Author Topic: Die-Off from Candida/Yeast: Causes, Effects, Risks & Reduction  (Read 118648 times)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
  Counteracting Die-Off

When yeast cells are rapidly killed by the immune system, drug treatment, or dietary intervention, a "die-off" or Herxheimer reaction occurs. This reaction is caused by the massive release of toxins from dying Candida cells. Toxic proteins from the dead yeasts cross cell membranes, enter the bloodstream, and trigger an intense immune reaction.

Other death-stress chemicals cause direct cellular toxicity throughout the body. Immune/yeast complexes trigger the release of histamine, an irritating tissue hormone which initiates tissue inflammation and causes discomfort. Severe allergic and toxic reactions exacerbate the symptoms of Candida. Die-off reactions may last from a few days to a few weeks but usually clear up in less than a week.

Yeast Die-Off Inhibits Treatment

Die-off and the Herxheimer reaction occur when a larger number of yeasts die rapidly, releasing toxins and causing allergic reactions. A die-off reaction is especially pronounced when using powerful antifungal drugs like Nystatin that literally cause yeast cells to burst apart. Even though a strong die-off reaction causes a significant amount of discomfort, it is a sign of a successful treatment.

Perhaps one of the most unfortunate aspects of a severe Herxheimer reaction is that it may cause individuals to abandon a successful treatment prematurely. The Herxheimer reaction keeps many individuals indulging in their pro-yeast lifestyle like the withdrawal reaction keeps drug abusers addicted.

An effective means to reduce the discomfort of die-off is to take the supplement compounds listed under "Other anti-yeast supplements," (at left), drink plenty of fluids, and consume 30-40 grams a day of dietary fiber. That will deactivate, absorb and rid the body of toxic debris from dead yeasts.

I quit sugar (I mean all sugars) about 8 days ago.  For the last 3 days, I've had recurring yeast symptoms.  I started to get very upset thinking something was wrong.  According to the info above from a Candida website, these symptoms may be reasonable; however this article mentions nothing specifically about feminine and/or skin problems.

Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 04:32:14 PM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
Re: Die-Off from Candida/Yeast: Causes, Effects, Risks & Reduction
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 05:16:41 PM »
Yikes, I don't envy you!

It is important to drink, drink, drink LOTS of water to flush out that dying junk so that it doesn't come out on your skin, etc... Pee it out, if you can! I'd add lemon juice to the water.  Get lots of sunshine, and oddly - not much exercise - during the die-off.  Sleep more, and let your body heal.

If I were you, I'd be eating yogurt like crazy. Kefir would be even better, but plain yogurt will do. And if you are a hard core - yogurt enemas! Several tablespoons of plain yogurt or kefir in 4 cups of warm water makes two enemas. Hold inside you for 12-15 minutes each. I highly recommend doing this if you have yeast. You can also do this as a douche.   
This will help see you through the die-off at a faster rate. Or if you can, purchase a bottle of acidophilus and take it orally and in enema water.

If I were in your position - I'd be putting yogurt or acidophilus in both ends a couple times a day.  :P :P :P ;)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 04:38:13 PM by healthybratt »
Honey Sunny in complete exasperation:
"JOE!!! You DOUGHNUT COCONUT COCONUT COCONUT!!!"

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 09:13:44 AM »
Just try to speed it up by drinking lots of water, taking the Supermom, and continuing your no yeast/sugar diet. Stay with low carbs too. Die-Off usually lasts less than a week if you are eating right and taking the supplements. God bless your efforts!

Rebekah
Honey Sunny in complete exasperation:
"JOE!!! You DOUGHNUT COCONUT COCONUT COCONUT!!!"

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 10:36:45 AM »
I had been taking SuperMom for about 2 weeks when I noticed that every time I had sugar, I got tired and bloated and awful feeling.  I figure that the SuperMom has brought to the surface a yeast problem.  So, I have been off of sugar and yeast for almost two weeks and I was feeling much better UNTIL my order of Yeast Assassin and Tummy Tune-up arrived.  Now, I am miserable as the yeast dies-off.  Anyone have any suggestions on some relief as I go through the process?

