Author Topic: Upper back pain in the morning  (Read 22970 times)

Offline mercy

• Thankful to be His and his.
  • Adept
Upper back pain in the morning
« on: March 18, 2007, 12:11:31 PM »
I have checked out some of the threads here which gave some suggestions for exercises for the upper back (thanks, HB), but I have not seen my particular problem addressed and am not even sure whether exercise would help it (though I intend to try them).  So here goes:
When I wake up in the morning, the first thing I am aware of is intense pain in my upper back.  It hurts from the top of my shoulder blades to the bottom of my ribs, and feels as if everything had grown together during the night.  When I move or try to inflate my lungs (like when you yawn), the pain is very sharp and feels as if whatever grew together is being torn apart.  Getting in a hot shower helps to get the pain to a tolerable level, but it doesn't go away completely until about 10:30 or so (I get up between 5 and 6).  It is so painful when I first get up that I have trouble getting a good breath--but it does not feel at all like pleurisy (I've had that more than once and know all too well what that feels like).  There is no pain whatsoever after about 10:30 and I have no problem the rest of the day. 
Other info that might pertain to this:  I do have scoliosis, I see the chiropractor every week (I am certain I would be a cripple if I did not!), I sleep all night on my back with a pillow under my knees and my head and neck supported by a water pillow.  I do not change positions at all during the night; I have been sleeping this way for about 2 1/2 years.  I have only had this problem since about December.  At first it was a couple of times a week, then it gradually became more frequent till now it is every morning.  I am sleeping on an old mattress, though we do turn it every few months.  Do I need a different mattress?  Is something I am eating/exposed to making my muscles sore?  Do I just need to exercise more?  Anyone got any advice for me?
Psalm 73:25 Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee.

Offline BJ_BOBBI_JO

• Guru
  • I SEE YOU
    • BJ_BOBBI_JO blog
Re: Upper back pain in the morning
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 05:14:26 PM »
Could it be your gall bladder?

The upper back shoulder blade rib cage areas can be gall bladder pains. My gall bladder always acted worse during the night.

Offline CNM2B

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 06:50:09 PM »
Does your chiropractor have any ideas??? That sounds strange that it began so quickly. Might be worth a trip to an orthopedic doc, too - ouch!!

Offline mercy

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 04:02:45 AM »
Could it be your gall bladder?
Does your chiropractor have any ideas???

I hadn't thought of that.  But if it is my galll bladder, wouldn't the pain be only on one side, not over my whole back? 

My chiropractor said 90% of the time when people have back pain, it is their mattress.  But it does not make sense to me that this would begin so suddenly if it was the mattress.  He just did an x-ray on me last week though, so I am supposed to see that today, and hear his advice.  I will ask him about it again.  I sure hope that's not it, coz a new mattress is not even on our financial horizon right now--we just had to have the roof replaced (storm damage), and we still have water damage on the inside of the house to fix too.  :-\
Psalm 73:25 Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee.

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 03:46:01 AM »

My chiropractor said 90% of the time when people have back pain, it is their mattress.  But it does not make sense to me that this would begin so suddenly if it was the mattress.  He just did an x-ray on me last week though, so I am supposed to see that today, and hear his advice.  I will ask him about it again.  I sure hope that's not it, coz a new mattress is not even on our financial horizon right now--we just had to have the roof replaced (storm damage), and we still have water damage on the inside of the house to fix too.  :-\

I have the same thing off & on. For one thing, for me it's always worse when I sleep on my back. But my guess would be the water damage. EVERY TIME I get exposed to mold I end up stiff & hurting. How bad depends on what I get exposed to. I get severe joint & muscle pain & stiffness. I often wake up very stiff, can't take a deep breath, & get better as the day wears on. I also have scoliosis, I think mold tends to settle wherever there is weakness. Mold CAN colonize in your body. We lived in a mobile home for 2 years that had unknown water leakage in the walls that was only discovered while we were moving out. The last year we lived there, I was in so much pain & had such bad chronic fatigue I could barely move quite a bit of the time. We moved about 1 1/2 yrs ago & I'm better but not over it completely. I had worked in a job that had high mold exposure before which contributed to my illness but it got MUCH worse while living in the mobile home.

