Author Topic: SuperKids Vitamins are Here! FAQs  (Read 39526 times)

Offline WVCountryRoads

• Learning
SuperKids Vitamins are Here! FAQs
« on: December 09, 2006, 12:39:27 PM »
I was just wondering how much longer until the Super Kid vitamin will be available? We are getting low on our Shaklee's, and would rather support Beeyoutiful than Shaklee.  :-*

Offline petrimama

• Master
    • My blog...
Re: SuperKids Vitamins are Here! FAQs
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 02:11:51 PM »
I'd love to know too.  I used to use Shaklee but then I found one called Kids Complete.  It's a great whole food supplement and you can get it at organicpharmacy.com or amazon.com.  I would love to support Beeyoutiful as well, but I have to admit I LOVE this vitamin.  It doesn't have sugar , so it's gross but in my opinion that's a good thing.  My kids take it out of obedience rather than excitement, but at least I don't have to worry about them overdosing like I did with the gummy ones!   ;D  My 2yo used to beg for more of those the one time I bought them!!  ~L

Offline ShabbyChic

• Master
  • Wife, mom, motorcycle enthusiast, and chocoholic.
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 04:29:10 PM »
If I can request a liquid Super Kid vitamin, that'd be great. 

My son will not put a tablet into his mouth (good and bad).   He doesn't understand to chew, he thinks I want him to swallow it.  So Liquid-Lea (from Shaklee) is all he'll take, and I too would rather support BeeYoutiful.
That's Shabby SHEIK not Shabby CHICK.  Hee-hee.

Offline Simply Kristen

• My weekly podcast that explores all aspects of healthy living.
  • Master
    • SimplyKristen Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 06:10:01 PM »
I have no authority on this subject.....But this is what was passed to me:
Once I made a Beeyoutiful order by phone.
The man on the phone said Superkids will be a chewable vitamin (using fruitjuice to make it taste good). I believe he said Spring was their ETA (estimated time of arrival). 

HTH

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 06:42:56 PM »
That's the plan. We've been having it "formulated" with all our required ingredients, etc... and the first formulation is complete, and being "tested." It's supposed to be a gummy with no sugar - but still yummy tasting too. Keep your fingers crossed! I might trade in my Supermom vits for Superkid instead if they taste as good as we hope they will.  ;)

-Rebekah
Honey Sunny in complete exasperation:
"JOE!!! You DOUGHNUT COCONUT COCONUT COCONUT!!!"

Offline KatieMac

• Master
  • Alice Magdalene
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006, 08:39:47 PM »
Haha...I've been known to eat my kid's fruit juice flavored gummi bear vitamins...I open the bottle and the smell just seduces me! I like them better than plain old sugary gummi bears.

Offline his.silly.wife

• Master
  • Psalm 100:5
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2006, 03:48:35 AM »
Haha...I've been known to eat my kid's fruit juice flavored gummi bear vitamins...I open the bottle and the smell just seduces me! I like them better than plain old sugary gummi bears.

The only supplement I can get my dh to volunteer to take is the children's gummi bear vitamins.   ;D  We might have to switch from SuperDad for these.
Like NoGreaterJoy?  Sign up on fellowshipdirectory.com to meet others like you.

Offline MarkTracy

• Learning
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 02:58:00 AM »
Fun!  I'm glad this is in the works!
This is what the LORD says:  "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls."  Jeremiah 6:16

Offline healthnut

• Adept
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 06:43:16 PM »
Any chance we have a possible "due date" for the Superkids? I am pregnant and can't swallow a pill for anything. :P  The doc told me to use Flintstones from the grocery store, but I would really prefer to take Superkids!!! ;)

Offline homeschooling madre

• Adept
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2007, 05:09:46 AM »
BUMP BACK UP TO THE TOP!

Offline KatieMac

• Master
  • Alice Magdalene
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2007, 06:03:26 AM »
While I'm waiting I use Little Critters...I know they sell them at Wal-mart and Target. They at least don't have artificial colors and flavors and they are made with fruit juice, so they are better than the Flintsones vitamins.