If you can handle the symptoms, keep on trucking and drink lots of water.  Add a bit of lemon to it and eat lots of fiber to keep your tummy movin'.  Get lots of rest whenever you can.  I went through the same thing you are going through and the worst of it was over in a couple of days, then after about a week, I felt pretty good again.

Also, just for a bit of symptom relief, try some herbal tea with equal parts catnip, raspberry leaf and peppermint.  This is very soothing and it will help to ease headaches, nasea and tummy cramps.  One teaspoon of each will make a quart of tea you can keep in your fridge to keep handy for whenever.

It shouldn't last long, but if it's too much to handle slow down.  Take a smaller dosage and even add just a bit more sugar back into your diet.  Eat a good sugar with lots of fiber, like oatmeal with honey or a piece of whole wheat toast with real peanut butter.  This will slow the die-off down a bit and the fiber will keep you movin. ;) 
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 10:42:00 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Honey Bee

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 12:45:09 PM »
I survived the worst of the yeast die-off!!   Thank you for your suggestions, especially about lots of water!!

I know that sugar is not my friend and plan to keep it out of my diet.  I do have two questions, though:

1.  Do I continue to take YEAST ASSASSIN and TUMMY TUNE-UP until gone or do I need to always be taking these supplements?

2.  Do I eliminate yeast in my diet?  I was thinking about trying Eziekiel Bread but I saw that it has yeast in it. 

Thank you for any input.  I am such a novice at all of this.

Honey Bee(Melissa)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 01:11:19 PM »
Do I eliminate yeast in my diet?  I was thinking about trying Eziekiel Bread but I saw that it has yeast in it.

Yeast (candida) is naturally occurring in your intestines.  Avoiding excess yeast won't do any harm, but what will do the most good to keep it under control indefinately is not to kill and attempt to replenish the bifidobacteria and lactobacteria which coexist with the candida in your GI tract.  These bacteria actually feed on the candida and compete for nutrients which keeps the yeast pretty well under control.  Avoid antibiotics at all turns and if you can't, make sure you replenish the bacteria you killed by eating yogurt, kefir, fermented foods and probiotic supplements.  Avoid sugar as much as possible, especially in conjunction with antibiotics or during viral attacks to keep the candida from getting too much to eat while the bacteria are absent or disabled.  It's also been suggested that hormone based oral contraceptives may lend themselves to yeast overload. 
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline 3boysmyjoys

• Adept
  • My Three Boys And My Joy
    • Contenders for the Faith
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 04:07:46 PM »
Yes, we are trying to do the yeast-free diet. :P  It's a little bit involved so we are occasionally making a mistake.
Are there side effects to this diet.  We are all having worse symptoms than before.  (Eczema is worse, itching bottoms, dizziness, nausea, gas :-[...)  I figured this was from the yeast going out of our systems, but I wanted a little imput to see if anyone else has experinced this.

Also, Can you have potatoes?  One site said you could have minimal whole grains (Brown rice, red beans, couscous, barley.)  We 've been eating corn chips.  Is this a big no-no? ???

Offline SC

• Guru
  • Ephesians 5:2
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 04:46:28 PM »
CORN CHIPS???  :o :P

*deep breath in. exhale. good*
Okay, I'm better now.   :-[ ::)

Allright. First of all think of yeast as a plant that needs two things to grow: moisture and sugar. If you make bread, one of the steps is to place the yeast in some warm water with sugar and let it sit for a few minutes. This "sprouts" the spores and jump starts their growth.

Yeast doesn't only feed off of processed sugar, but it also feeds off of natural sugars. This means that honey, fruits, vegetables and grains which are high in carbohydrates will aggravate a yeast overgrowth. How? By affecting your blood sugar level. This is known as a high glycemic index.

Foods that further complicate an overgrowth of yeast are:
breads and grains (rice), white and/or yellow and/or red vegetables, fruits, processed foods (especially those with natural sugars, corn syrup, etc.) , cheeses, non-fermented milk products (the lactose in the milk)

{Corn chips are processed yellow vegetable grain products}

This leaves you with green vegetables, fermented milk products, meats and whatever else doesn't fall into the above category

Of course, once the yeast is under control, you can gradually start to add items back in like blueberries and strawberries, whole grain sprouted breads, brown rice, organic vegetables, etc. Products which are organic are more easily processed by your body. Products with more fiber (like brown rice vs white rice) have a lower glycemic index.

