Author Topic: garlic capsules  (Read 2781 times)

Offline blessed2bamama

• Learning
garlic capsules
« on: January 22, 2007, 10:00:32 AM »
I know this has been asked elsewhere, but I never saw a definite answer. I would like to know how many capsules a day any of you may take. My capsules say they are the equivalent to 1,000mg of fresh garlic each. I don't know how that equates as far as clove amount. the bottle says 1 capsule a day. I just wondered if anyone has taken it in higher doses for specific illness/treatment. I can't seem to find much info on this.  I do know that like on other vitamins/minerals/ herbs/ the RDA is usually much lower than what herbalists and natural health doctors suggest, especially when taken for a specific thing such as kelp, one would suggest I take more since I have thyroid trouble than say, someone who only took it for health maintenance.
Sorry so long, just want to do the right thing. I am new to this and have to ask or I won't know! I must add that I recently bought a book called "prescription for nutritional healing" and I am going to be posting alot more questions! ???
This book tells me that to treat my thyroid disorder I need to take a LONG list of vit/min everyday, and if I should want to also take supplements to help out my dieting weightloss efforts, I have to add many, many more. all vit/min and herbs of course, but a very long list! :o
thanks to all for much needed help ::)

Offline SteveTallent

• Adept
Re: garlic capsules
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 10:31:14 AM »
Unless your garlic capsules contain "allicin", I don't know how they can be equivalent to fresh garlic at all. We've always heard that fresh garlic was the best, and that is because when you crush garlic, or chew it, a substance is created called allicin that is extremely beneficial to the immune system. This is a very unstable substance and only lasts about 10 minutes. Until recently, you could only get that benefit from fresh garlic. Very recently, there have been claims from some that they have stabilized allicin. We were kind of skeptical, but then we tried one of the products, and WOW!!! It's great. So, we carry it at Beeyoutiful. Ultra 3 Immune. I think there are a couple of other places that carry products with stabilized allicin that you can find on the Internet, but it is still very new.

So to answer your question, personally, I would take one gelcap of a garlic product containing allicin, and 2 gelcaps of a regular odorless garlic product.
Any health info, or dosage recommendations are strictly my opinion and are not to be construed as the opinion or recommendation of Beeyoutiful.com unless otherwise stated.

Offline ~CKMom~

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 10:52:35 AM »
Is Immune 3 something that you would use for any sickness, perhaps in place of regular garlic?  I have to fight to get my family to take fresh garlic (or ACV, or ginger, etc.) - when they are sick they feel even less like taking it.  (I think they're just wondering when this "natural" phase of mine is going to end! :D)  But, they would take a "pill" willingly I think.  Or, is Immune 3 something you only use when you need to pull out the "big guns"?  Just curious about how the best/smartest way to use it.

Offline keltlyn

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 11:20:56 AM »
Steve...

My husband just ordered Beeyoutiful's odorless garlic to hopefully help lower his blood pressure. If I understand what you're saying correctly, he should be taking an Ultra Immune 3 with each 2 capsules of the garlic to get any type of benefit. Does that sound correct?

Just wanting to make sure I understand. He's hoping to lower his BP naturally & not go on any medicine. If you have any recommendations on dosage for the odorless garlic, that'd be great, too!

Thanks!
...kelli

[
Unless your garlic capsules contain "allicin", I don't know how they can be equivalent to fresh garlic at all.