Author Topic: Yeast Assassin & Tummy Tuneup: Dosage & Duration  (Read 62747 times)

Offline savedbygrace

• Adept
Re: Yeast Assassin & Tummy Tuneup: Dosage & Duration
« Reply #120 on: December 16, 2006, 04:51:18 PM »
Sorry if this has already been answered.... I was wondering why it is bad to give children yeast assassin and also why is the "Ultra 3 Immune" part of the Anti-Yeast Pack.  Does it help with the detox symptoms?

Offline maideninwaiting

• Adept
« Reply #121 on: December 26, 2006, 08:37:18 PM »
Could someone please remind me of how I should take TT6 and YA together for suspected Candida/LGS? I also have indoor cats, so am looking forward to getting rid of any lurkinf parasites as well.
I just ordered these two products. And my specific questions are:

-How many of each capsule to I take daily??

-How long do I take them? Is this a "forever" thing or just until symptoms disappear? Even if symptoms do leave and the yeast is under control, should I take it occasionally to kill any new yeast? How often?

-Could any of the ingredients in either if these products be harmful when taken long term? What if you are taking YA and then find yourself pregnant (coming from a quiver-full heart)? Can it harm the baby before you know of your pregnancy in time to stop taking it?

Thanks!!
"I am the LORD: For they shall not be ashamed that wait for me." Isaiah 49:23

Offline savedbygrace

• Adept
« Reply #122 on: January 03, 2007, 05:42:29 AM »
Sorry if this has already been answered.... I was wondering why it is bad to give children yeast assassin and also why is the "Ultra 3 Immune" part of the Anti-Yeast Pack.  Does it help with the detox symptoms?

bump

Offline savedbygrace

• Adept
« Reply #123 on: January 07, 2007, 08:06:42 PM »
bump ;D

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #124 on: January 08, 2007, 05:11:24 AM »
Sorry if this has already been answered.... I was wondering why it is bad to give children yeast assassin and also why is the "Ultra 3 Immune" part of the Anti-Yeast Pack.  Does it help with the detox symptoms?

Swallowing the capsule is the main question. If he can swallow a capsule, YA would probably be okay if you decrease the dosage according to weight.

Quote from: BeeyoutifulGirl
Keep out of reach of children. Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Discontinue if unusual symptoms occur.

CONTRAINDICATIONS: None. Some individuals may develop a sluggish feeling as the toxins are being expelled from their body. If this happens, just decrease the dosage. This feeling should subside as your system is cleansed.

I know that for pregnant women, the reason stated is that all essential oils are potentially dangerous as they can stimulate contractions and therefore cause a premature birth.

I can't find anything that says why nursing mothers should not take it. Half of the internet references say "No known contraindications."  The other half say "See your doctor before taking if you are pregnant or nursing."

I found NO references to Black Walnut Hull or Wormwood being dangerous for children, and a couple places where it is used frequently in 3rd world countries to control parasites. However, I did see "keep out of reach of children" on tincture bottles containing a parasitic blend.

So... We (beeyoutiful, welltellme) are not doctors and cannot give medical advice that is absolute. We can only give opinions, or risk being sued to death. If it was my kid - and they had yeast or parasites, I'd give them YA according to weight. We did tell a lady in a 3rd world country that she could sprinkle it on pizza for her kids to eat, to kill parasites.

Capsules are dangerous for kids that cannot swallow capsules.

That's about as definite as I can get...

I personally wouldn't have any hesitations giving this to my kids if I thought they needed it.  So far, I've not found that their symptoms warrant it, but I'm watching.  Right now, they are on a steady diet of yogurt, kefir and kombucha and I throw some Tummy Tuneup in the mix every now and again.

Ultra 3 Immune A powerful blend of Allicin from Garlic, Elderberry extract and Olive Leaf for strong immune defense.