I hope your family is doing better soon. I'm sorry for gasping  :-[ ;D
I'm no doctor . . .             I'm not even a Post hole Digger! ;)

Offline 3boysmyjoys

• Adept
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 04:55:18 PM »
Okay! Okay! :-[  They were tortilla chips!  That's not AS bad, right? :-\ ;)

Offline 3boysmyjoys

• Adept
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 04:56:55 PM »
What about our symptoms?  Is this normal?

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2006, 05:53:00 PM »
Okay! Okay! :-[  They were tortilla chips!  That's not AS bad, right? :-\ ;)

Corn is very high in natural sugar. 
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline SC

• Guru
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2006, 07:03:14 PM »
We are all having worse symptoms than before.  (Eczema is worse, itching bottoms, dizziness, nausea, gas :-[...)  I figured this was from the yeast going out of our systems, but I wanted a little imput to see if anyone else has experinced this.
What about our symptoms?  Is this normal?

If you were consuming lots of sugar and processed foods before you started your attempt to kill the yeast, then you might be having a partial die off. I say partial because the yeast has been fed by the chips, grains, breads, etc. However, yeast are very hardy. It is more likely that the little varmints have noticed a decrease in the food supply and have begun to be more active, competing for what food there is.

One of the waste products of parasites is yeast. Parasites just LOVE carbohydrates. It is possible that their activity has increased as well, producing more yeast. This could explain the worsening symptoms of eczema, itching bottoms, dizziness, nausea, and gas. The dizziness could be the result of your body trying to deal with all of this by producing excess muccous that is pressing against the inner ear. This coupled with the other digestive problems would account for the nausea.

Don't get discouraged, you are on the right track. I understand about food cravings. A yeast overgrowth can actually cause them. You'd be surprised if you made a list of the foods you'd, "just love to have right now." Many of them will be high-carb, high glycemic index, sugary foods. Guess what helped make that list? Yep, that's right. Yeast.

Offline hermamaj

• Learning
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2006, 07:18:39 PM »
We are also trying to do this diet. It seems to be very expensive for our family of four. Any suggestions??

while my three year old was praying the other night she said "Jesus, you are the only stranger I love"

Offline 3boysmyjoys

• Adept
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2006, 06:00:29 AM »
[

You'd be surprised if you made a list of the foods you'd, "just love to have right now." Many of them will be high-carb, high glycemic index, sugary foods. Guess what helped make that list? Yep, that's right. Yeast.

So we were doing more damage than good with the chips. :P ::)

Okay, I made a list of my cravings:

A Brownie a la' mode
Fudge brownies
Butter crescent rolls
Reeses peanut butter cups
Sugar cookies (my sister-inlaws)
Peanut butter pie
Cream cheese danish
Bread!
Cake!
Cookies!
Bread!!
Cake!!
Cookies!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! :'( :'(

Will I survive? :-\

One good thing has come of this diet.  My threeyo hasn't wet the bed in 4 days!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 06:04:00 AM by 3boysmyjoys »

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2006, 06:54:44 AM »
We eat the low yeast diet all the time. I say low not no and it is more expensive.  we never bought a lot of junk food anyway.  I have always cooked from scratch.  One thing to remember about corn and peanuts is they are very prown to grow mold b/c of the way they are stored.  By the way peanuts are a big no no too.  I thought it was interesting how strawberries are a big allergic trigger for a lot of people and I was cutting up some "fresh" ones that had already started to mold and I wondered if there was a correlation.  Maybe people aren't allergic to the strawberry itself but maybe some unseen mold on it.  IT was just a thought.  Doug Kaufmann The Fungus Link, well any of his books really have a very easy too follow diet on it.  Easy in that it is laid out not that there is a lot to eat. :)  My problem with eating this way is that my 3 yr old especially says she is hungry ALL THE TIME. It makes me crazy b/c with it being more expensive anyway I am not going to let her eat all the time. Besides, I don't really think she is hungry.  You do tend to be more hungry on this but 15-30 mintues after we eat?  I don't think so. We have never been snackers anyway.  I wonder why everyone in my family is skinny but me?  HM.  ::)  Oh, a good "legal" dessert I make is cut up granny smith apples and sometimes I put raspberries with it(I use the frozen ones)and mix butter and cinnamon with it and bake it the ove with either pecans or walnuts.  It's quite tasty especially when you have all that sugar out of your system.  Depending on how strict you are being you can add a little honey too.  :)