For more info about mold, yeast & fungus causing illness check this web site:

www.knowthecause.com

I have found that the best treatment when I am hurting is Extra Strength Oreganol from North American Herb & Spice. It is a potent antimold/antifungal. I have posted on other threads about it so you might want to read them. I take 24 drops in a "0" gelatin capsule up 5-6 X's a day depending on how I'm feeling. I don't take it everyday, I take it when I need it. I have also started experimenting with Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE) for it but so far I take it along with the Oreganol so I haven't worked out how much to take if I was to use it by itself. HTH Blessings ~herbalmom 

Offline mercy

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 04:03:12 AM »
Herbalmom, I just had to thank you for your reply.  Mold had never occurred to me, though I don't know why.  The family across the street from us had water damage from rotten siding, and the mold got so bad that the husband couldn't even walk and had to quit work!  He had been to many doctors, with no real help.  I was the one who suggested to them that it might be the mold--and sure enough, they moved within a couple of weeks and he started to get better right away.  He is back at work now.  How I could see the obvious with them, but miss it for myself is a mystery.  If you hadn't said it, I'm not sure I would have ever thought of it.
The day I read your reply, I realized that most of the water damage was upstairs, and the worst spot in our master bath--just three feet from where I sleep!  I also realized that I got better every morning after I had been downstairs for an hour or two, and that I usually didn't go back upstairs during the day, except to do laundry--and the laundry area is on the other side of the house!  The next day, I opened all the windows upstairs and attacked all the visible mold.  I realized I couldn't get everything, but I was hoping that if I got some of it that would make a difference.  And it did!  The next morning (yesterday) I got up, still hurting in the same places, but not in such a crippling way.  I told my husband, "This is good.  I feel like I'm 75 today."  :) I had been saying that I felt like I was 115 every morning!  :'(  (I'm actually only 50.) I'll keep you posted on the progress as I get rid of the mold, and the next paycheck we get, I am getting the Oreganol!  In the meantime, I have the GSE, so I think I'll give it a try.  Thanks again, Herbalmom! :-*

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 11:23:05 AM »
Your welcome. This link may help as well:

Envirocure

Also get the book The Yeast Connection by Dr Crook. You should be able to get it at the library. Somewhere in it, it has directions for fumigating with chlorine gas to kill mold. We do it every time we move into a freestanding dwelling- NOT APARTMENTS- because it gets into walls, etc & kills mold. We have even done it with small quanities for nasty refridgerators, etc. Be CAREFUL doing it, chlorine gas is invisible & DEADLY, make sure no one goes inside while your doing it & that all the animals are out, etc. Also, you will have to remove anything that chlorine will hurt- food, artwork, plants, clothes, etc. A pain to do but it can make a BIG difference. 

If you do this, make sure that you air it out WELL & when you think it's long enough, air it out MORE. LOTS of moving air, run lots of fans or a swamp cooler on the fan setting if you have one plus fans. When we do fridges, we aim a HIGH SPEED, turbo fan into the body with the door propped open & leave it for hours. The reason for all the airing is because it gets into the walls so the air has to move around enough to get it out.

I'm glad your feeling better & glad I could help. Be thankful that you found out what it was before the whole family got seriously sick. Everyone in the house has been breathing it in as well so you should probably treat them tool. Just because they don't have symptoms right now DOESN'T mean it didn't take root in their bodies as well.  Blessings ~herbalmom 

Offline mercy

• Adept
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 03:27:11 AM »
I have the Yeast Connection.  I was looking in it just recently, but not for the mold information.  I don't remember the part you mentioned, but then, I was soooo sick the first time I read it cover to cover (much, much worse than I am now) that it isn't a real surprise that I don't remember all of it!  I will look for that part--thanks for mentioning it.  We will check out the website too.

I called the insurance company and they sent out a company that specializes in mold removal.  He was very sympathetic (apparently his wife is very, very sensitive to mold), and described my symptoms to me perfectly!  That really helped me feel we are on the right track--thanks to the guidance of our Saviour Jesus Christ, through you!  He said our house is dry right now, but that there was mold, and the repairs would stir up the spores.  He said he would call the insurance people and let them know what needs to be done. 

I finally got a little smarter last night and shut the bathroom door while we were sleeping.  I didn't know if it would make any real difference, but it turns out it did help some.  Every little bit of relief is very much appreciated right now!