Garlic is antiparasitic and antifungal.  And this particular suplement provides garlic at it's strongest potency in supplement form.  Eating fresh would be much better, but this is definately a good substitute for the squeemish.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 05:13:45 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline hollyolly123

• Adept
« Reply #125 on: January 18, 2007, 07:05:04 PM »

By the way, all probiotics will succumb to heat and humidity... even non-milk based ones. If you are taking Primal Defense, Beeyoutiful.com probiotics, or any other probiotic remember to reseal the bottle each time you use it, and to keep it in a cool, dry place. You'll always get more for your money that way.

--gabe[/size]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Ok, I've had my tummy tune up for several months (using it just here and there) and I tried to open a capsule the other day- and it is no longer powdery, it is like hard chalk.  The humidity seems to have gotten to it.  Does that mean it's gone bad?  Do I need a new bottle?  I was just going to start the yeast cleanse diet with my daughter too :'(.

Offline hollyolly123

• Adept
« Reply #126 on: January 19, 2007, 07:15:10 AM »
bump

Offline pdg4kids

• Learning
« Reply #127 on: February 02, 2007, 06:32:53 PM »
i have been reading and reading regarding parasites. I am convinced that our family has this issue to contend with . I am curious as to the Ultra 3 immune and YA
My children are 13, 12, 6 and 4  They will not eat garlic out right ( neither can I) , and so my first question , is do you put the cut /crushed cloves in something?  I see where YA (though Not promoted for child use) dosage is mentioned for children - anyone have recommendation on what that dosage is?
Is Ultra 3 immune a good alternative for Chicken Mom in lieu of YA??? i have read where it is the Allicin (sp?) that is the antiparasitic agent in garlic which is emitted when the garlic is crushed/cut. THUS rendering the powder or capsuled forms not as effective for anitparasitics?
  I have been taking probiotics daily since i had triple dose of antibiotics for a tooth infection a year ago. it keeps the symptoms at bay but i am sure i need to take YA, just not wanting to have to take that forever and i don't want to have to take YA AND an anti para treatment too! 
sorry if this has been addressed, but i have read and RE read on this and am just tired and wanting to get hold of this as soon as i can at this point.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 06:42:58 PM by pdg4kids »

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #128 on: April 24, 2007, 07:07:12 PM »
This may not be the right thread but it should be close enough. I have a quick question for everybody- is Yeast Assassin a hard tablet or powder in a gelatin capsule? I ask because I'm thinking about taking it but I stick to gelatin capsules because I don't break down hard pills well. Thanks Blessings ~herbalmom

Offline StephTallent

• Adept
    • Beeyoutiful
« Reply #129 on: April 24, 2007, 08:16:32 PM »
This may not be the right thread but it should be close enough. I have a quick question for everybody- is Yeast Assassin a hard tablet or powder in a gelatin capsule? I ask because I'm thinking about taking it but I stick to gelatin capsules because I don't break down hard pills well. Thanks Blessings ~herbalmom

Its powder in a capsule.   :)
Do not become so focused on where you are, and the destination you forget from whence you came. Concentrate not on what is to be attained so that you forget to extend encouragement, love and help to those behind.

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #130 on: April 24, 2007, 08:46:47 PM »
Thanks Steph. Blessings ~herbalmom

Offline Mrs. Visionary

• Adept
    • PureBulk, Inc.
« Reply #131 on: April 25, 2007, 07:24:49 PM »
I'm just wondering if the Acidophilus Blast is okay sitting out on the counter or whether I should be keeping it in the refrigerator.

Offline Kati*did

• Master
« Reply #132 on: April 26, 2007, 02:18:41 AM »
I'm just wondering if the Acidophilus Blast is okay sitting out on the counter or whether I should be keeping it in the refrigerator.

It's better to keep it refrigerated.   :)
"...plain Kate, and bonny Kate, and sometimes Kate the curst..."

Offline Mrs. Visionary

• Adept
    • PureBulk, Inc.
« Reply #133 on: April 26, 2007, 05:20:28 AM »
Okay, thanks!

