Author Topic: Can your soap pass a drug test?  (Read 5794 times)

Offline Mom_to_12

• Adept
Can your soap pass a drug test?
« on: May 21, 2007, 07:47:00 AM »
Is your soap 'natural'??   ???  A test routinely used by police to detect GHB (Gamma Hydroxy Butyrate), a narcotic, also can detect petroleum products or detergents in so-called 'natural' soaps. Incidentally, Kiss My Face, Jason's and Nature's Gate failed the test.  :o

Check out the video here http://www.drbronner.com/soap_test.html  for more details - and a laugh. The 'drug' test is worthless for drug testing but is great for proving how great real soap is - and uncovering which companies 'natural soaps' are really detergents.

I don't use Dr. Bronner's (I make my own soap), but I was surprised to learn that many of the "natural" soaps my friends use aren't natural.

YoopreMama

Re: Can your soap pass a drug test?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 08:44:54 AM »
Interesting!  :) I'm off to read about it...I'm counting on my KMF Olive Oil soap to be natural... >:(  Thanks for sharing!   :-*

Offline dara

• Master
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 11:35:18 AM »
Just keep in mind- natural truly is somewhat relative- those brands do not ness. claim to be always detergent free, or preservative free, or whatever. If making things all natural were a simple matter, everyone would be doing it. There's usually more involved than we have taken the time to learn about... yet...
"Write your hurts in the sand
and grave your blessings in stone."

Offline joychild24seven

• Adept
    • Cloth Alternatives for Women
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 02:33:50 PM »
yet another reason not to use soap... ;D
Every Day You Save My Life

Offline AgainstTheGrain

• Adept
  • John & Me
    • My Blog: For Such A Time As This
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 02:36:40 PM »
I'm curious what you use instead of soap :D . . .

I'm also glad this was posted as I am about to switch our soap and probably would have went with KMF now I think I'll go with Dr. B's  :D Good price through our co-op too!!

Vanessa in Iowa
Mom to 5 boys and 1 baby girl ages Newborn to 12

Offline Mom_to_12

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 02:49:20 AM »
Just keep in mind- natural truly is somewhat relative- those brands do not ness. claim to be always detergent free, or preservative free, or whatever. If making things all natural were a simple matter, everyone would be doing it. There's usually more involved than we have taken the time to learn about... yet...

That is true, but some products use the word "organic" or "natural" and it is somewhat deceptive.  They even use the word "soap" when it is not (detergent si NOT soap).