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 11:19:09 PM »
Make sure you talk to the people at Enviocure or at least throughly read the web site. Like most things, there are good mold removal companies & bad ones. The good ones actually get rid of all the mold which is time consuming & costly, the bad ones give it a lick & a promise, make it look good & leave a situation that will continue to make you sick & could even kill you. If I remember correctly Envirocure will give you a list of questions to ask a mold removal company to help you insure that you find a company that will do it RIGHT. I do know that they will travel all over the U.S. & the owner really knows what he's talking about. I believe that he has a book explaining about all this but I'm not sure. He's been doing it for over 25 years & is adamant that mold removal most be done RIGHT. Here's a quote from the web site:

"For over a quarter century, Enviro-CURE has specialized in detecting and eliminating harmful and sometimes deadly contaminants from within indoor environments. Our protocols, procedures, and technologies have been utilized by U.S. Government agencies, the U.S. Military, military and private hospitals, commercial businesses, private homes, and provided a study to the Surgeon General's military advisers (AMEDD) that was acknowledged as an important addition to the protocol for U.S. Military Hospitals."

Anther site that looks like it has lots of good info is:

http://mold-help.org/

I'm glad that your insurance company is going to take care of it. We rent so I didn't even think of insurance. I had assumed that you had to deal with it yourselves.

Here's some ideas that may help for now:

Keep the air in the house as dry & cool as possible. Mold grows with moisture & warmth.

If you have heating vents & not radiant heat & you can do it without your bathroom pipes freezing you can totally seal your heater vent in that bathroom with metal heating duct tape. You can get it at Home Depot or Lowe's. Make sure you get the right tape. It's NOT the kind that the Duct Tape Guys use. This tape is made of thin metal & will stay stuck even with the heat from the vent. Normally it is used to seal heating ducts at the seams. This will help cut down on the air currents in the bathroom which will lesson the mold being stirred up & keep it cooler in there so less mold grows. Block the vent in any room you can get away with it in. Force air heating stirs up mold & spreads it throughout the house via the ducts & the fact it recirculates the air so fewer rooms that the heater is blowing into SHOULD mean less mold in the air.

Keep that bathroom door shut as much as you can & keep a towel stuffed it the bottom of the door. The more you can keep it contained, the less you breath it 

If you have a spare bedroom that is in an undamaged area, switch rooms. Maybe you can shuffle the kids around so you have a room that you can move into or maybe you have a room that is used for something else that could become a bedroom for a while. If most of the damage is upstairs & all the bedrooms are upstairs, if you can figure out a way to do it, you may want to move everybody downstairs for now. Use your upstairs as little a possible until this is taken care of.

Check with the guy from the mold company, he will probably have more ideas especially since he has seen your house & knows the details.

If your insurance company is going to take care of it then you may not get the chance to or even need to do the chlorine gas treatment from the Yeast Connection. It's easy to do if the house is vacant but a pain if it's occupied because there are so many things that the chloride gas can damage that you have to move out & it is much harder to fully air out a house that has stuff in it. Make sure that the company that does the work does something about mold that could be in the walls, under cabinets, etc. Hopefully, the insurance company will house you somewhere else while the work is being done.

I'm glad that now you have some answers & can now work on solutions. I hope you can get through this as quickly as possible. Keep us posted. HTH Blessings ~herbalmom

Offline mercy

• Adept
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2007, 01:02:44 PM »
I do know that the insurance company will take care of our storm damage--I don't know how far that extends towards mold removal.  But I am encouraged by the fact that the mold guy knew my insurance claims adjustor by name and didn't seem to think there would be any problem.  I am still waiting to hear though.

I did check out the Envirocure website, and requested a consultation.  They do seem to know what they are talking about.  It all made good sense to me, and I am looking forward to hearing from them.

In the meantime, I started taking GSE yesterday (in a capsule--much better than in a glass of juice :P  Why didn't I think of that before?), and this morning woke up feeling a lot better than I have in a long time.  It seems now that the pain is more localized and specific that I can tell it is in my lungs more than in my back.  It seems to be only in the upper lobes now, and not so intense.  I can breathe!  I am still taking all the other stuff I mentioned before, except the Tummy-Tune-ups.  I'm thinking that would be a waste because the GSE would just kill it all anyway.  Am I right, or should I be taking it anyway?  Maybe several hours after the GSE?  I bet there is information on this in another thread, but where should I look?  Suggestions, anyone?

