Tonsilloliths (tonsil stones)
Okay, here's what little I know about tonsil stones.
The medical community only treats the symptoms. Usually, an ENT or Dentist is more familiar with them than other medical practitioners. Tonsilloliths are bits of bacteria that have taken up residency in the pockets in your tonsils.
After a few bouts of sinusitis and/or tonsillitis, apparently the inflamed tonsils get a little wrinkly and form pockets where these little bits start to form and grow. When a tonsil stone reaches a certain size, you will feel like a piece of hair or husk from a bit of food has stuck there and is scraping your throat. If you don't have a powerful gag reflex, you may be able to reach back and get rid of it yourself. Otherwise, you'll find yourself at the doctor's office.
Some people rig up their own contraptions to remove these, but I'd be leery of that. You don't want to accidentally swallow whatever you're using to get at the area.
I've read articles that surmise that these are caused by eating sugars, junk food & etc. I've seen where others say that these stones are little bits of food that accumulate. However, I've tested both of these theories. People on zero sugar (not even fruit) and LONG fasts have still produced tonsil stones. So, the stones themselves aren't little bits of food or directly caused by diet.
I believe that the likely culprit is post nasal drip. There are drainage ducts from your sinuses near where your tonsils are positioned. This mucus runs over the tonsils and gets deposited into the crevices in the tonsils.
Md's treatment for tonsil stones often includes antibiotics and/or removal of the tonsils. However, a tonsillectomy is a serious surgery, and I would not recommend it. Antibiotics (in my opinion) would actually worsen the condition as it would remove any good bacteria present and allow the bad guys to overtake the region. Many people have enjoyed a lifetime free of tonsil stones only to be plagued with them after several rounds of antibiotics.
I would look for items in my daily diet that might be mucus producers. You may think that your drainage is due to environmental factors. It has been my experience that a person starts to react to environmental allergens when the system has become overburdened with so-called foods that it cannot process properly. So, you will likely find that things like hayfever or seasonal allergies are reduced or go away when you start eliminating certain foods from your diet.
Where to start? I would first look for anything that has non-food items in it. In other words, read labels. If you can't purchase it from a farmer, you probably shouldn't be eating it. Your body just doesn't know what to do with red food dye, nitrates, and nitrites. It wasn't designed to handle them other than to produce mucus (or some other allergic symptom) to try and rid itself of the foreign element. Once you've eliminated this, list foods that you crave. Most likely, these are foods that trigger symptoms. Phase these out of your diet also. If you have doubts about a food. Wait a couple of weeks and reintroduce that item. Record your symptoms for 48 hours, and then decide whether or not to keep it in your diet. You'll find that physical cravings go away after about 3 days (or sooner) when you eliminate the item.
Using this method you can greatly reduce, if not eliminate, your allergic reactions. After some time, you may even find that you are able to reintroduce foods that gave you problems before when you were toxic. It may be as simple as using organic ingredients because you were reacting to the non-organic version.
In addition to these steps, I would look for an affordable air filter. If you aren't using anything now, a cheap one is better than nothing. Look into getting a Kombucha mushroom and some Kefir grains to help boost the good bacteria in the area. Lastly, if you can afford it, replace amalgam fillings with composite ones. IMO those metal fillings contribute to the condition.
Until you get the mucus under control a 50/50 solution of hydrogen peroxide and water will help the condition. Just gargle daily and you should start to see results in a couple of weeks.
In the meantime, if you get ahold of one of those things, beware of smelling them. They have a very pungent sulfur odor.