Author Topic: Viral Encephalits help  (Read 6228 times)

Offline js_honey

• Learning
Viral Encephalits help
« on: April 01, 2007, 02:57:23 PM »
My 21yo sister has just been diagnosed with viral encephalitis.  This past Thursday she woke up with hallucinations and delirium.  Thursday night she had grand mal seizures.  After 3 days in hospital they've diagnosed encephalitis.  She is coherent now. Knows who we are, can talk.  Not having seizures now, but tremors.  Left side weakness.  She's to weak to walk.   They are talking about sending her home.   

I would greatly appreciate prayer. I know we have to let this run it's course, but any thoughts, advice on how to help her through this? Vitamins? Herbs? Anything?

Offline hsink

• Adept
Re: Viral Encephalits help
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 06:20:38 PM »
Here is a link...maybe it will help a little  ???
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,3839.0.html
(((Hugs)))

Holly

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 04:44:00 AM »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline js_honey

• Learning
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 07:06:58 AM »
Thank you!   Ok, besides the omega oils, what else would help?  I worry about giving her something that would increase her absorbtion of the medicine they have her on.  Any ideas?   

I really appreciate your help.  This has us very worried.

Blessings to all.

Offline js_honey

• Learning
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 06:15:49 AM »
They are sending her home. :(    She is still very sick.

I'm going to run to the store this afternoon for  the omega oil , vitamin C, goldenseal.  Is there anything else, or better to help this? 

Thanks.

Offline chopchop

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 07:44:58 AM »
Quercetin may be a very good idea as it is an anti-inflammatory, antioxidant & antivral agent.
PDR Health
ACTIONS
Quercetin may have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, immunomodulatory, anticancer and gastroprotective activities. It may also have anti-allergy activity and activity in preventing secondary complications of diabetes.
Wikipedia -
"Quercetin has demonstrated significant anti-inflammatory activity because of direct inhibition of several initial processes of inflammation. For example, it inhibits both the manufacture and release of histamine and other allergic/inflammatory mediators. In addition, it exerts potent antioxidant activity and vitamin C-sparing action."

I have yet to research this fully, but was given it in extensive doses during my recent Adverse Drug Reaction which seemingly turned into DIAM (Drug Induced Aseptic Menegitis).

The reason that I am recommending it in this instance is that there is major inflammation going on in both Meningitis and Encephalitis issues.  Some drug stores carry it and it can be found in most health food stores. 
For faster action empty capsules into water and drink.  It doesn't taste bad but looks like powdered yellowgreen crayon. 
I had very good results with this and took it in very high doses.

I would also recommend raw garlic (or any form of garlic if you can't get raw into her) and Spirulina (drink or pill form).
Lobelia tincture rubbed on the base of the neck at the skull line and also hot and cold treatments may help to relieve pain and intense headaches.
The WTM link that HB listed earlier does have some helpful info.  If you haven't already checked it out.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 07:51:04 AM by chopchop »

Offline js_honey

• Learning
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 11:12:27 AM »
Thank you.  I'm adding Quercetin to my list.  I really appreciate this.