Offline visionarymom

• Adept
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2006, 07:05:11 AM »
  I thought it was interesting how strawberries are a big allergic trigger for a lot of people and I was cutting up some "fresh" ones that had already started to mold and I wondered if there was a correlation.  Maybe people aren't allergic to the strawberry itself but maybe some unseen mold on it.  IT was just a thought.
[/color]

I recently read that most people who think they are allergic to strawberries actually are not. The reason for the statement was that strawberries have a very strong cleansing affect on the system. eating a lot at once often can cause hives and flushed face (toxins leaving through the skin).

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2006, 07:24:43 AM »
oh, thats very interesting

Offline refreshed

• Adept
    • Haven Baptist Fellowship
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2006, 08:47:09 AM »
We too are trying to do this diet, but we are modifiying it as my son has many allergies and my daughter is being treated for Crohn's disease.  Also, my kids too are always hungry and the veggies just aren't satisfying their hunger.  I can't help but think that although yeast may be a big problem in the foods we eat, God gave us these foods to eat for a reason.  Is it unrealistic to think that if I eat healthier (no grains and no refined sugar) that we will still feel better?  I want to make a lifestyle change that we can live with and not be tempted to cheat on.  And if we are at church or someone's house, I don't think reasonable to be able to only eat VERY limited foods, as you can't expect someone else to cook the way you do and alter their life for you.  Is it wrong to think that we should be moderate in approaching this diet?
Check out our family's and church website:
www.havenbaptistfellowship.com

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Rom 6:23)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2006, 10:26:58 AM »
You do tend to be more hungry on this but 15-30 mintues after we eat?  I don't think so.

In the book Protein Power the authors explain that your body digests your food types one at a time.  If I remember correctly, carbs come first.  Eating fats causes the body to store carbs instead of use them.  This is why the going craze is high carb/low fat, but your body needs good healthy fats and proteins.  So if you want to stay healthy, you have to kick the carbs to stop storing fat and stop feeding yeasts and when you do this, it actually speeds up your metabolism because your body no longer needs to digest the carbs and it won't process the majority of the fats either because no "storing" is taking place, so the body can get onto the proteins and they digest much more quickly.  This is why you can eat more and get hungry faster.  I've been on the "Protein/Atkins" diet and I was starving all the time and I could eat a double whopper from Burger king without the bun and 10 minutes later, be ready for another one.

I believe there is another piece to this puzzle, because I don't believe anyone needs to eat 6 whopper patties in 2 hours to sustain a healthy body.  So it might be an adjustment to detox or attempting to lose your carb cravings.  I'm still not sure.  Someone else might have some insight into this.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 10:28:38 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline SC

• Guru
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2006, 10:30:40 AM »
Remember that a yeast cleanse is just that, a cleanse. This is not a way of life or permanent change. This is for the length of time it takes to allow a balance between the good and bad bacteria to be established. If you "feed the yeast" with the notion that "it's okay just this once" or with the idea that you are being moderate, then you are no longer on a yeast cleanse.

Once a cleanse is complete, then you carefully select the foods you wish to reintroduce into your diet and take precautions to be sure good bacteria are well established in a friendly environment. In other words, figure out what killed off the good bacteria and allowed the yeast overgrowth in the first place and work to avoid those additives, foods, medications, etc. in the future.

I never expect others to cook as I do at get togethers. For family members that cannot partake of standard fare, I always take a lunch box and a drink container. Everyone else eats healthy at home so an occasional meal elsewhere won't throw them off. (But this is not true during a cleanse.)

A lot has to do with your outlook. Think of it as wearing a brace for a while until a limb can have opportunity to heal properly. Then you do some physical therapy to reintroduce the limb to normal use. The same is true of your digestive tract. You wouldn't go jogging "just this one time" or in "moderation" on a broken leg. You give it time to mend. Your digestive system needs the same consideration. Success or failure may be as simple as choosing a time when you aren't planning to attend a lot of social occasions.