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2007, 07:58:34 AM »
Any chance we have a possible "due date" for the Superkids? I am pregnant and can't swallow a pill for anything. :P  The doc told me to use Flintstones from the grocery store, but I would really prefer to take Superkids!!! ;)

Can you swallow a very small pill? Now brand Special 2 is the Now brand version of Super Mom. It comes in vegi caps which are powder inside of a capsule. If you can swallow a small capsule you could get the smallest empty gelatin capsules & fill them with the powder from the Special one capsules. I know you would prefer Super Kids & it would be a little trouble but until Super Kids comes out it's got to be better than Flinstones. Once you can take full size pills again, you could switch to Super Mom. HTH Blessings ~herbalmom

Offline petrimama

• Master
    • My blog...
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2007, 12:48:54 PM »
As far a tiny vitamins goes, I once again have to vote for Kid's Complete.  Amazon.com has them.     ~L

Offline healthnut

• Adept
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2007, 09:35:06 PM »
Can you swallow a very small pill? Now brand Special 2 is the Now brand version of Super Mom. It comes in vegi caps which are powder inside of a capsule. HTH Blessings ~herbalmom
I can't swallow anything much bigger than a Sudafed ::) (is that the tiny round red one?) and I can't get the tiny empty capsules where I live, I already tried.

At this point I would be willing to be a guinea pig  :o and/or endorse Superkid as a chewable prenatal alternative. :D

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2007, 10:29:58 PM »
Can you swallow a very small pill? Now brand Special 2 is the Now brand version of Super Mom. It comes in vegi caps which are powder inside of a capsule. HTH Blessings ~herbalmom
I can't swallow anything much bigger than a Sudafed ::) (is that the tiny round red one?) and I can't get the tiny empty capsules where I live, I already tried.

At this point I would be willing to be a guinea pig  :o and/or endorse Superkid as a chewable prenatal alternative. :D

I think my local HFS carries the small capsules & I know they ship but even they may too big. I can check if you want me too. Yes Sudafed is the little red round ones. There is a really good hint for swallowing pills on a thread somewhere on WTM that my kids have tried & they say it really helps. The only other thing I can think of is to mix the Special 2 powder with just enough honey to stick it together, form it into small balls & freeze them & take those. ChopChop talks about making clove balls using this method in this thread:
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php?PHPSESSID=827fa254110e3cabc2ecac952e7cf115&/topic,2124.0.html

It would probably taste horrible but you could mix the Special 2 powder into a small amount of liquid & drink it. Just typing/thinking out loud, hopefully something helps. Blessings ~herbalmom

Offline shesaidthis

• Adept
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2007, 06:01:39 AM »
Wanted to bump this back up.  The last post was in January.  Does anyone know if this will indeed be ready this spring?  Maybe summer?
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results.  -- Albert Einstein

Offline healthnut

• Adept
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2007, 10:00:32 AM »
I would also like to know as I am holding on to a coupon that I want to use just for this, but it expires the end of the month.....

Offline Kati*did

• Master
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2007, 10:46:08 AM »
I would also like to know as I am holding on to a coupon that I want to use just for this, but it expires the end of the month.....

Hi Healthnut, I talked to someone at Beeyoutiful and they said the earliest SuperKid might be out is by May, so I would go ahead and use the coupon.  HTH   ;D
"...plain Kate, and bonny Kate, and sometimes Kate the curst..."

Offline homesteadmommy

• Adept
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2007, 02:42:51 AM »
that sounds great to me - do you know how much longer it will be - 6 wks. or 6 months?

Offline its_me518

• Adept
  • Check out GenuineAid.com for Natural Health info.
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2007, 02:01:47 PM »
Hi, we are definitely waiting for SuperKid!! Until then, do you know if it is ok to give either Supermom or Superdad to the kids (3 & 2) if you split it in half? I was just wondering... ??? Also, I have really been wondering.... maybe this if for ForeverGirl, but who owns Beeyoutiful and who actually came up with the vitamins? This might sound dumb, but it has something to do with the Pearls kids, right? ::) ??? ;D Thanx
http://www.GenuineAid.com is the Natural Health Blog for Nutrients and Benefits of Fruits, Vegetables, Berries, Nuts, Meats, Dairy, Herbs, and other Foods.