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2007, 01:37:38 PM »
I'm glad your doing better. When DH & I take GSE we cheat & put into gelatin capsules ourselves. Costs less & I can take a higher dose than the capsules. If you get GSE  on the outside it taste  :P though. Only thing is, you have to make them right before you take them, they leak if they sit around. :P The premade capsules are equal to 10 drops of Nutibiotic brand- I take 24 drops- that's what a "0" capsule holds. Works for DH & I both although it sometimes upsets my stomach. 

It's recommended to take a smaller does more often rather than a large does less often but I tend to take the larger amount anyway. That's just what I do, I'm not recommending it.

I have no idea about the probiotics. My mom is doing a massive fungus cleanse right now & takes her probiotics in the morning, pysillum before bed the help bind mycotoxins & clean the colon & multiple antifungals during the day. Everything she's taking could be killing off the probiotics though, we just don't now.

Insurance SHOULD cover the mold removal, it was a result of the storm damage. I believe that in some states the law REQUIRES them to cover it because mold can be deadly. Just make sure that it's taken care of RIGHT. This is not a place to cut corners.

We keep referring to the other thread in our posts which might confuse other people & I know that both of us are jumping back & forth between the 2 threads so here's a link to make it easier to get to the other thread:

Ankle Pain and Swelling: I need help.

HTH Blessings ~herbalmom

Offline mercy

• Adept
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 12:38:40 AM »
Hadn't thought of that, about taking probiotics in the morning and some kind of fiber at night.  Thanks for putting the link in there.  That's not something I know how to do yet.

DH looked at the Envirocure site too yesterday.  I must admit, I was a little concerned he would not be very sympathetic, but he has taken the reins and is determined to have done whatever is necessary.  We are convinced that it must be done right if we are to rid ourselves of the problem for good. 

Herbalmom, I want to thank you for your support, caring, and suggestions.  You have been like a lifeline to me these past few days!

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2007, 01:06:12 PM »
Your welcome & I'm glad that I could help. Mold/fungus causing serious illness is something of a passion of mine because I have been ill for several years w/chronic fatigue, stiffness & pain. At the worst of it many days I could barely move. I've had yeast problems most of my life & was on antibiotics a lot as a child which started the problem but what pushed it over the edge was mold & fungus I was exposed to in a prior job & then living in 2 places in a row that had mold. It wasn't until I ran across Doug Kaufmann's (www.knowthecause.com) TV show & got his books that I started putting the pieces together & figured out what was wrong. I still have a lot of pain & fatigue & I haven't been as aggressive fighting this as I could be but I'm doing MUCH better that I used to. When I start hurting now instead of a pain killer the 1st thing I reach for is an antifungal. Everything that I'm going though with my mom (who also worked the same job & also lived in a moldy home, BTW) has convinced me that I need to get SERIOUS about treating this & improving the whole family's health.

I'm glad that DH is on board & taking this seriously. Many times it's hard to convince someone that it needs to be taken seriously & done right. DH & I have worked in property management before & you wouldn't believe how often stuff like this isn't dealt with properly or gets covered up - either because someone just doesn't know how it needs to be dealt with or because they don't care & they just want it to look good. DH being informed & overseeing the whole thing will help insure that it's done right. I'm not trying to imply anything bad about you by saying that, it's just a fact that companies & contractors tend to do a better job when they have a man checking up on them than a woman. Keep us updated. Blessings ~herbalmom

Offline mercy

• Adept
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2007, 04:50:29 PM »
No offense taken.  I too have noticed that things are taken more seriously and acted upon quickly when the man is in charge.  And that's true with more than just contractors!  (Homeschool, for instance!)

BTW, Larry Foster with Envirocure called today.  I talked to him on the phone for about 15 min.  He is sending us a package of materials, and has already said he would come to our home--even though he is in Atlanta, four hours away by car.  If is motive for doing what he does, is what he says it is, then I am going to be very pleased to know him.  I am too easily deceived though, especially when it comes to things I care about strongly, like the health of my family; so I am reserving judgment until DH has talked to him too--DH is much more discerning than I.  Still, I don't expect I'll be disappointed.

