthraquinones...Anthraquinone laxatives should not be taken over long periods of time or during pregnancy or nursing...

Susan S. Weed: Storknet

Herbs Women May Wish to Avoid During Pregnancy and While Lactating

* Agave and Yucca (Agave species): contain large quantities of irritating saponins
    * Aloes (Aloe species): purging cathartic
    * Birthroot (Trillium species): contains oxytocin
    * Black cohosh (Cimicifuga racemosa): may irritate the uterus
    * Blue cohosh (Caulophyllum thalictroides): contains oxytocin
    * Buckthorn (Rhamnus cathartica, Rhamnus frangula): purging cathartic
    * Cascara sagrada (Rhamnus purshiana): purging cathartic
    * Castor oil (Ricinus communis): purging cathartic
    * Comfrey (Symphytum uplandica): alkaloids in roots are dangerous to the liver; leaves are safe to use
    * Cotton root bark (Gossypium harbaceum): contains oxytocin
    * Dong quai (Angelica sinensis): contains coumarins which may irritate uterus and liver
    * Ephedra (all species): increases blood pressure; may cause heart palpitations, insomnia, headaches
    * Evening primrose oil (Oenothera biennis): used by midwives to initiate labor
    * Ginseng (Panax quinquefolium): may cause headaches, irritability, insomnia
    * Goldenseal (Hydrastis canadensis): contains irritating alkaloids which stress liver and kidneys
    * Juniper berries (Juniperus communis): very harsh on the kidneys
    * Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra): increases blood pressure; large doses can cause heart failure, headache, lethargy, water retention, and excessive excretion of potassium
    * Ma-huang (another name for ephedra)
    * Mistletoe (Viscum album): large doses can have detrimental effects on the heart
    * Mistletoe, American (Phoradendron flavescens): raises blood pressure, causes uterine contractions
    * Rue (Ruta graveolens): contains essential oils that can damage the kidneys and liver
    * Senna (Cassia senna): potent purging cathartic
    * Thuja (Thuja occidentalis): contains essential oils that can damage the kidneys and liver
    * Turkey rhubarb (Rheum palmatum): purgative; may cause uterine contractions
    * Wormwood (Artemisia absinthium): essential oils can adversely affect brain

Women Who Miscarry Easily May Also Want to Avoid These Herbs

* Autumn crocus (Colchicum autumnale): also known as saffron; large doses can cause miscarriage
    * Basil (Basilicum species): see mints
    * Bearberry (Berberis vulgaris): bark contains similar alkaloids to goldenseal; berries and leaves OK
    * Catnip (Nepeta cataria): see mints
    * Flax seeds (Linum usitatissimum): large doses may stimulate uterine contractions
    * Feverfew (Chrysanthemum parthenium): contains essential oils that can damage liver and kidneys
    * Ground ivy (Hedeoma hederacea): see mints
    * Mints - such as basil, catnip, rosemary, thyme, savory, peppermint, oregano, ground ivy, sage, and spearmint - contain essential oils that, used internally (or extracted into a tincture) may harm the kidneys and liver; the infusion, taken in large enough quantity, may stimulate uterine contractions
    * Mugwort/Cronewort (Artemisia vulgaris): used to help bring on labor
    * Nutmeg (Myristica fragrans): a large dose of this spice contains the essential oils that could adversely affect the brain, liver, and kidneys
    * Oregano (Oreganum species): see mints
    * Osha (Ligusticum porterii): may irritate the uterus
    * Parsley (Petroselinum crispum): a well-known, and quite effective, abortifacient
    * Poke root (Phytolacca americana): large dose (more than 4 drops) may stress kidneys
    * Pennyroyal (Mentha pulegium or Hedeoma pulegiodes): essential oil may harm kidneys and liver; also see mints
    * Peppermint (Mentha piperita): see mints
    * Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis): see mints
    * Sage (Salvia officinalis): see mints
    * Savory (Satureja hortensis): see mints
    * Southernwood (Artemisia abrotanum): essential oils, similar to those in wormwood, are easily extracted into tinctures and can adversely affect the brain
    * Spearmint (Mentha spicata): see mints
    * Tansy (Tanacetum vulgare): essential oils in tincture may damage kidneys and liver
    * Thyme (Thymus species): see mints

search, pregnant, herbal, herbs, natural, safe
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 11:51:31 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Sunny

• Adept
Re: Herb Safety [Herbs to Avoid] in Pregnancy and Nursing
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 06:47:14 AM »
Thanks for the info, as I am a nursing mom!  Is there a website I could consult that would give these types of details for any condition someone might have(i.e. high blood pressure, kidnye stones, etc.). 

