Author Topic: Dental Cavities [Caries]: How to Fix [Heal] my Teeth Naturally  (Read 83000 times)

Offline Lizzy

• Adept
Re: Dental Cavities [Caries]: How to Fix [Heal] my Teeth Naturally
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2011, 05:49:49 PM »
I really recommend the book "Be your own Doctor"!
Who is the author? Thanks!

Offline herbalperson

• Learning
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2011, 03:15:35 PM »
I use plain baking soda and peppermint oil . then I rinse with water and Black walnut powder . all of it is really good for you and your teeth :-X
Beth

Offline Helen

• Adept
    • personal blog
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2011, 10:44:29 AM »
I use plain baking soda and peppermint oil . then I rinse with water and Black walnut powder . all of it is really good for you and your teeth :-X
Beth

Last fall I went to my dentist and was told it would take $8000. to fix my teeth. I almost passed out. They told me that there were a few teeth that had to be done immediately or I would loose 4 teeth by the next spring. To do that the immediate stuff would cost only about $4000. I cried all the way home. No way were we going to be able to pay $4000. on my teeth with winter approaching and my husbands business being very seasonal.  I started using straight melaluca oil on my cavities, This made the decay slow down majorly, but it didn't stop and it certainly didn't rebuild. I didn't loose any teeth and they hardly got worst at all. but still there is this gradual slide towards getting worst. I have never heard of black walnut powder for teeth. I can't wait to try it. What about black walnut tincture? Would that work? 

Offline tynnille

• Adept
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2011, 04:52:06 PM »
Check out the thread on Cod Liver Oil. From what I understand taking Cod liver oil with Butter Oil does amazing things in your body and has helped heal cavities and such for centuries. The book by Dr. Weston Price, Nutrition and Physical Degeneration, talks about this. And the follow up book/cookbook, Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon, is very helpful in explaining why we have such dental problems even though we brush everyday and go to the dentist frequently. I buy my Cod Live oil at Green Pastures. It is very expensive, but not nearly as expensive as the cost of a dentist. You can make butter oil pretty easily, the healthyhomeeconomist.com has articles and videos to show you how to make it and why Cod Liver oil is so important.
It is worth a try. Go for it. It can only help you .

Offline NicoleThomas

• Wide Eyed
    • NicoleThomas.net
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2011, 10:26:28 AM »
Has anyone here had success treating an abscessed tooth/gum infection with herbs and nutrition?

My five year old daughter has a cavity (now a large hole) between two of her molars. It has progressed to the point of developing an infection in the gum. The front of the two teeth is loose and the gum is loose next to the tooth. She is not in any pain. The dentist wants to give her an antibiotic, pull the loose (supposedly infected) tooth and fill the cavity on the other one. I am reluctant to pull the tooth as she will not get her molars in until she is 10 or 12.

We are on a strict diet (no sugar, grains, fruit, beans) and I just got some cod liver and butter oil to give her.

Please share if you have had any experience with this. Thanks so much!

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2011, 07:36:47 PM »
 Xylitol gel put on the teeth with a q-tip or toothbrush and not washed off 2x's a day.  We used only xylitol toothpaste (xyliwhite by NOW) and the straight xylitol gel (usually sold as baby gel) for our DD and her tooth remineralized well.  But you have to be consistent and you have to get rid of flouride.   Also, Weston Price recommends butter oil.  We tried it but found the xylitol to be just as effective (and way stinking cheaper!).
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline Jade

• Adept
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2011, 10:51:37 AM »
My husband had an abscess; it showed up as a pimple-like bump on his gums. We tried different things with varying degrees of success. In the end, though, no matter what we tried, it would never completely go away. He was extremely reluctant to return to the dentist, as the dentist he had been going to had been brushing off his concerns. ("Tooth hurts? Nah, nah, it's fine").

What finally got rid of it for good was a combo of white oak bark powder (capsules) and dandelion tincture. The combo, taken consistently, took care of the problem. The last time he went to his (new!) dentist, they told him there wasn't any sign of the abscess ever being there.  8) This is especially cool because of how long the abscess was there -- supposedly there's a very real chance that it could have eaten away part of his jaw bone by then, but according to his x-rays, there's no sign of it.

Herbalist Matthew Wood feels that white oak bark helps recalcify bone. Another herbalist mentioned dandelion being good for infections "down to the bone".

I'm not sure about doses with a young child. Something to be aware of: white oak bark is astringent; if she already happens to be suffer from constipation, it can make the condition worse.

I hope you find something that helps -- tooth problems are SO frustrating!