Also, instead of looking at all of the "goodies" you cannot have, consider it an opportunity to be creative within boundaries. This doesn't have to be a bland or boring way to eat for a time. God has blessed us with much bounty. Make changes that you feel you can live with. Set a time limit on the ones you cannot maintain. Give your tastes a chance to change, and you'll be surprised how satisfied and how much better you'll feel.

Regarding the expense -- I'll be honest. When I stopped buying processed, canned, pre-mixed non-foods, I freed up money to invest in real foods. The actual expense to our family of four is the same. I spend more money on milk, but I don't buy chips and crackers. I spend more on organic chicken and brown rice pasta, but I don't buy lunch meat, canned meats, or cured meats. My shopping trips for food rarely takes me down any of the center aisles of the store. You'll find me in the dairy, produce and meat sections with occasional trips to frozen vegetables. Pound for pound the most expensive non-food item you can buy is breakfast cereal. We just redirected our funds.

Offline ~esposita~

• Master
    • Family Fotos
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2006, 05:58:34 AM »
...and eat lots of fiber to keep your tummy movin'.

Just a question on fiber - can you suggest some good sources?  My blank brain can only think of leafy greens (?) and Flax Seeds....
My attempt at blogging:  The Carpenter's Wife

Offline SteveTallent

• Adept
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2006, 03:23:12 PM »
Oops, I was trying to split a topic off and ended up deleting a post.  >:( My bad. I'll figure this thing out eventually.
Any health info, or dosage recommendations are strictly my opinion and are not to be construed as the opinion or recommendation of Beeyoutiful.com unless otherwise stated.

Offline cpsenter

• Adept
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2006, 08:39:43 AM »
Hi,
I had a question about the yeast free diet.  I saw on most lists of what not to eat during yeast free dieting it says not to consume vinegar.  I was looking on website of a Naturopath here close to home and on his list he says that you should stay away from vinegar but you can have "spectrum raw organice apple cider vinegar".  what do you guys think?  I don't want to be eating something that will only harm things but it sure would be nice to be able to use this on some yummy cucumbers?   :D  I will post the link to his list here.. tell me what you think please....
http://www.nutritionalconsultants.net/index.cfm?fuseaction=browse&pageid=129
also....
regarding yeast "die off".  I have  not started by yeast assassin yet b/c of finances but will soon but I am taking acidophilus and aloe vera juice along with the yeast free diet, my tummy has really started hurting some and I am going to the bathroom often (not loose stools just often) and I am also dizzy often.  I saw that someone said that it could be a diet off symptom so I am wondering if it coud be that or if maybe I am still doing something wrong with my diet.  I have not been watching my carbs as much... I have just mainly been trying to make sure its yeast free.  I have been having a rice cake and some veggies for lunch and then whole grain organic brown rice with some veggies and meat for dinner.  Is this too much rice/ too many carbs?  should I be limiting carbs too real strict?  I am not eating any fruit either so I feel like if I limit my carbs then I really just can't eat hardly anything but green veggies.  what do you think?
thanks so much!

Offline here-n-there-a-little

• Adept
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2006, 10:01:31 AM »
My husband has been taking Tummy tune-up (three caplets within six hours) due to severe diahrea and vomitting.  He says he keeps burping a rotten egg taste.  He hasn't eated in almost 24 hours and I was wondering if that was a result of a yeast die off??  I had trouble interpreting exactly what yeast die off symptoms were in the first post on this thread.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2006, 11:52:35 AM »
My husband has been taking Tummy tune-up (three caplets within six hours) due to severe diahrea and vomitting.  He says he keeps burping a rotten egg taste.  He hasn't eated in almost 24 hours and I was wondering if that was a result of a yeast die off??  I had trouble interpreting exactly what yeast die off symptoms were in the first post on this thread.

Many yeast sufferers, after starting a program for yeast control, have experienced a worsening of their condition. This can of course be a most unsettling and discouraging development and if not understood and addressed effectively, may not only forestall one's progress, but possibly bring it to a screeching halt. We therefore want to share our insights and strategies to minimize the chances of suffering unnecessarily from yeast die-off reactions.