Sunny  :)
Audrey(1) was still a little wobbly walking, so she would walk with both arms out and above her head.  Emma(3) saw her and cried "Look!  Audrey is praising the Lord!"

Offline Danae

• Learning
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 07:06:46 AM »
I'm not sure if I'd agree with Susan Weed on Evening Primrose Oil.  One of my good friends (who is studying to be a Nurse Midwife) has found EPO to be very helpful to her in her pregnancies and found that her last 2 children - with whom she took EPO through her entire pregnancy/lactation - have little to no allergies vs her first 4 children who all have allergies, some VERY severe.  She also gives her son who has severe allergies EPO on a daily basis and has found it to be very helpful for him.  The only thing she did differently in her last 2 pregnancies was add the EPO to her diet. 

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 01:34:00 PM »
Thanks for the info, as I am a nursing mom!  Is there a website I could consult that would give these types of details for any condition someone might have(i.e. high blood pressure, kidnye stones, etc.). 

Sunny  :)

I didn't find a complete list anywhere.  Most good herbal books will have the contrainidications listed (usually in the index for easy reference) and you could google "Herbs High Blood Pressure", "Herbs Cause Kidney Stones", etc.  Using this method, I found a few miscellaneous pieces of information on each condition.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline simplecountrygal

• Learning
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 01:35:52 PM »
I have used herbs (avoiding the unsafe) during my pregnancy and nursing days and have found them to be irreplaceable!  Shonda Parker (mother of 7 and family herbalist) has been a great source of knowlegde for me.  She speaks at midwifery conferences on the use of herbs.  I highly recommend her books (Naturally Healthy Pregnancy--revised edition coming next year, Mommy Diagnostics, and Naturally Healthy Woman).  Her website, www.naturallyhealthy.org, has some great info. 

There is a line of glycerin based herbal formulas for pregnant mamas at www.trilightherbs.com.  (I find their website confusing and prefer to shop by catalog then order on-line.)  This line was Shonda Parker's formulas.  (But she doesn't recieve any money from the sales.)  You can find a guide to these formulas on her website. 

I've also used other herbs and herbal formulas from this company and other companies that I felt safe and more beneficial than "riding it out" or over the counter alternatives.  I feel they have often prevented me (and my boys) from needing prescription medicines. 

Just thought y'all might find this helpful.  :)

Offline bizymum

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 06:25:05 AM »
I was wondering if it's possible to overdose on herbs?  I'm 12 weeks pregnant, I take 1 Supermom tab a day, and during the second and third trimesters I will be drinking Mama's Red Raspberry Brew (I did this with my last pregnancy and it helped alot!).  I just checked out the link that Helen listed for Mountain Meadow Herbs and I'm very interested in their Gentle Birth Formula, which is only taken during the 5 weeks prior to birth.  The only herb that the tea and the formula share is red raspberry.  But I was concerned that all of this may be too much to do all at once, especially since it's not just my body I need to be concerned with right now.  Any thoughts?

Offline petrimama

• Master
    • My blog...
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 08:36:03 AM »
Most herb doses are definitely to be monitored, especially during pregnancy.  As far as red raspberry, I have heard things on both ends of the spectrum, and everything in between.  As a rule of thumb, low doses are safer, but since red raspberry has so many benefits, it would be a shame to miss out on them by setting unnecessary limits.  I'd say talk to whoever you trust with your pregnancy care because they know your situation more thoroughly, then do a little responsible reading and make an informed decision based on the advice in combination with what you find.       ~L

Offline jeniwren

• Adept
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2006, 07:39:38 AM »
That information was so helpful!! I was looking for information about cascara sagrada and senna in regard to pregnancy. Now I know. I wish I had researched it sooner. I had a "threatened miscarriage", as the docs call it, that caused me to look at what herbs I was taking. I'm 14 weeks now and my system is clear of herbs so I feel safer; but I'm still going to be cautious. Thanks again.

