Author Topic: Major Car Accident! Need herbal advise please!  (Read 20023 times)

Offline MotherOfBlessings

• Adept
  • Blessed beyond what I deserve!
    • My Homestead Blog
Re: Major Car Accident! Need herbal advise please!
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2007, 05:45:28 PM »
Well we are healing.  The girls are doing well.  I am progressing but am getting impatient.  My arm is still swollen.  I am sure it is filled with fluid.  It is no getting bigger.  It may be a touch smaller I am not sure.  My rib is sore but not as bad as it first was.  I was up quite a bit today and am paying for it now.  Dumb I know.  But some things have to get done.  I am willing to let the floors go unmopped but laundry has to be washed.  I am prioritizing.  ;)

I got my arnica tablets but not the cream.  >:(  It was out of stock so I ordered it from someone else.  The tablets do help when the pain is bad but I have only used them to help me sleep twice.  I still have to sleep in the recliner.  I may burn it when I get better.  ;D  I am still using comfrey and onion and it feels good when on.   

My bruising is fading but the deep tissue on my breast is still hard so I am praying the baby will not come before his due date.  My shoulder above the swollen arm is still very painful.  I am sure that is where I took the impact of the airbag.  I went to church on Sunday and people kept touching me!  OUCH!  :o  I actually asked but husband to make an announcement to ask everyone not to touch me at all.  :-\ It just hurts too much.

The girls are all pretty much healed except my oldest with the broken leg.  She is doing pretty well but is having a hard time learning that she can do some things herself and can't just lay on the couch for the next 5 weeks.  Please pray that I will be patient with her.
Wife to SSgt. Cole, former USMC, now USNG
Homeschooling Mommy of 8 Blessings from the Lord

Offline shesaidthis

• Adept
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2007, 10:20:28 AM »
The last update we had on you was about 2 weeks ago.  I was thinking about you guys and wondered how you are doing now?
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results.  -- Albert Einstein

• Adept
    • My Homestead Blog
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2007, 03:02:42 PM »
I am still staying down.  Partly due to my rib and partly due to trying to keep baby from coming before I am totally healed.  Still the rib is sore and my arm is still swollen. It seems to be getting smaller but very slowly.  My breast is still bruised and has a large, hard part but it is slowly getting smaller.  It is because of this that I want baby to wait.  I have to be very careful how I move as twisting, reaching, and bending are painful.  There are still things to do to get ready for baby so I try to do a little each day.  The arnica cream and pills do help with extrenal and internal pain.  I am using the pills sparingly.  It seems the comfrey compresses can no longer get down far enough as the hard tissue is deep down.  At least I am not longer getting that tingling sensation that I did in the beginning.  I am on SuperMom vitamins, Vitamin C, and garlic pills so that the fluid in my arm does not get infected.

I am sleeping better but am still mostly in the recliner.  Please keep praying and any suggestions on helping healing will be appreciated.

Offline shesaidthis

• Adept
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2007, 05:10:48 AM »
We are still praying for you and for your baby and family!
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results.  -- Albert Einstein

Offline SarahLaRae

• Master
  • Sweet Anna
    • My Blog
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2007, 05:24:43 AM »
Lord, please speed up her recovery, and help her to lean on you in this time. 

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2007, 01:14:50 PM »
Just checking in to see how you are dong today.Em

Bump, I'm wondering also. Blessings ~herbalmom

• Adept
    • My Homestead Blog
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2007, 02:21:44 PM »
Thank you all for caring to check on little ole me!  ;)

I am doing better.  I have been able to get up and around more and more.  My rib is still sore but not terribly painful.  The swelling in my arm and breast is steadily decreasing but not gone.  I am starting to think that I may heal faster if the baby would go ahead and come.  At least I could sleep in my bed.  I am having contractions but nothing worth calling the midwife for.  I wish they would just pick up so I could birth this baby!

My oldest had her long cast taken off today and a short one put on.  Her knee is giving her terrible pain.  She will have to work on bending it more each day but today is cries everytime she has to move it.  It is truly heartbreaking to watch.  :'(

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts. 

• Adept
    • My Homestead Blog
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2007, 03:31:07 PM »
Our son is here!

Christopher Howard Cole
Born at home, in the water, into the hands of his Daddy

04/25/07 @ 06:15 pm
8 pounds even
20 inches long

He has no visible effects from the accident!  Praise God.

The warer birth was mostly smooth.  I will write more when I can.

Thank you for all of your prayers ~ Dawn

Offline amazonmama2five

• Adept
    • Amazonmamasadventures
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2007, 04:39:58 PM »
PRAISE GOD!!!  Congratulations!!!!!  So happy that you have a boy to be spoiled by all his sisters.
Thank you, Dear Lord, for keeping all safe and well
He is no fool that gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.~Jim Elliot
My Intro
Visit our site!