Offline its_me518

• Adept
  • Check out GenuineAid.com for Natural Health info.
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2007, 02:29:17 PM »
Hi, we are definitely waiting for SuperKid!! Until then, do you know if it is ok to give either Supermom or Superdad to the kids (3 & 2) if you split it in half? I was just wondering... ???

I'm hoping maybe someone will answer this question for me... Thanx!
http://www.GenuineAid.com is the Natural Health Blog for Nutrients and Benefits of Fruits, Vegetables, Berries, Nuts, Meats, Dairy, Herbs, and other Foods.

Offline StephTallent

• Adept
    • Beeyoutiful
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2007, 09:43:09 AM »
Just wanted to let everybody know that the anticipated arrival of SuperKids is the end of May! ;D

The idea for SuperKids and what formulation it would actually end up being has evolved quite a bit over the past few months of searching and researching.  In the end it has ended up being a liquid formulation that has a strong orange/citrus flavor to it.  It is free of salt, starch, yeast, wheat, gluten, milk, egg or artificial colors or flavors.  The only sweetener used is juice and Xylitol.   

Beeyoutiful is VERY excited to finally be able to offer a high quality children's vitamin to our customers.
Do not become so focused on where you are, and the destination you forget from whence you came. Concentrate not on what is to be attained so that you forget to extend encouragement, love and help to those behind.

Offline MrsStevens95

• Learning
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2007, 09:56:01 AM »
Awesome!  My kids (7 & 8) keep asking me when they will be out!  They will be so excited when I tell that their wait is almost over :)

Offline Shady Lane

• Adept
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2007, 10:03:54 AM »
Thanks for the update!  I was going to dig this thread up to ask about it when I logged on this time!   ;)

Offline healthnut

• Adept
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2007, 10:27:06 AM »
Whoo Hoo!!!!

We are Super excited about SuperKids!!!  :D ;) ;D

Offline likemanywaters

• Adept
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2007, 02:35:39 PM »
Bump, i'd love to know the answer to this too.
Hi, we are definitely waiting for SuperKid!! Until then, do you know if it is ok to give either Supermom or Superdad to the kids (3 & 2) if you split it in half? I was just wondering... ???

And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: and his voice was like a noise of many waters: and the earth shined with his glory.

-Ezekiel 43:2

Offline Kati*did

• Master
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2007, 02:44:14 PM »
Bump, i'd love to know the answer to this too.

It probably wouldn't be a good idea to give them SuperMom since it has iron in it.  Steve mentioned on here somewhere else that it might be ok to give kids around 10 or 11 and up a little bit of SuperDad although it isn't specifically designed for children.  A suggestion I received was to give small children (over the age of 1)  Bee Strong or bee pollen (if you're sure they have no allergies to bee products).  Just a thought.  :)
"...plain Kate, and bonny Kate, and sometimes Kate the curst..."

Offline Shady Lane

• Adept
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2007, 11:27:29 AM »
Just bumping this up again . . . I'm almost out of some things and really need to order very soon . . . but want to wait till SuperKid is available if I can . . . do you have a date for when you'll for sure have it???

(Sorry to keep bugging you folks!  I'm sure you only have so much influence on some things involved . . . but we're trying to be patient!!!)   :D

Offline herbs girl

• Master
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2007, 01:46:11 PM »
I emailed them and asked them, but they never got back with me yet. I think their trying to move right now!!

Offline healthnut

• Adept
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2007, 12:32:09 PM »
I also sent them an email and haven't received a response yet but they are moving. This was posted on their website:

"Shipping will be suspended 5/25 as we move our shipping department and inventory across country. Shipping will resume 5/29"

Also their email is having some problems:

"call us or email us, but don't use the email form on our page. It still doesn't work. *sigh*"

I figure it will take them a couple days to catch up on all the emails (not to mention orders ;) ) they have received while moving.  :D