"I walk without flinching through the burning cathedral of the summer.  My bank of wild grass is majestic and full of music.  It is a fire that solitude presses against my lips."  ~Violette Leduc

Offline kcb

• Adept
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2011, 01:48:10 PM »
We have had excellent success with bad teeth with the Weston A. Price diet: grassfed/wild meats, fats, bone broth, CLO, butter oil, low sugar, low grains.  We also supplement with calcium, magnesium and a few others where needed. 
Kim

Offline KellyBecca

• No Posting (Banned)
  • Wide Eyed
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2011, 09:16:45 AM »
You might try black walnut powder and tincture. My 2-yo dd just fell and busted the tips off her front teeth, because i was afraid they might be painful i took her to a local hospital run clinic because our regular dentist was out for a long weekend! Wow, what horrors!!!! I got blasted for being such a rural podunk and for choosing not to give my children flouride drops! After just a glance and no real exam they wanted to refer her to the dental surgery center to be put to sleep because her teeth COULD abscess before they fell out and it could go to the pulp and next to her brain and she would die!!! talk about scare tactics! If that was not enough the dentist said that if i did not follow-up on the referral, he would report me to the DSS!!! So, to make a ridiculously long story shorter, I have researched the healing properties of black walnut powder & tincture and have been given personal testimonials that application of BW pwder and even minced bw applied directly to the specific area have brought about healing and restoration of enamel.
I am going to try this with my dd by brushing with a bw pwder paste and having her swish watered-down tincture, anything would be better than putting a 24lb baby to sleep, i think! Hope this helps you!!

Offline Helen

• Adept
    • personal blog
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2011, 09:35:34 AM »
Since I wrote on here in June 2011, I have started Dr Ellies teeth regime. And added swishing black walnut tincture at the end. This means I swish my mouth with Closys for one minute, followed by brushing (I use melaluca toothpaste) for 2 mintues, swishing with Listerine for one min, swishing with ACT for one min, swishing with Black Walnut tincture diluted for a few min followed by about 1/4 teaspoon xylitol. Yes, It sounds exhausting, but its working. Yes, it is actually working! I had  gum line cavaties along about 3 of my top teeth, and all my back teeth have gum line decay. I can not find anymore cavaties on the top, and my one tooth on bottom has filled in and healed with hard white tooth. Its too good to be true. I am just praying it will keep working!

Offline Jade

• Adept
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2011, 11:01:08 AM »
Yay, Helen! What great news! A few questions: do you mind sharing a rough estimate of how that costs per month? Did you have any cavities that were "inside" the tooth -- like, you can't visually monitor their progress from the outside? Do you think one particular product is doing the most good?  Also, do you intend to eventually go back to the dentist and him fall over in shock?  ;D

It sounds like you've found a regiment that is working for you. For others who are still searching, here are a couple of articles that are very interesting.

http://www.listen2yourgut.com/blog/nanoparticle-minerals-heal-tooth-decay-and-osteoporosis/

http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/2011/10/teeth-needing-root-canals-can-heal-with-diet-alone/
"I walk without flinching through the burning cathedral of the summer.  My bank of wild grass is majestic and full of music.  It is a fire that solitude presses against my lips."  ~Violette Leduc

Offline Helen

• Adept
    • personal blog
« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2011, 06:17:24 PM »
  Price? Its not that bad actually. I get most of the items from Amazon. I have amazon prime so free shipping. I never have kept track of the price or how much we use a month. Its easily under or around $20. plus the black walnut tincture. I use the black walnut from Natures Sunshine. I do intend to go back to the dentist someday. I have not been pregnant on this regime yet . My teeth deteriote terribly while pregnant.

Offline momofCE

• Learning
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2013, 04:09:06 AM »
I just came from the dentist yesterday, and he said he thinks the pain I was having is a gum infection.  My back tooth lays on the next tooth instead of being straight up, and makes a space that is hard to clean.  He gave me chlorhexidine rinse to use for two weeks.  I would love to know a better way because that stuff can stain teeth etc.  I have a  syringe the dentist gave me.  I was thinking about doing something like this:  oil pull with coconut oil and finely chopped garlic, or make "garlic tea" and squirt it in the space between the teeth with the syringe.  Or maybe clove tea or black walnut tea (I have the powder).  I would like to find something to kill the bacteria without damaging my teeth (which i suspect chlorexidine can do since it can stain teeth and increase plaque).  The gums are swollen, so I suspect it will be challenging to get to the bacteria.   I think even some herbal/natural things could damage enamel or discolor teeth, and I am not sure how long I would need to kill bacteria.  I would love to hear suggestions!

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2013, 06:09:38 AM »
The oil pulling alone is an excellent idea.  It wouldn't hurt to take garlic internally as well.  I am using oil pulling to fix a few teeth and some receeding gums right now and it works FANTASTIC!  Highly recommend it.
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2013, 11:39:03 AM »
Excellent ideas.

In addition we've had excellent results with using goldenseal for gum infections and deep abcesses. Use both internally and externally in this instance. Do not use if pregnant.

Offline khrys

• Adept
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2013, 11:55:55 AM »
My dentist gave me a prescription for chlorhexidine for my gums, which I decided not to fill because of side effects.  My gums are not painful, just inflamed.  I have been using vitamin C, CoQ10, and this peroxide wash:

http://www.amazon.com/Brushing-Rinse-Peppermint-16-Ounces/dp/B004AOLA3I/

Helpmeet to dh since 8/99, SAHM to ds1 (3/05) and ds2 (12/09)

Offline momofCE

• Learning
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2013, 10:23:35 AM »
Thank you for your replies!  I have been oil pulling, though not daily.  I put chopped up garlic in the oil a few times.  I am doing better, but can tell I still need to work on gum health.  I was wondering what form of goldenseal to buy to put on my gums. I have heard it is best not to put glycerine on teeth.   (And also what brands, types in general are good etc.)  I am also considering buying orawellness' brushing blend.