Author Topic: Parasites & Cleanses  (Read 102733 times)

Offline Helen

• Adept
    • personal blog
Parasites & Cleanses
« on: April 20, 2006, 07:54:59 PM »
My question is this, I am planning on making a tincure to treat my husband and I and our baby of parasites, I have the herbs Wormwood, Black walnut and CLoves.  But I have no idea how many herbs to use per recipe, can i do 3 equal parts of all three or not.........?   also are any of these herbs dangerous if you are pregnant? and what could i use instead? thanks so much for your help!

Offline StephTallent

• Adept
    • Beeyoutiful
Re: Parasites & Cleanses
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 07:58:18 PM »
I don't have any idea how to make your own parasite cleanse.  Look forward to hearing how from some of these other ladies! 

I've heard that you should not take black walnut when pregnant or nursing but don't remember a reason beging given.   ???
Do not become so focused on where you are, and the destination you forget from whence you came. Concentrate not on what is to be attained so that you forget to extend encouragement, love and help to those behind.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 08:44:00 PM »
My question is this, I am planning on making a tincure to treat my husband and I and our baby of parasites, I have the herbs Wormwood, Black walnut and CLoves.  But I have no idea how many herbs to use per recipe, can i do 3 equal parts of all three or not.........?   also are any of these herbs dangerous if you are pregnant? and what could i use instead? thanks so much for your help!

Pregnant women should not take wormwood.
More herbs to avoid while pregnant
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 08:52:17 PM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline advancewithcourage

• Learning
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 01:00:03 AM »
I have taken black walnut after the 1st trimester, but I am positive that Wormwood in a no no. I use the wormer from Fias Co Farms (Molly's Herbals). I use it on my goats and it is fit for humans too. It is just herbs. I think it is worth the money, which is minimal, because it is specially formulated and has been tested and found to be effective in eliminating most parasites.

Personally I do not think tinctures would be that effective, but that is just my opinion. I am not a big Hulda Clark fan. Also, I think the parasite thing is overrated. Much digestive distress is not caused by parasites, but by disbiosis (intestinal overgrowth of normal intestinal bacteria). Unless you have farm animals who tend to be wormy - goats, pigs etc.

I am going to worm my children every spring and fall like they did on the farms my in-laws grew up on in Italy using the wormer from Molly's because my kiddo's help clean out manure from the barns with daddy at these times of year.

Offline Helen

• Adept
    • personal blog
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 03:37:38 PM »
mountain meadow herbs has an incredible parasite cleanse, it is called para rid, they have no website but their phone number is 888-528-8615,  extremly nice people, they also have fantastic products for childbirth, uteris toneing after childbirth, anti nausea, and much more, I believe you can ordor a catalog, but after my sisterinlaw did the cleanse on her family i was so impressed i sent for it myself, havent used it tho yet.  I also made my own strong parasite cleanse tincture, I think it smells kinda good,  ???
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 04:47:20 PM by BeeyoutifulGirl »

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 04:48:26 PM »
I'd like to have the recipe you used to make your tincture.  :)
Honey Sunny in complete exasperation:
"JOE!!! You DOUGHNUT COCONUT COCONUT COCONUT!!!"

Offline dara

• Master
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 06:12:05 AM »
I know you all would rather have recipes rather than sources for pre-made stuff, but I thought I'd mention that Trilight Herbs has a parasite clease tincture called Worm Out that is very reasonably priced.
"Write your hurts in the sand
and grave your blessings in stone."

Offline Helen

• Adept
    • personal blog
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 06:12:14 AM »
Ok here is my recipe,
 I took a 1/4 cup of wormwood
              1/2 cup of black walnut hull
              1 cup of cloves
              1/2 cup of minced garlic,       I poured just enough boiling water to cover, and then poured a fifth of southern comfort into the jar, I put it in a dark place and shake it every day,  we will water it down a little bit because it will be kind of strong.  We havent used it yet, it is only being made, I am not even sure i have the amount of herbs right, so be careful how much you go by this.  

Offline Helen

• Adept
    • personal blog
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 06:16:44 AM »
oh and by the way mountain meadow herbs does have an internet site, www.mountainmeadowherbs.com                   

Offline dara

• Master
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2006, 06:18:55 AM »
When you mention the measurements, do you mean, for instance, a half cup of the dried  herb? Is it loose like the leaves, or were they herb powders? Did you pack it down?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 06:23:20 AM by dara »

Offline dara

• Master
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2006, 07:25:48 AM »
Okay, I have to say that I'm not real hip to the enema idea. ???  Can you do a parasite cleanse without doing an enema?  Can taking it orally do the trick?