Offline westernmama

• Adept
    • Cheap Pregnancy Tests
« Reply #134 on: August 28, 2007, 01:10:48 PM »
I'm getting ready to begin my regimen of YA and TTU.  I was wondering if I could hear anymore encouraging testimonies about how YA helped you ladies.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #135 on: August 30, 2007, 05:40:44 PM »
I'm getting ready to begin my regimen of YA and TTU.  I was wondering if I could hear anymore encouraging testimonies about how YA helped you ladies.
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,2974.msg24513.html#msg24513
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline westernmama

• Adept
    • Cheap Pregnancy Tests
« Reply #136 on: September 03, 2007, 05:11:09 AM »
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,2974.msg24513.html#msg24513

Thanks, HB!

I have one more question before I begin.  Is it okay to take YA and TTU while nursing a 10mo about 3 times a day?  I was planning on weaning him completely to goat's milk, but I always dread weaning a little bit - especially since he's so young.  :-\  But I really want to do a cleanse like this before I get pregnant again.  I'm hoping it will help with morning sickness next time around.  I can only remember the reason for not taking YA while nursing as being given that it dries up your milk.  Is there any other reason not to take it?  Die-off reactions, perhaps?  I do not want to take anything that would hurt my baby.

Offline Peg4Jesus7

• Adept
« Reply #137 on: October 31, 2007, 06:00:05 AM »
.....but I know I love sugar and bread.....so knowing that they love sugar then that is what makes me think I might.  I have had cancer, tummy problems (I thought it was from my 2 c-sections), and bathroom troubles.  Sometimes my tummy is so loud that people can hear it from across the room.  When I was pregnant one of the nurses said that my tummy was so bloated that she thought I was a diabetic.  Which after having my child, the bloating never went down.

Just browsing re. candida, when I came across this.  This could be a case of CELIAC (gluten intolerance).  My mom had diarrhea for several years, and her stomach was so bloated that she looked pregnant (after menopause).  Her doctors could never figure it out, until one dr. suggested a simple blood test for celiac, which turned out to be positive.  This took several years to figure out, when a simple blood test could have shown it right away.

Apparently, it is a test given routinely to children in other countries, and diet can then be adjusted accordingly.  Her doctor told her that if she had been diagnosed with celiac early in her life, she probably would not have developed insulin-dependent diabetes in her third pregnancy (which never went away).

Gluten is in so many foods, not just bread.  My mom has to be extremely careful of what she eats and eating out is nearly impossible.  A few restaurants offer gluten-free items, and her grocery store is starting to offer more gluten-free items as well.

I thought this was worth mentioning, since it doesn't seem that the medical community is as aware of this condition as it should be.  Hope this can help someone!

Blessings,
Peg
"The LORD your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.” Zeph. 3:17

Offline amy3js

• Master
« Reply #138 on: January 30, 2008, 10:37:39 PM »
I would go with the "as needed" idea and base it on several things;

Your weight

Yeast infection condition (mild/advanced?)

Your diet (a lot of sugar or none?)

If you have an ongoing infection, and are not pregnant or nursing, I would take double the amounts of YA and TT for 3-5 days while going off of sugar and yeast TOTALLY.

For another week I would take the recommended doses while staying off of sugar and yeast.

Then, I would continue to take the supplements at recommended dosages until I ran out while going back to my regular diet (although I'd try to convert to sourdough breads and honey treats.)

Just my opinion.  ;D

Rebekah, would you (or anyone else in the know  ;)) still suggest taking double the dosage for 5 days? I am expecting my YA and TT in the next week and I plan on starting right away, but I am a little nervous about taking this much. I would like to take it though if it is relatively safe and if I know what to watch for, if anything.

Also, I did not order the Acidopholus blast just the TT original blend. Would the AB help me that much more than the TT? Or will they both do about the same? And is it ok to take both AB and TT at the same time? I'm thinking it would be fine? Thanks to everyone who contributes so much to these threads!  :)

Edit: I should add that I am pretty sure I have a BIG yeast problem, I have always had a pretty sugar filled diet and..well...I've got some weight to lose. ::)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 10:40:56 PM by amy3js »
You get what you get, what matters is what you do with it.