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2007, 05:06:51 PM »
I'm glad to hear he got a hold of you. He got back to you quickly, that's a good sign. I've never spoke to him. I found out about him when I saw him on Doug Kaufmann's Know the Cause TV show. He seems passionate about what he does, that's for sure. Be sure to let us know how it goes. I'm real interested to know how good/honest he really is.

As far as men getting better results, it's aggravating but true. :P :P

Blessings ~herbalmom 

Offline mercy

• Adept
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2007, 02:03:59 AM »
Well, talk about prompt.  I talked to Larry Foster on the phone Monday (he called us), and he promised to send us a packet of information.  It arrived FedEx overnight on Tuesday.  Even my husband was impressed with that!  We're still looking it over, but DH already asked me to call Mr. Foster and ask him if we should have this done before or after the rest of the repairs to the house.  We'll keep you all posted!

Offline mercy

• Adept
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2007, 05:32:22 AM »
Mr. Foster called on Wed. to see if we had received the packet and had any questions.  He said they had two big jobs coming up (Yamaha and a hospital), and that they would have to fit smaller jobs like us in where they could.  He said they could come out here next Tuesday or Wed.  I checked with DH and he said to call him back and tell him to come on.  He repeated their guarantee that we would get better when they got through with our house.  It seems too good to be true, which makes me a little nervous.  Still, I am convinced we are on the right track, and I haven't heard anyone else come close to making such a promise.  I checked Envirocure out with the BBB; they are members in good standing and have never had a single complaint lodged against them.  I am very hopeful.  It sounds like they can do this in just a day or two, and without us having to remove everything from the house.  I still don't have a clue how much it will cost, but they can't tell us anything till they get here and assess the situation.  If anyone lives in this area (north central and eastern Alabama), and you want them to talk to you, now is the time.  Just PM me and I will help you get in touch with them while they are here.  We won't get anything out of it, so I am not trying to sell you anything here.  But he said they would talk to anyone I knew that might be interested while they were here, and it might save you the fee for having Envirocure come all the way from Atlanta (we are paying that).

I'll keep you posted on how it turns out.

Offline mercy

• Adept
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2007, 02:23:58 AM »
Just a quick note to let everyone know that we have had our house treated for mold, and I am much, much better already!  I will give you all the details very soon (wow, that will be a long post), but for right now, I have some catching up to do since it took two days for them to get it all and I was able to do no housework or cooking while they were here.  But watch for the post---I am so pleased with the results, and the company we used, that I can hardly wait to tell you all about it!  Thanks so much for all your prayers!  God is answering in a mighty way.

Offline makingchanges

• Adept
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2007, 10:35:10 AM »
I was trying to find some information on the gall bladder on the forum. I found this one. I went to my NP Dr. because on intense pain in my neck, shoulder, and hips. It was gall bladder. So if someone has this pain it can be gall bladder.

Offline mercy

• Adept
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2007, 07:33:38 PM »
Okay, here's the details I promised to give you.  The company we used is called Envirocure.  They are based in Atlanta, about 4 hours away from us by car.  They arrived  at our house on Tuesday morning a week ago.  They noticed things I hadn't seen when they were only two feet inside the front door!  Still, we took them on a tour of the house and showed them all the water damage from the roof leaking.  We also showed them the new water damage we had from a pipe which ruptured in the master bath the night before they came.  That one opened a seam through the livingroom ceiling and was doing a fast drip on the LR floor!  Thankfully, the water had stopped flowing, but the damage was done.  I was so glad it happened BEFORE they came!  The first thing they did after looking at all the water damage was bring a an industrial-size HEPA air purifier and turn it on.  They also opened up the doors and windows to get fresh air flowing through the house.  It ran the entire time they were working.  Then they assessed the work to be done and got on it right away.  The first day they focused on the upstairs since that is where most of the damage was.  They cut out the sheetrock of every place that had water damage, and found mold on the back of everything they cut out.  They took out any insulation that had mold growing on it and sprayed inside each hole with an enzyme that eats mold and bacteria.  Then they taped plastic over each hole.  They also went to the HVAC unit in the attic (our house has two; the one for the upstairs is in the attic, and the one for the downstairs is in a little closet just of the livingroom) and found it covered with mold.  The downstairs unit looked even worse, and had white mold growing in the condensation pan.  They cleaned and treated both units; cleaned and treated the ductwork connected with each unit; cleaned and treated all the registers and ceiling fans; vacuumed and treated all the carpet; took up the vinyl flooring in both upstairs bathrooms (there was mold growing underneath and we could see it through the floor), inspected, scrubbed and treated the subflooring; took down and disposed of all wallpaper that had mold growing on it; vacuumed and treated all the mattresses; cut out the cabinet floor under the kitchen sink because there was mold growing there; took samples of all the mold and took pictures of everything.  All this took three men and two and a half days.  They said the carpet should come up later, but that we would be fine to leave it alone for now.  That would have been another whole day's work, but they left it because they felt sure we would not be in jeopardy by doing so, and because they were trying to stay within our budget.  They did tell us that when the time came to get rid of it, they would come back and do it.  They didn't want us (or any one else) to attempt it because  they were afraid someone doing it improperly would only serve to undo everything else they had done.  I may be leaving something out here; if so, I'll come back and modify the post.  This is all I can think of for right now.