I wanted to bump this to the top again because I have the same quesion!

Offline sarahmontgomery

• Adept
  • Isaiah 12:2
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2006, 11:34:38 AM »
I need it to busy easy, as I am homeschooling 4 children, and my days are full.  Also, do you know of one for kids also, we live on a farm and have several animals although none in the house.
Home, home on the range, where the deer and the cantaloupe play..... according to my 4 year old

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2006, 11:45:48 AM »
I would start with Yeast Assassin, because the herbs in it are also the same herbs that kill parasites. It shouldn't slow you down, and should kill all the parasites. I would take YA every day, the perscribed dosage, for six months to ensure all the eggs are dead as well.

Eating lots of raw pumpkin seeds is also good for getting rid of parasites. I'd recommend this tactic to use with kids, as they generally like to eat pumpkin seeds! I think you can toast them too, but they may not be quite as effective. They taste yummy sprayed with oil, sprinkled with salt, and toasted in the oven.

Hope that helps,

Rebekah
Honey Sunny in complete exasperation:
"JOE!!! You DOUGHNUT COCONUT COCONUT COCONUT!!!"

Offline sarahmontgomery

• Adept
  • Isaiah 12:2
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2006, 01:40:48 PM »
Thanks for the help,  I will order it today.
Home, home on the range, where the deer and the cantaloupe play..... according to my 4 year old

Offline Helen

• Adept
    • personal blog
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2006, 03:20:40 AM »
for a very fast and easy deworming I would do the para rid from mountain meadow herbs. we are doing it right now after my sister inlaw  reported fantastic results, it kills over a hundred diffrent kind of parasites.  it is easy to take, you take half a teaspoon full for 6 days and then a month later another doseage like that,  then you dont have to do it for a year. or untill you want to again. good luck

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2006, 05:08:34 AM »
for a very fast and easy deworming I would do the para rid from mountain meadow herbs. we are doing it right now after my sister inlaw  reported fantastic results, it kills over a hundred diffrent kind of parasites.  it is easy to take, you take half a teaspoon full for 6 days and then a month later another doseage like that,  then you dont have to do it for a year. or untill you want to again. good luck

I just got their catalog, I'll have to look into this, Thanks.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthnut

• Adept
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2006, 07:17:30 PM »
Hey There,
Well I am finishing a Parasite Cleanse right now, thats pretty easy. Its even easier if you can swallow pills, unlike me.... ;D  The website is www.DrNatura.com and it is called the "Colonix Internal Cleansing Program". The Paranil capsules contain two of the  (6?) ingredients in the Yeast Assasin but also has many more herbs. In the morning you take the Paranil capsules, wait about 15-20 minutes, and then take the fiber. In the evening you drink a cup of the KleriTea, and thats all. The only thing required is for the person cleansing to drink 8 glasses of water a day. One you drink right after the fiber and the other you drink with the tea, so you only need to drink six more cups. I have had good results with this and it does not get in the way of life.

Offline jessyru

• Adept
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2006, 03:32:03 AM »
Hey There,
Well I am finishing a Parasite Cleanse right now, thats pretty easy. Its even easier if you can swallow pills, unlike me.... ;D  The website is www.DrNatura.com and it is called the "Colonix Internal Cleansing Program". The Paranil capsules contain two of the  (6?) ingredients in the Yeast Assasin but also has many more herbs. In the morning you take the Paranil capsules, wait about 15-20 minutes, and then take the fiber. In the evening you drink a cup of the KleriTea, and thats all. The only thing required is for the person cleansing to drink 8 glasses of water a day. One you drink right after the fiber and the other you drink with the tea, so you only need to drink six more cups. I have had good results with this and it does not get in the way of life.

I just started this Colonix cleanse today!! My friend is also doing it and having good results!! It is different (I think) from Yeast Assassin and perhaps Para Rid because it is also a bowel cleanser/flusher too??  ???

For just a parasite killer, I have been doing Yeast Assassin for a little while and it is really easy to take. You can take it with food and it didn't upset my stomach. I took it with a probiotic to keep up the good bacteria and with lots of water.

That Para Rid by Mountain Meadow Herbs sounds pretty good too!
Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
~1 Thessalonians 5:21

Offline dleeandcc

• Learning
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2006, 06:01:47 AM »
Can you take the cleanse while nursing?

