Author Topic: Here is my game plan - how does it sound?  (Read 7057 times)

Offline Danswifey

• Learning
Here is my game plan - how does it sound?
« on: January 18, 2007, 06:33:23 PM »
After spending way too much time on here, lol, I think know my problem. 

Here are my symptoms:

-My scalp is dry, itchy and has increased white flakes
-I'm shedding like crazy (I'm about 4 months post partum but this seems beyond normal)
-I CRAVE sugar and eat cookies and junk often instead of meals
-gassy  :-[
-Even with 9 hours of sleep I wake up so groggy and exhausted
-my bowel movements are these hard little nugget things
-brain fog/ I just don't feel like I'm thinking as clearly as I should
-too sluggish and tired
-I don't "feel" I'm absorbing the nutrition I do consume
-dry skin

(I am nursing, btw.  I was much more disciplined when pregnant and did a make-shift brewer's diet along with fish oil, kefit, etc.)

So I think I have candida.  I want to remedy that and then do a liver cleanse. 

So for four weeks I'll eat no yeast and no sugar (yikes!!!) along with taking odorless garlic capsules and probiotics, daily vitamin, kefir, do the water cure, cod liver oil.

Then after four weeks I'll do a liver flush.  I want to try it three times. 

How does that sound?  I wish I could just take the yeast assassin but I don't want to dry my milk up.   :-\

How do I know for sure if I've killed any parasites before moving onto the liver flush?  I'm very nervous about that point.

And uhm.. the stones are supposed to come out in the poop, is that right?  How do you all know if you passed anything beyond just looking in the toilet?

Does all that sound okay?  Do you think my conclusions are correct?

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
Re: Here is my game plan - how does it sound?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 06:56:25 PM »
You can pass candida through breast milk (I think), why not bacteria.

just as a heads up, i believe i have done this.  it is not fun to have a toddler with it.  i hope you will be very careful to avoid sugar while you are nursing, and maybe only eat whole grains, until you are done nursing.  i am not sure there is a safe way to rid your body of the yeast without passing it to your baby even more because you are cleansing it.  make sense?  anyway, just thought you'd like to know.  hb is right.   :-\  i am paying the price now, for nursing for 16 mo.  sad but true.  i hope others will chime in with some advice.  i'm not sure what to tell you, cuz you don't want to cleanse it, but your breastmilk probably carries it anyway. 
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 05:03:42 AM by fivewittletids »
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline Danswifey

• Learning
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 07:32:56 PM »

just as a heads up, i believe i have done this.  it is not fun to have a toddler with it.  i hope you will be very careful to avoid sugar while you are nursing, and maybe only eat whole grains, until you are done nursing.  i am not sure there is a safe way to rid your body of the yeast without passing it to your baby even more because you are cleansing it.  make sense?  anyway, just thought you'd like to know.  hb is right.   :-\  i am paying the price now, for nursing for 16 mo.  sad but true.  i hope others will chime in with some advice.  i'm not sure what to tell you, cuz you don't want to cleanse it, but your breastmilk probably carries it anyway. 

Oh I didn't know that!  So is it okay to just take probiotics to combact the yeast or should I just ignore altogether?  Thanks for point this out! Hmmm what to do.. I have to deal with this yeast but I have a four month old baby who is way too young to wean!  Should I just wait two more years to kill the yeast?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 12:20:15 PM by healthybratt »

Offline KatieMac

• Master
  • Alice Magdalene
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 07:46:51 PM »
Oh I didn't know that!  So is it okay to just take probiotics to combact the yeast or should I just ignore altogether?  Thanks for point this out! Hmmm what to do.. I have to deal with this yeast but I have a four month old baby who is way too young to wean!  Should I just wait two more years to kill the yeast?

Probiotics are probably your best bet...they don't "flush out" the yeast so much as eat it, from what I understand. From what I can tell probiotics are the one thing that everyone should have and can only benefit people, never harm them reguardless of age or health.

I know Beeyoutiful is selling an anti-yeast kit that is safe for pregnancy and nursing...I plan to pick it up sometime. Check it out!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 12:20:45 PM by healthybratt »

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 09:36:49 PM »

I don't know how to weigh the risks on this, but if you don't deal with the candida, you will most likely give it to the baby anyway which could lead to digestive problems, reflux, colic, eczema, compromised immunity, etc.  Probiotics and garlic and a limited sugar diet sounds like the route I would take; however, I'm no pro at nursing.  I failed at it miserably three times.  I'm also not a health expert.  Having said that, I still wouldn't just ignore the problem.  The effects to baby could be much worse if you don't treat, than if you address the problem slowly and methodically.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 12:21:20 PM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 03:44:58 AM »
I know Beeyoutiful is selling an anti-yeast kit that is safe for pregnancy and nursing...I plan to pick it up sometime. Check it out!

That's what I was going to suggest too. Here's the link:
http://www.beeyoutiful.com/goodness/product_info.php/cPath/3/products_id/45
I'm thinking about getting this too. I know that I am at least going to get the Enzyme Digestive and Acidophilus Blast (I already have garlic) to add to my daily TTU. The holidays really threw off my progress and I now have a yeast infection that I want to get rid of fast.

I don't know how to weigh the risks on this, but if you don't deal with the candida, you will most likely give it to the baby anyway which could lead to digestive problems, reflux, colic, eczema, compromised immunity, etc.  Probiotics and garlic and a limited sugar diet sounds like the route I would take; however, I'm no pro at nursing.  I failed at it miserably three times.  I'm also not a health expert.  Having said that, I still wouldn't just ignore the problem.  The effects to baby could be much worse if you don't treat, than if you address the problem slowly and methodically.

Ditto what she said.  ;D
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

freshisbest

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 04:05:31 AM »
I had yeast issues and breast-fed and the baby had thrush very early on....but we both survived and she nursed almost 3 years. I would stick with Beeyoutiful regimine , and definatley focus on NO SUGAR . Think of no-sugar as a medicine you have to take. Tons of water. I always kept water bottles and  pitchers of water on the nightstand, end tables, anywhere I would sit to nurse and drink while she was drinking. Even if its just a glassful....a nice habit to create as long as your sitting watching the baby guzzle you might as well!

Offline Danswifey

• Learning
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007, 04:12:21 AM »
Thanks for the replies.  I just wanna confirm, do my symptoms sound like yeast?

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2007, 04:14:08 AM »
Yep.
WR
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2007, 05:09:48 AM »

hi HB, when you say "limited sugar" exactly what would that include?  i am trying to come up with a plan for my kids, and want to go through the least amount of die off possible, because my youngest will scream and make me miserable (like he is anyway with what he eats) do you mean to include things like tortillas (whole grain)?  and what else?  maybe fruit?  use rice instead of pasta?  i have kefir, which i am trying to adapt them to  :-[  and kombucha tea which some like and some tolerate.  thanks for your help.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2007, 05:28:06 AM »
Yes, yes, yes and Absolutely.  ;D :-\
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
  My favorite herb book!!