Offline Caroline

• Adept
    • New Little Blessing
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2006, 08:13:23 AM »
One book has been SO helpful for me while I am nursing is The Nursing Mother's Herabal by Sheila Humphrey.  It has a complete list of herbs in the back of the 332 page book that goes a-z on the safety of herbs while nursing.  It has a lot in there about low milk supply, when you are sick, when your baby is sick, weaning and return of fertility, etc. I love this book and use it often!  We sell it at www.newlittleblessing.com or you can do a google search for it.  :)  I think every nursing Mother that uses herbs should have this book!
Caroline
www.newlittleblessing.com
Ergos, Pregnancy/Ovulation tests, Books, Modest Patterns, Modest Nursing covers, Baby and Child size slings and Vitamins!

Offline crystaldew

• Adept
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2007, 10:14:28 AM »
I looked around, but may have missed this topic. Does anyone have advice on which herbs are safe/NOT safe during pregnancy? my husband has a bad cold and i wanted to take some echinacea for a boost just in case, but then i began to doubt...echinacea, goldenseal, elderberry...any info would be appreciated!
*peace*

Offline here-n-there-a-little

• Adept
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2007, 10:46:07 AM »
I know I read some info somewhere on here about safe herbs and such for pregnancy, but I can't seem to find it now.  HB, didn't you posted a whole bunch of herb info and safety for pregnancy?

I have been using garlic, elderberry, lavendar EO and tea tree oil.  You mentioned you doubt elderberry.  Did you find some info that indicated one should not use it during pregnancy?  I haven't found anything on any of the above mentioned.  I am a little more cautious about the tea tree because it is SO concentrated, but don't worry about the garlic or elderberry.  That's just my opinion after a bit of research.

Offline CKSMOM

• Adept
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2007, 11:30:23 AM »
I looked around, but may have missed this topic. Does anyone have advice on which herbs are safe/NOT safe during pregnancy? my husband has a bad cold and i wanted to take some echinacea for a boost just in case, but then i began to doubt...echinacea, goldenseal, elderberry...any info would be appreciated!

I don't have any info on echinacea, but I do have a magazine article regarding herbs for pregnancy and it says goldenseal may cause the uterus to contract, I'd probably avoid that one.

Offline Myjoy

• Adept
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2007, 11:38:11 AM »
Yes, I too, would avoid goldeseal during pregnancy. In Naturally Healthy Pregnancy, these are the herbs she says to avoid completely:
Blue cohosh
Celery seed
Cottonroot
Feverfew
Gentian
Golden Root or Golden Rod, Groundsel, Life Root, Wild Valerian
Goldenseal
Greater Celandine
Motherwort
Pennyroyal
Rue
Shepherd's Purse
Spanish fly
Tansy
Uva Ursi
Wormwood
Senna

I would definitely stay away from these. But I would take Echinacea and Elderberry.

Offline natural

• Adept
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2007, 01:20:06 PM »
anyone know if slippery elm or marshmallow root are safe during prego?
4 yo Maciah: Mamma I am scared the wind is howling.
Me: Go to sleep Jesus will protect you.
4 yo Maciah: (stretching his chin to chest) But, but I can't see Jesus my head can't reach into my heart.

Offline natural

• Adept
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2007, 04:31:16 AM »
if agave is bad, do you think "agave nectar" is bad??
4 yo Maciah: Mamma I am scared the wind is howling.
Me: Go to sleep Jesus will protect you.
4 yo Maciah: (stretching his chin to chest) But, but I can't see Jesus my head can't reach into my heart.

Offline SC

• Guru
  • Ephesians 5:2
    • Lexington Slim
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2007, 08:18:20 AM »
If there was an herb I was wanting to take during pregnancy, I would research its actions and cautions.

If an herb is likely to work as an peristaltic (meaning that it stimulates successive muscular contractions of the intestines which move waste through the gastrointestinal tract), I would not take it as it could trigger uterine contractions. Check your laxative herbs for this action.

I would also avoid over consumption of herbs that thinned the blood, so as to avoid potential problems there.

As an additional safeguard, I would look for specific cautions to pregnant moms. A simple internet search using the name of the herb you are researching and the word pregnant or breastfeed would give you several sites with information.

This may be a useful method for those just wanting to know if a particular herb is safe or not.
I'm no doctor . . .             I'm not even a Post hole Digger! ;)
See what works for me at LexingtonSlim.com

Offline CNM2B

• Adept
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2007, 12:02:24 PM »
So are there any laxative type herbs that are safe during pregnancy?? I would have thought for sure that the aloe would be gentle enough....

earthymomof2

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2007, 12:16:08 PM »
CNM2B,

I think aloe is still too harsh.  The leaves are a pretty potent laxative.