Offline jessyru

• Adept
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2006, 07:52:43 AM »

Hi  :)

If you asking about the Colonix cleanse... it is NOT recommended during pregnancy or nursing. I believe that anything involving a parasite cleanse is NOT recommended during pregnancy or nursing.
Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
~1 Thessalonians 5:21

Offline healthnut

• Adept
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2006, 09:42:35 AM »

No, you can't. The company makes sure to post this everywhere. They even say you can't use the fiber while pregnant, but I have no clue as too why. I would figure fiber would be beneficial during pregnancy....

Offline dleeandcc

• Learning
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2006, 11:41:53 AM »
Thanks for letting me know, I'll wait and do it in a few months.
dleeandcc

Offline healthnut

• Adept
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2006, 08:29:45 PM »
Umm,
I found a couple of Parasite cleanses that you could look at...there is the Dr. Natura that I mentioned and then three others. In The Naturally Healthy Pregnancy by Shonda Parker she highly recommends the "ParaCleanse" by the Pure Body Institute. There is "ParaGone" by ReNew Life. And a liquid offered by Mountain Meadow Herbs called "Para-Rid". Dr. Natura does not contain Quassia but the other three do; I am not actually sure what this ingredient does but it is in all the others so it might be important.

Offline Maria/NHM

• Adept
    • My Blog
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2006, 03:21:57 AM »
My husband has been taking yeast assassin. After about two weeks he has started passing little white worms in his stool. They look like white rice :P We have been shocked at the amount of worms! He has had six bowel movements for far with worms. Any idea on how long it normally takes to pass all the worms. Poor thing, normally nothing botheres him but now he's walking around with a rather traumatized look on his face. Seems to be totally grossed out knowing he has worms.

Also would it be wise to wait until he stops passing worms to start any liver cleanses. He has really bad seasonal allergies so we're wanting to try some liver cleanses soon. Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 11:30:40 AM by Ella »
My Blog
http://naturallyhealthymommy.blogspot.com/
Learning and sharing about nutrition and herbs
My user name used to be Ella :)

Offline jenny4wen

• Adept
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2006, 04:07:28 AM »
Oooo!  Poor guy!  I hope it ends soon for him.  Unfortunately, I have no idea about your questions, and I think my hubby might have that problem too when we get to that point!  He liked his pork and fat. . . :P 
I'm smiling! :D

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2006, 10:27:01 AM »
These sound like pinworms.  I don't think it should take very long, but not sure.  I do know however; that they are very easy to pass back and forth between family members.  If one has them, chances are, you all do.  You may want to look into treatment for everyone.  Yeast assassin isn't recommended for small folks, but I got scripts from the doctor for my family when one of my kids got them.  Three of us wound up having them for sure, but we treated all the way around.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Maria/NHM

• Adept
    • My Blog
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2006, 04:37:46 AM »
These sound like pinworms. 

I've been trying to confirm what kind of worms these are. Seen more pictures of worms than I ever wanted :P All the pictures that I've seen of pinworms are long and really thin. These worms are short and fat Like big grains of rice and some of them are red. Not that it matters but I'd like to know for sure what they are. anyone? Also four days later and he's still passing worms three times a day. I had no idea it could be this bad!

« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 11:30:00 AM by Ella »
My Blog
http://naturallyhealthymommy.blogspot.com/
Learning and sharing about nutrition and herbs
My user name used to be Ella :)

Offline 1happygal

• Learning
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2006, 06:27:22 AM »
Have you considered intestinal flukes? You can google it or look on thelivingtree.com for pictures (I am not familiar with the website, just has some good "stages" pictures of int. flukes).

As far as completing the parasite cleanse before starting the liver, I would suggest yes. I have read that our colons need to be clean before toxins from other areas are taken out of the body through this "route." It even mentions that the liver cleanse could be painful before finishing the parasite, bowel and even kidney cleanse (?) These thoughts are all from Hulda Clark's book The Cure for All Diseases

I hope this has helped. I am going to be starting my kidney cleanse soon...already finished the parasite and bowel.

Happy cleansing!

Offline Numero

• Learning
  • My 5th cousin.
    • White Man
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2006, 06:50:44 AM »
They weren't pinworms. We had those for years and always knew it--they come out at night to lay their eggs!  We finally got rid of them with heavy doses of garlic.

Numero (husband of Anita and father of eight members of the sandpile tribe)

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2006, 07:24:59 AM »
They weren't pinworms. We had those for years and always knew it--they come out at night to lay their eggs!  We finally got rid of them with heavy doses of garlic.

Numero (husband of Anita and father of eight members of the sandpile tribe)

exactly what do you mean "they come out"?   ??? :-\ 
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."