Common yeast die-off symptoms, some individuals may develop one or several of these concurrently

Fatigue, brain fog, gastro-intestinal distress such as nausea, gas, bloating, diarrhea or constipation, low grade fever, headache, sore throat, body itch, muscle and / or joint soreness or pain, feeling as if  coming down with a flu...

[Yeast die-off reactions are] an indication that yeast cells are dying, usually in large numbers, and is more of an indicator of the system's toxic overload. More poisons are being released than the body can adequately cope with at one time. In most cases, yeast die-off is a sign that the system's eliminatory pathways are overburdened or as oftentimes happens, blocked, as in constipation and liver stress...from The Modern Herbalist

Counteracting Die-Off

When yeast cells are rapidly killed by the immune system, drug treatment, or dietary intervention, a "die-off" or Herxheimer reaction occurs. This reaction is caused by the massive release of toxins from dying candida cells. Toxic proteins from the dead yeasts cross cell membranes, enter the bloodstream, and trigger an intense immune reaction.

Other death-stress chemicals cause direct cellular toxicity throughout the body. Immune/yeast complexes trigger the release of histamine, an irritating tissue hormone which initiates tissue inflammation and causes discomfort. Severe allergic and toxic reactions exacerbate the symptoms of candida. Die-off reactions may last from a few days to a few weeks but usually clear up in less than a week.

Yeast Die-Off Inhibits Treatment

Die-off and the Herxheimer reaction occur when a larger number of yeasts die rapidly, releasing toxins and causing allergic reactions. A die-off reaction is especially pronounced when using powerful antifungal drugs like Nystatin that literally cause yeast cells to burst apart. Even though a strong die-off reaction causes a significant amount of discomfort, it is a sign of a successful treatment.

Perhaps one of the most unfortunate aspects of a severe Herxheimer reaction is that it may cause individuals to abandon a successful treatment prematurely. The Herxheimer reaction keeps many individuals indulging in their pro-yeast lifestyle like the withdrawal reaction keeps drug abusers addicted.

An effective means to reduce the discomfort of die-off is to take the supplement compounds listed under "Other anti-yeast supplements," (at left), drink plenty of fluids, and consume 30-40 grams a day of dietary fiber. That will deactivate, absorb and rid the body of toxic debris from dead yeasts...from Candida Yeast Protection Program
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline here-n-there-a-little

• Adept
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2006, 01:19:05 PM »
Thanks!  The quote from the Modern Herbalist was what I was looking for!

Offline maideninwaiting

• Adept
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2007, 11:56:11 AM »
I received my YA and TT-6 yesterday, but have not started taking them yet. I'm actually a bit afriad.  ;) I was wondering, are the die-off symptoms lessened when you take the TT6 with the YA?? And should you take the YA with a meal or on an empty stomach?
The only yeast (that I know of) that I eat is the small bit I use in my fresh ground, whole grain wheat bread. I try to avoid refined sugars and only eat whole grains, no "white" stuff. Is fresh fruits considered "sugar" when you're talking about a yeast problem?
Thanks!
"I am the LORD: For they shall not be ashamed that wait for me." Isaiah 49:23

Offline lavendergirl

• Adept
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2007, 01:29:25 PM »

Great question, I have YA and TTU8 that i just received and i to am a bit fearful. I also got Supermom so that adds to the detox so it seems ???

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2007, 02:11:29 PM »
Hey gals! Go ahead and start ;) come on... ;D it will be great...
I have gone slowly and had alot of detoxing to do. It can get rough for a few days at a time at worst, but it is soooo worth it. If you don't have big problems you probably won't have too much die-off/detox symptoms. If you have big problems you will feel WONDERFUL the cleaner you get. Just drink alot, etc...and you'll be glad you did this ;D :D ;D :D

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2007, 02:22:06 PM »
Here www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,11.0html BeeyoutifulGirl says to take Yeast Assassin and TT together to help your intestines function normally...Anything that helps you eliminate efficiently is going to minimize detox.
We took them both at the same meal ???
Take your yeast assassin in the middle of your meal to minimize any after-flavors ;)