In my Naturally Healthy Pregnancy book, by Shonda Parker, professional herbalist, it says that psylllium husk provides bulk.  Obviously, lots of watter.  And Yellow Dock is safe to be used as a laxative during pregnancy.

Trilight Herbs has a pregnancy safe herbal laxative.  It's called Move-EZ.

http://www.trilightherbs.com/merchant/pregorderform.htm#bottom7

HTH.

Sarah

Offline CNM2B

• Adept
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2007, 12:20:09 PM »
Good to know... Thanks.

Offline SC

• Guru
  • Ephesians 5:2
    • Lexington Slim
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2007, 12:51:14 PM »
So are there any laxative type herbs that are safe during pregnancy?? I would have thought for sure that the aloe would be gentle enough....

Not all laxative herbs work the same way. I mentioned one type of action (the kind that triggers muscle contractions -- peristaltic). Other laxatives work by producing more digestive fluid. These are generally considered safe for pregnancy. However, be aware that there may NOT be a need for more bulk if you already are eating enough fruits and vegetables. Additionally, more seeds and grains do not agree with everyone. In some cases, more bulk can actually make the problem WORSE. If you aren't consuming enough fluids, all of the 'stuff' can just form a nice dry mass, sitting there in your colon.
I'm no doctor . . .             I'm not even a Post hole Digger! ;)
See what works for me at LexingtonSlim.com

Offline heatheronthehill

• Adept
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2007, 01:02:05 PM »
Looking at this list made me wonder...  Some of these herbs are rather surprising and I'm wondering if they just shouldn't be taken excessively.  For example - is it o.k. to use the normal amounts of basil, celery, cinnamon, chervil, parsley, etc... that you would use while cooking? 

What about topically?  Would using aloe on the skin be o.k. even though it shouldn't be taken internally?  Just trying to figure out how strictly one should follow these guidelines...

NOT TO BE USED DURING PREGNANCY, OR IF YOU ARE NURSING:
Alkanet, Aloe, Angelica, Anise, Anise Star, Arnica, Ashwaganda, Barley Grass, Barberry, Basil, Bitter Melon, Black Cohosh, Bladderwrack, Blessed Thistle, Blood Root, Blue Cohosh, Blue Flag, Blue Vervain, Borage, Buckthorn, Buuterbur, California Poppy, Cascara Sagrada, Catnip, Cedar Berry, Celandine, Celery, Chervil, Cinnamon, Club Moss, Comfrey, Coltsfoot, Cubeb, Damiana, Dong Quai, Elecampane, Ephedra, False Unicorn, Fenugreek, Feverfew, Forsythia, Garcinia, Ginger, Golden Seal, Gravel root, Guarana, Guggul Gum, Gymnema, Horehound, Horsetail, Hyssop, Juniper, Kola Nut, Lemongrass, Licorice, Lobelia, Lovage, Lungwort, Mace, Mistletoe, Motherwort, Mugwort, Muira Puama, Myrrh, Neem, Oregon Grape, Osha, Parsley, Partridgeberry, Passionflower, Pennyroyal, Pleurisy, Prickly Ash, Quassia, Red Clover, Rhodiola, Rosemary, Rue, Sage, Sassafras, Sarsaparilla, Senna, Shepherds Purse, Spikenard, Tansy, Turkey Rhubarb, Turmeric, Uva Ursi, Vitex, Watercress, White Sage, Wild Cherry, Wormwood, Yarrow

from mountain rose herbs:

Warning
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 01:39:44 PM by healthybratt »

Offline hollyolly123

• Adept
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2007, 06:04:53 PM »
Just a comment,  I've been cooking with cinnamon for a long time. It was listed as one of the herbs not to use at Mountain Rose Herbs (neat site, by the way).  Just remember that there are certain strengths of herbs which are concidered medicinal, and certain uses which are probably safe, like making apple cinnamon muffins when you are pregnant.  Of course, the herbs that are known abortificants and the ones that stimulate muscle contractions are ones that I would wholly avoid, especially parsley and asian cucumber, a veggi that is specifically used to stimulate abortion.

Constipation:

I had problems with it really bad during my last pregnancy, and after I gave birth I still felt backed up for a looooong time.  I drank rediculous amounts of water to try to clear it up and plenty of whole grains, soaked and unsoaked, and lots of veggis.  I'm sure these things helped, but not enough.  What finally did it for me was probiotics!  I took two of the Tummy Tune Up Original before each meal for a couple of days, then just took the normal does after that.  Really did the  trick.  Tummy tune up is going to be my friend if I get to be pregnant again!!!!