It was not cheap, but I am convinced we would have spent that money sooner or later on doctors and medical tests and treatments had we not done this.  As it is, I have NO PAIN AT ALL now.  The pain in my back and lungs disappeared the first day they were here, and my ankles were back to normal before they got back to Atlanta.  They recommended we buy a HEPA air filter, and we did.  Even the sinus infection that wouldn't seem to quite go away disappeared!  I have had no relapses at all and feel like I have had my health restored to me.  Praise God!!! 

During the whole process they seemed very concerned for our safety and comfort.  Since they left I have talked to them once on the phone (telling them thank you, and asking what we need to do to avoid problems from yet another upstairs bathroom pipe leak into the livingroom ceiling).  They told me that they were in the process of preparing a letter with their analysis and detailing their treatment along with the pictures they took for the insurance company.  They also told me that they had meant to leave a spray bottle of the enzyme they used so we could treat anything new that came up, but they didn't because they used every last bit of it while they were working here.  They said they would send it to us.

In all, four men came to our house:  Mr. Larry Foster, founder of the company; Mr. Larry Williams, Mr. Foster's right hand man; and two Hispanic gentlemen, whom I never heard speak a word of English, and whose names I don't recall ever having heard.  They seemed to prefer to keep some distance, so I did not pursue a conversation with them.  Several times, however, I made a point of catching their eyes and telling them "thank-you"---they did an incredible job!  Mr. Williams told me they had been with the company for years, and that they were reliable, hard workers, and never complained nor shirked.  I had no problem believing that after a couple of days watching them.  I intend to ask for their names so I can mention them specifically when I write a thank-you to the company.

Mr. Foster is retired from the company now, but they still rely on his input and expertise.  We were blessed to have him come to our home, especially since he does not usually do that anymore.  He and Mr. Williams are both Christians, and I got the impression that they view what they do as a ministry given to them by God.  They were very thorough in all that they did, and always courteous and considerate of our family's needs.  Mr. Williams was in charge of the work being done, and he worked just as hard as the other men.  He is quiet, but very knowledgable, and always ready to answer questions.

I'm sure I sound like a commercial, but DH and I were very pleased with the company, the people, the work, and especially the RESULTS.  If any of you are considering this, I do not hesitate to recommend Envirocure to you.  I am convinced they are the best!

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2007, 04:03:19 AM »
Insurance SHOULD cover the mold removal, it was a result of the storm damage. I believe that in some states the law REQUIRES them to cover it because mold can be deadly. Just make sure that it's taken care of RIGHT. This is not a place to cut corners.

How can I find out if a particular state has laws concerning this? My mom is having A LOT of trouble with her insurance company over mold caused by storm damage.
Thanks,
WR
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2007, 09:22:44 AM »
How can I find out if a particular state has laws concerning this? My mom is having A LOT of trouble with her insurance company over mold caused by storm damage.
Thanks,
WR

Try talking to Envirocure. I'm sure they could help you on getting the insurance company to do something about it. As far as finding out state laws, you can access state laws on line. HTH Blessings ~herbalmom