Offline seeker

• Adept
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2007, 04:43:50 PM »
YAY! YAY! I'm so happy for you! I've been waiting to hear the news. Can't wait to hear more. Congratulations to your family.

Offline floydian

• Master
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2007, 04:47:12 PM »
Our son is here!

Christopher Howard Cole
Born at home, in the water, into the hands of his Daddy

04/25/07 @ 06:15 pm
8 pounds even
20 inches long

He has no visible effects from the accident!  Praise God.

The warer birth was mostly smooth.  I will write more when I can.

Thank you for all of your prayers ~ Dawn

Congratulations!!!
How precious.  You've been in our prayers.  :-*
We thought of Christopher for our little guy.  
We liked the meaning: Christ bearer.   8) :)
And as He stands in victory,
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me;
For I am His and He is mine—
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

Offline mercy

• Thankful to be His and his.
  • Adept
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2007, 02:20:56 AM »
Hallelujah!  How great are His blessings!  We share your delight and gratitude over this precious gift.  Be prepared--your girls will be mush, where he is concerned! 

Thanks for letting us know, Dawn.  I had been wondering!

BTW, how well is your recovery coming?  And how well is the rest of your family recovering?
Psalm 73:25 Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee.

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2007, 10:05:09 AM »
~ ~ CONGRATS ~ ~ Glad all went well & he's healthy. God is good.

Just think, now the males are SLIGHTLY less outnumbered.  ;) ;) ;) ;) 4 more boys to go & you'll be even. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Enjoy your new blessing. ~herbalmom
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 10:23:43 AM by herbalmom »

Offline makingchanges

• Adept
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2007, 04:23:28 PM »
I was in a major car wreck Fri. I am Okay now. A car hit my engine only from the driver's side. I do not have an engine anymore, like gone! I was taken to the hospital by ambulance. The strange thing is that I know nothing from the time of the wreck until I was loaded into the ambulance. I even called by husband. Someone gave me a cell phone and I told them my neck hurt. When I heard the police officer tell the EMT that my neck hurt I started moving my neck to see if it was true. This is the first time I remember anything. What happened during the first 15 mins.? So strange. I prayed all the way to the hospital that they would put no chemicals in me. I have had so many reactions to drugs and have been going to a NP Dr. for 6 months and I did not want to go backwards. After x-rays and Cat Scans I was released with no drugs except a perscription for a pain killer.( Which I did not fill and never needed thanks to WTM) They said I could have been killed so easily and someone protected me. Of course I had to tell them who that person, Deity was! I was so sore. I came straight home and read this thread. Is that a WTM person or not? I went to my chiropractor and got therapy. They sent me home with a large ice pack to use every hour. I did a comfrey and arnica rub on the whiplash and sore head, muscles, etc. I took arnica interally immediately. The next day I was so much better. By Sun. no pain except a bump on my head now hurts. Any ideas on that one? I'm sure it hit somehow and I did not feel it until 18 hrs. later. Should I do anything now? Thank-you WTM for this forum. It helped having this thread already answered so I could react ASAP.

Offline ShabbyChic

• Master
  • Wife, mom, motorcycle enthusiast, and chocoholic.
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2007, 05:25:43 PM »
WOW!  What a miracle!  I'm not sure that I have any gifts in this world except the ability to point to a miracle and say, "SEE?!  See that?  That's a miracle right there!  Gd is all over that!"  Thanks so much for sharing your story!
That's Shabby SHEIK not Shabby CHICK.  Hee-hee.

Offline ladyhen

• Master
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2007, 03:44:54 AM »
WOW!  I can only repeat what ShabbyChic has already said.  WOW! 
Thank you so much for sharing that with us, and I will keep you in prayer for continued healing.  Obviously, the Lord had His hand on you. 
Have you continued to take Arnica?  It will keep on helping with the soft tissue trauma and the head bump.  Keep an eye on that head bump or any symptoms of concussion. 
You truly had a miracle!  And I love it that you gave so much credit to this forum for teaching.  It is grand to be able to share so much help, information, and encouragement with each other.
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;    Titus 2:13

Offline makingchanges

• Adept
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2007, 04:19:01 PM »
Thanks for telling me to continue the Arnica. I have not taken it today. I'm on my way! The chiropractor today said that the bump was not bruised and looked good. It would be sore for about a week, but we would look after it. Do keep it in your prayer for continue healing.

Offline HeyMom

• Adept
    • My journey with Jesus as a young widow, Courage Road
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2007, 02:31:08 AM »
Praise the Lord that you are OKAY and that you are walking evidence of His awesome power and that He is with us always! 

His miracles happen everyday, we just need to pray that more eyes will be open to see them.

Am praying for your continued healing!
For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him.
2 Chronicles 16:9
www.courageroad.blogspot.com