Offline amy3js

• Master
« Reply #139 on: January 31, 2008, 11:28:45 AM »

Your weight

If you have an ongoing infection, and are not pregnant or nursing, I would take double the amounts of YA and TT for 3-5 days while going off of sugar and yeast TOTALLY.

For another week I would take the recommended doses while staying off of sugar and yeast.

Then, I would continue to take the supplements at recommended dosages until I ran out while going back to my regular diet (although I'd try to convert to sourdough breads and honey treats.)

Just my opinion.  ;D

Rebekah, would you (or anyone else in the know  ;)) still suggest taking double the dosage for 5 days? I am expecting my YA and TT in the next week and I plan on starting right away, but I am a little nervous about taking this much. I would like to take it though if it is relatively safe and if I know what to watch for, if anything.

Also, I did not order the Acidopholus blast just the TT original blend. Would the AB help me that much more than the TT? Or will they both do about the same? And is it ok to take both AB and TT at the same time? I'm thinking it would be fine? Thanks to everyone who contributes so much to these threads!  :)

Edit: I should add that I am pretty sure I have a BIG yeast problem, I have always had a pretty sugar filled diet and..well...I've got some weight to lose. ::)
Bump.  ::) :)

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #140 on: January 31, 2008, 01:14:14 PM »

Your weight

Just my opinion.  ;D

Bump.  ::) :)

Taking large doses of any probiotic is fine.  The worst thing I can think of that could happen is it might make you really regular if you know what I mean.   ;)  Otherwise, probiotics are very good for you and can't do anything but help IMO.

patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline amy3js

• Master
« Reply #141 on: January 31, 2008, 01:17:32 PM »
Thank you, thats kinda what I figured with the probiotic. I'm still slightly concerned about the YA though since it has more heavy duty stuff.  ???

Offline amy3js

• Master
« Reply #142 on: February 05, 2008, 11:24:41 AM »
Ok I got my YA and TT today and will be starting it today. I am going to go ahead and double the dose for 5 days, but if anyone thinks there is anything in the YA that would cause problems at that much of a dose let me know. After researching the ingredients a little more I still feel ok about it. Has anyone else taken double doses?

Offline Kati*did

• Master
« Reply #143 on: February 05, 2008, 01:31:22 PM »
I'll just throw out a thought based on personal experience.  I don't think there's a problem with taking that much YA, but if you do detox it might be in a huge way.  Make sure you're drinking LOTS of water and that you don't become constipated at all.  If your body does significantly detox and you aren't getting the toxins out on a regular basis, it will be unbelievably miserable.  :P  I hope everything goes well.   :)
"...plain Kate, and bonny Kate, and sometimes Kate the curst..."

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #144 on: February 05, 2008, 01:39:26 PM »
I'll just throw out a thought based on personal experience.  I don't think there's a problem with taking that much YA, but if you do detox it might be in a huge way.  Make sure you're drinking LOTS of water and that you don't become constipated at all.  If your body does significantly detox and you aren't getting the toxins out on a regular basis, it will be unbelievably miserable.  :P  I hope everything goes well.   :)
On this note, you might want to take a daily dose of crushed flax seed.  This is a good source of fats, but it's also a terrific fiber that will help things "move along".  1-2 T per day is a good way to go.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline amy3js

• Master
« Reply #145 on: February 05, 2008, 02:26:51 PM »
Thank you guys. I will definitely get some flax and I have been downing the water, but more could never hurt.  ;) :)

Offline firecattx

• Adept
« Reply #146 on: February 05, 2008, 08:11:27 PM »
Can you take TTU and YA at the same time or will it cancel each other out?

Offline amy3js

• Master
« Reply #147 on: February 05, 2008, 08:16:05 PM »

I asked this question on another thread, but I haven't found an answer yet.  I have been taking the YA with a meal and then the TT an hour or two later, but I am worried they are ineffective that close together. Anyone know the answer?

Offline firecattx

• Adept
« Reply #148 on: February 06, 2008, 06:36:26 AM »

bump

Offline amy3js

• Master
« Reply #149 on: February 06, 2008, 11:01:23 PM »

bump

;D