Offline anitalshank

• Learning
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2007, 09:41:55 AM »
 Candida/Pregnancy

Has anyone dealt with yeast during pregnancy?   :D I feel funny asking because I am sure the answer is probably yes!  Well, I have been on a sugar free diet for 3 days, but I am still having some grains.. brown rice, oatmeal, millet, ect.  I haven't had any fruit, but will probably add a piece a day as I'm starting to feel constipated.  
  I wanted to know if Pau D'arco would be safe to drink, or caprillic acid.  I'm trying to up my use of fresh garlic and yogurt.  
  Also, are there any safe methods for treating a vaginal yeast infection during pregnancy, I called my OB's nurse and she was completely unsupportive of any thought of using tea tree oil or yogurt vaginally... she just kept telling me I NEED to use a medical treatment.  So, I gave in to Monistat, but would prefer natural methods in the future.  My last pregnancy, I had 7 infections, so evidently the creams don't help cure anything.  Anyhow, sorry to babble, thanks for listening.  :)
Anita

Offline LoveSunflowers

• Master
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2007, 04:07:14 AM »
I'm posting here because I don't want to get in trouble for starting a new thread.  ;D I've read through the above posts and some say to avoid rosemary during pregnancy in the herb form. I just ordered high vitamin Cod Liver Oil from Green Pastures (recommended by the Weston Price Foundation) and it contains rosemary oil. Would one avoid this if they were pregnant? Just looking for opinions. Does anybody else use this brand while pregnant? I find it it difficult to believe that they would recommend this brand and not mention the caution on Rosemary oil for pregnant and or nursing woman. Thanks!
Jessica

SagorFamily1611

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2007, 05:32:29 AM »
Most herb doses are definitely to be monitored, especially during pregnancy.  As far as red raspberry, I have heard things on both ends of the spectrum, and everything in between.  As a rule of thumb, low doses are safer, but since red raspberry has so many benefits, it would be a shame to miss out on them by setting unnecessary limits.  I'd say talk to whoever you trust with your pregnancy care because they know your situation more thoroughly, then do a little responsible reading and make an informed decision based on the advice in combination with what you find.       ~L

According to Dr. Christopher, you cannot overdose on Red Raspberry tea, even while pregnant. If you are taking the pills I don't know... :) Also according to Dr. Christopher and the midwife he has teach their midwifery classes you are supposed to drink as much red raspberry tea as you can throughout your entire pregnancy and do more as you come to time to deliver.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 05:36:21 AM by SagorFamily1611 »

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2007, 05:57:16 AM »
I'm posting here because I don't want to get in trouble for starting a new thread.  ;D I've read through the above posts and some say to avoid rosemary during pregnancy in the herb form. I just ordered high vitamin Cod Liver Oil from Green Pastures (recommended by the Weston Price Foundation) and it contains rosemary oil. Would one avoid this if they were pregnant? Just looking for opinions. Does anybody else use this brand while pregnant? I find it it difficult to believe that they would recommend this brand and not mention the caution on Rosemary oil for pregnant and or nursing woman. Thanks!
Jessica

I am a member of a NT yahoo group for my area and the pregnant women on the list take this and I've not heard about any problems with it. If I could have afforded to buy it, I would have definitely taken it throughout my last pregnancy.

WR
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline herbs girl

• Master
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2007, 06:22:29 AM »
Well I think its ok in that sense, because the VERY high quality fish oil supplement formulated by Dr. Raffelock from Pregnancyrecovery.com has rosemary oil in it.  It is in the Before Baby Boost  oils supplement. I emailed Dr. Raffelock and he emailed me back the same day!!  You could ask him about the rosemary oil in that supplement, but it has been clinicly tested  on pregnant women I think? 

Offline LoveSunflowers

• Master
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2007, 08:44:01 AM »
Thanks! I just wanted some opinions with others that have more knowledge about herbs than me. We were given some extra money for a "baby or whatever else you need" gift. We didn't need anything for Jonah really, but I thought it would be great for both of us to take the CLO. I doesn't taste too bad, I just keep burping up Rosemary.  ;)
Jessica

Offline diaperswyper

• Adept
  • A DOUBLE BLESSING!!
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2007, 06:40:09 AM »
    I don't know that this would be called a herb but does anyone know if flax seed oil is safe to take while pregnant?

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2007, 06:45:17 AM »
Yes, I took it throughout my last pregnancy.
WR
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!